How many unearned trophies do you have?

broy300

• 2 weeks later...

2896 been a rough year adding loads of grindy multiplayer games and knocking out the mp from closing/dead games has taken its toll on my unearned trophies. CR is still high though :)

Spoiler
  • Aug 21     2420 need to stop starting so many new games ?, currently trying to go back to titles that i've already started atm.
  • Feb 21     2504 The highest its been since I've been tracking it but i'm working on my ps3 backlog this year so hopefully i can make a real dent in it again. CR is still over 90% though.
  • Jul 20       2381 taken a bit of a hit lately as i'm trying to get all mp done for ps3/v
  • Aug 19     1616, just cant seem to break 1600, need to stop playing new games and finish up some old ones.

• Apr 17      1633 haven't really reduced my amount over the last year but i have improved my completion rate from about 70 to 91%, so I'm happy with that as one of my aims was a 90%+ CR.
  • Mar 16     1677, taken just over 2 1/2 years but reduced my unearned trophies by almost half of what they used to be. :) 

• Oct 15      1,852, cleaned up over 1000 trophies since i last posted here :) 

• Dec 14     2,437 atm, but slowly reducing that amount.

Edited by Leenewbe

On 4/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

259 atm -_-

hopefully I can bring it down to sub 150 in the next couple months

oof

finished the year just shy of my goal

down to 168 unearned trophies

on the plus side I think I just need to earn 1 or 2 trophies and I'll be at 99% completion ?

3 minutes ago, DrDankSouls said:

I took a look at your profile thinking it'd all be shovelware but they are all legit plats with some ultra-rares in there so it's a nice account.

Also 978 unearned, with plans to get 90% moving on to the next game.

Dude I looked at his profile too. You're right some mighty fine stuff on that list. And it's realistic too. You see some tough games and some easy ones but it makes sense to do an easy one after a crazy grind or tough game.

I'm down to 2357. Hopefully can get that down quite a bit more this year!

Edited by Super_Mep

• 11 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 7:59 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Update: 01/12/22

Completion: 81.34% / Unearned Trophies: 2121

I have actually acquired more unearned trophies but have only made under 0.30% of progress. It's not as bad as it may sound because I have A Plague Tale: Requiem and Ragnarok unfinished and both under 10% completion. Plus, I added Them's Fightin' Herds which is unplayed on my account. I have made decent progress in terms of cleaning up the profile with some games like Bayonetta which is my longest completion time of any game on my profile. I also in preparation for Ragnarok went back and Platted GoW 2018 so that was a nice completion to have for me.

I don't have as much time as I would like to play these days but I am hoping that work will quieten down for me in the new year so I can go back and clean up some of these newer games on my profile that remain unfinished.

New Goal:01/04/23

Achieve 83.00% completion / 2000 unearned trophies by 01/12/22

I have decided to keep the same goals from my last update in September of this year as I clearly am not in a better position to try and go one better when I'm still chasing the same goals. I will come into the new year with a newly rejuvenated approach I hope. I have plenty I want to play but I also would love to go back and play some of the games I haven't touched for literally years on my account.

I am thinking Horizon Zero Dawn DLC cleanup will be one of the first 100% completions I will go for as I recently bought Forbidden West but can't bring myself to play it until I complete the DLC and New Game + trophies in Zero Dawn first. I also have a tradition at this point to play Bloodborne in January of a new year. I still need to go back and complete the The Old Hunters DLC, so that will be two big games I can finally claim the 100% on in the new year,

Overall, I am feeling I really need a restart to get back into hunting trophies as I also do feel like the lack of time I have is also a bit of an excuse on my part. I should be playing more and earning more so I hope to achieve my new goals I have set myself.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Update: 01/09/22

Completion: 81.09% / Unearned Trophies: 2101

I have had a bit of a decent run playing games on the backlog recently. However, I have also added new games to my profile to circumvent some of the progress I have made towards chipping away on the completion %. At one point in these last 4 months since my last update I did actually hit my completion percentage goal of 82.50% so it shows some great progress I have made.

The smattering of recent server closure announcements have given me a kick up the backside on game such as Assassin's Creed 3 and the scare of Far Cry 2 servers going down for 3/4 months and miraculously coming back online out of nowhere. Toiling away on the extreme grind that is GRID Autosport as well. I have been playing a lot of grindy online games these past 4 months which has kept me from completing as many games as I would have liked.

New Goal:

Achieve 83.00% completion / 2000 unearned trophies by 01/12/22

I want to push myself to really get going and focus on hitting my goal of 83.00 completion percentage. As always I have a few games on pre order coming out that only serve to distract me from my main goal but...well..I am excited for them so I have to get them at launch such as MW II, Callisto Protocol and Ragnarok. I may have to intentionally play the easier games I haven't completed on my profile over the next few months just so I can hit my target such as Remember Me. An idea I have come up with is after looking at my list of games to complete, I have some real bogey's on there such as Mass Effect 3 sitting at 2%. If I even get that to 50% complete it would be a nice increase to my percentage but I need to play ME1 and ME2 first so that keeps me from wanting to start it as of yet. I have Demon's Souls at 1% for 10 years so it may finally be time to return to these games sitting at an E rank and even if I don't complete them, just make a significant impact on the percentage of completion.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:05 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Update: 01/05/22

Completion: 79.88% / Unearned Trophies: 2175

I actually hit 80% completion last week but I decided to start another new game on my profile, the percentage back fell back under 80%. No matter, I still hit my completion percentage goal though and am chuffed I managed to do it ?. I played quite a bunch of new games on my account in these last 4 months as I felt a bit paralysed by choice as to what go back to and clean up on my account. So I have been using this system for about 2 months now and it works really well where I play 1 new game and complete it and then play 1 game already on my account. I am alternating between generations too going back to PS3 games as well that are new to my account. So far so good and I have been pretty good (until last week) with not having more 1 game on my plate at a time for trophy hunting. I feel like I can focus more on completing a game at a time. 

This way I am managing to play on average 1 PS5 game, 1 PS4 game and 1 PS3 game per month. I may include PS Vita on this personal routine of mine as I have games to go back and complete as well play for thr first time on that system too. 

New Goal:

Achieve 82.50% completion / 2000 unearned trophies by 01/09/22

My previous goal for unearned trophies remains to be met so I am going to achieve it by September and finally claim under 2000 unearned trophies in the next 4 months. I know I can do this in 2 months or less if I put my mind to it but I also want to enjoy trying out new games too as after all this hobby is for fun and not to feel forced to play certain games when I may not feel like to. 

It only gets harder to increase my completion % which is why I'm only increasing the goal by 2.50% this time. I feel really happy with the progres I have made since starting working on increasing my completion a couple years ago. 

Happy trophy hunting to all!

On 1/1/2022 at 9:08 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Update: 01/01/2022

Completion: 77.19% / Unearned Trophies: 2349

I'm quite happy with my progress in the last 4 months considering I've had less time to play and have added new games that have affected my completion percentage and number of unearned trophies. I didn't quite manage to achieve either of my goals but I'm still keen on achieving my previous goal I set for myself early on in 2022.

It may not look it but I have been going back to older games to cross them off my backlog list, I have games that I completed in 2021 that took me up to 10 years to finally complete. I also broke my last year's record for most amount of Platinums in a year. In 2020, I got 22 Platinums which was my all time best, now, I have achieved 30 Platinums in 2021, really chuffed with that considering I spent two whole months playing a single game each. No surprise they were both JRPG's as it was FF7R in March-April and Valkyria Revolution in Sept-Oct. There's a reason why I limit myself to only 1 or 2 JRPG's a year: because of their enormous time sink ? That being said, I plan to play Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise this year so I will stick to only those 2 for the year and settle for 2 months out of the 12 that are just for 2 games.

I plan to continue playing the games on my backlog throughout most of the year in 2022. I already have a few games queued up for completion coming into the new year so i will be starting off on a high note.

New Goal

Achieve 80% completion / 2000 unearned trophies by 01/05/22.

I am essentially extending my previous goal into early 2022 for the simple reason, early 2022 is looking STACKED with good games coming out and I do want to play them like Horizon: Forbidden West, The King of Fighters XV, SIFU, Dying Light 2 etc. So I will devote less time to cleaning up my backlog in the months of February/March so I will have to make a big effort in January and April to hit my goals. I'll be updating every 4 months so I'll have 3 opportunities to post my progress and I plan to be over 80% completion by early next year so here goes nothing! Hope everyone has a pleasant backlog cleanup experience in 2022!

On 9/1/2021 at 1:06 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Update: 01/09/2021

Completion: 75.65% / Unearned Trophies: 2422

I managed to achieve both of my goals, especially my unearned trophies, quite comfortably. I've been going through my backlog at a steady clip these past 3 months. I've cut down on adding new games to my profile so this really helped me in increasing my completion percentage where I finally hit the 75% completion rate. I'm looking back at my previous posts and seeing my percentage of completion go from 66% to 75% after 1 year and a half is quite a big achievement and a good barometer for how long it may take me to hit the 80%-85% completion percentage.

I already have surpassed my previous best record for most Platinums in a year which was 22 Platinums with 24 Platinums and there are still 4 months left in the year to potentially get another 6 Platinums and make that 30 Platinums achieved in 2021. I do plan to start games on my backlog that aren't yet on my profile as I would like to take a break from just playing the same games I already played in the past so this may hurt my chances of achieving my next goals I want to set for myself but I think for the sake of my own enjoyment in this hobby it is worth doing.

New Goal

Achieve 80% completion / 2000 unearned trophies by 01/01/22.

I stretched the time-frame to 4 months instead of 3 as it just makes sense to ride out the rest of the year for this new goal. I think I have the potential to hit 80% by next year but getting to 2000 unearned trophies by then will prove challenging, I did this just to set myself a nice round number of 2000 unearned trophies.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Update #3: 01/06/21 - 72.53% / 2750 unearned trophies - I wanted to update on the 1st of June instead of waiting until the end of the month this time and consistently do that every 3-6 months. I am behind on both goals I set myself (although it was for end of June, I don't think I can reach 75% completion by then but can certainly attain 2700 unearned trophies by then). The good news is that i'm not that far behind the goals I set for myself. The big hit that my profile took for unearned trophies and also completion percentage was when I popped 1 or 2 trophies on Mass Effect 3 earlier this year as I wanted to have the lone multiplayer trophy completed before any server shutdown that might have occurred when the Legendary Edition was still on track to come out this year.

I currently have 14 platinums for the year and am on track for having my second best year for platinum trophies. I could even end up beating my previous best record for most platinums that I achieved last year when I got 22 platinums but that would require a level of consistency that I am lacking recently when it comes to my trophy hunting. I only play games that I find enjoyment in so I wouldn't go the route of playing easy games for easy platinums. If a game is easy to platinum but I find fun and enjoyable such as Star Wars Episode 1 Racer then that is a different circumstance all together

I'm going to set myself a 3 month goal: Achieve 75% completion / 2600 unearned trophies. Nothing too difficult to achieve. I'm essentially extending my original completion goal by 3 months but this time I think it's realistic for the pace at i'm going through my backlog this year.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

My end of year update - 69.38% completion  with 2923 unearned trophies. So I managed to hit almost both of my goals but just narrowly missed that 70% completion rating. Although I managed to hit a different milestone of mine and that is 100 platinums! So all in all this year was a resounding success for my trophy hunting.

The previous year I got the most platinums in was 2009 with 15 platinums and that has been comfortably beaten by this year with 22 platinums. 

My new goal is to reach 75% completion with 2700 unearned trophies by end of June 2021 and will post another update by then.

On 8/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

5 months later and I now have 3,246 unearned trophies and 65.63% of completion percentage. So at least in terms of percentage I am back to 66% completion percentage but this time not hiding any games.

I have been completing games to 100% recently (with a few exceptions) and it's the first time I have just committed to completing 1 game at a time and going for the plats and 100%'s of older games I have on my profile. 

I'll do another update at end of year and my goal is to reach 70% completion and under 3000 unearned trophies. 

This thread has been dormant for exactly a year so time to revive it!

Update: 01/09/2021

Completion: 84.19% / Unearned Trophies: 1933

Played a ton of games since last update which explains marginal gain in completion percentage and number of unearned trophies. 

New Goal

Achieve 86% completion / 1700 unearned trophies by 01/06/24

• Like 1

I have for almost 2 years now constantly about 5000. sometimes it goes up to 5100 sometimes down to 4900 but that’s about it. I guess on average I finish new games and for every unfinished new I finish an old