Hidden Market just won't spawn

Cannibal_Wombat

So I have been working on the platinum for this game for absolutely ages. I must have played for 250h+ and done more than a hundred runs. I have every trophy except 'the password' for accessing the hidden market via the demon face door. I can only remember seeing this door once AGES ago when I first started playing. Didn't know what it was and couldn't access it after reading up and realising I needed 100 casings or 1 curse. I have been grinding for hours and hours just to see it again, but nothing. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is it more likely to spawn on certain floors (after the keep)? Or with certain characters? Maybe on a new save file? Any other conditions I should be meeting? It might just be pure RNG and I've been incredibly unlucky, but it's driving me mad! HELP! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't take my word for it but I believe it's completely random and I'm sorry to hear about your luck with that trophy, since I've been playing I've encountered the hidden market at least 3-4 times and I've only just killed my first past this week. After the second encounter I entered the Hidden market and I've the trophy as proof too.

I looked at your profile and noticed you got the platinum, do you remember how you got it and was it just random for you? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/04/2020 at 3:37 AM, Erenated said:

Don't take my word for it but I believe it's completely random and I'm sorry to hear about your luck with that trophy, since I've been playing I've encountered the hidden market at least 3-4 times and I've only just killed my first past this week. After the second encounter I entered the Hidden market and I've the trophy as proof too.

I looked at your profile and noticed you got the platinum, do you remember how you got it and was it just random for you? 

Thanks for the reply! Yeah the hidden market finally appeared, totally randomly. Can't remember which floor now, maybe the black powder mine.

• 1 month later...

I lucked out getting this rather early but i played this game for like 200 hours on pc and i guess about a hundred on ps4 or so and i can only remember having had it maybe 4 or 5 times. Not sure if thats also just bad luck or if its just that rare.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 8:14 AM, jonesey46 said:

Was grinding floor 3 for the shambler rounds when it finally spawned after 92 hours play time. Guess what though? No curse and not enough cash. I am so mad. Hopefully I see it again while grinding frifles challenges. 

Got it.

It spawned in the oubliette. I had no curse but around 82 shells and still a few rooms to clear so was hopeful. Ended up clearing all rooms but the boss room with 99 (NINETY NINE!) shells and thought I was fucked because I'd convinced myself bosses don't drop shells, only hedgemoney credits. Of course, bosses do drop shells so I had 100 and got the trophy.

All I have left to do is kill the Dragun 5 times now and I will finally have this platinum!

• Like 1

On 2023-03-24 at 4:45 AM, jonesey46 said:

Got it.

All I have left to do is kill the Dragun 5 times now and I will finally have this platinum!

Nice, this game had some brutal trophies, definitely one of my toughest platinums out of all my games, just cuzz this entire game is rng

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/27/2023 at 12:18 PM, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

Was chatting to someone about this and they mentioned that saving between floors and reloading means that the door can't spawn on that run. 

Can anyone confirm or deny this? It certainly seems that way from my perspective after reloading about 50 times and still nothing. 

It's a pretty rare room so if you find one in 10-15h of normal gameplay you could call yourself a lucky one. I used rainbow mode and shortcut to the second chamber. After arriving on the second floor take the cursed weapon from rat (Hunstman - crossbow-shotgun) and some good gun from rainbow chest and just speedrun the floor. Before the boss room but after you clean the map start a new run from a menu, the game gonna spawn you on the second floor with a new room layout. Rinse and repeat. It took me like 5h so its 100% random. I never got a single hidden market on 1st floor and I had like +100h on PC so maybe its possible but some people claim that you can't get this room on floor 1. 

I would always take a cursed gun from rat because I had a case where I found the room but I had like 80 casings with no way to obtain more. The gun (at least in my game) always show up on second floor rat-shop. 

In my +160h on Pc/Ps5 I saw the hidden market like 7-8times. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 8:15 PM, Demek97 said:

It's a pretty rare room so if you find one in 10-15h of normal gameplay you could call yourself a lucky one. I used rainbow mode and shortcut to the second chamber. After arriving on the second floor take the cursed weapon from rat (Hunstman - crossbow-shotgun) and some good gun from rainbow chest and just speedrun the floor. Before the boss room but after you clean the map start a new run from a menu, the game gonna spawn you on the second floor with a new room layout. Rinse and repeat. It took me like 5h so its 100% random. I never got a single hidden market on 1st floor and I had like +100h on PC so maybe its possible but some people claim that you can't get this room on floor 1. 

I would always take a cursed gun from rat because I had a case where I found the room but I had like 80 casings with no way to obtain more. The gun (at least in my game) always show up on second floor rat-shop. 

In my +160h on Pc/Ps5 I saw the hidden market like 7-8times. 

Amazing, thank you so much. This worked for me and only took me about 3 hours. One thing that I noticed though, the guns from the rat stay static unless you kill the boss of the floor or leave and start a new run on a different floor. So if you don't have a cursed weapon from the rat, you would need to reset until you got one, or alternatively, just grab whatever cursed item that's in the rainbow chest. Thankfully the Fightsabre always seemed be cursed for me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 6:18 AM, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

Was chatting to someone about this and they mentioned that saving between floors and reloading means that the door can't spawn on that run. 

Can anyone confirm or deny this? It certainly seems that way from my perspective after reloading about 50 times and still nothing. 

I can confirm that saving between floors and save scumming doesnt affect it. I got Gungeon Blueprints from a black chest. Save scummed the next floor until the Black Market appeared. Took me an hour of downloading from the cloud and opening the game over and over. And you will not miss it on the map as the gungeon blueprints will show the green demon head entrance icon as well as the separate area where all the merchants and Winchester are. 

Edited by rmsison1
wording