Here Comes A New Challenger: IT WORKS

Sombroff

EDIT February 12th 2020: seems this bug is now FIXED!!

ok so first maybe it's worth to ask more informations here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/forums/account-and-network.topic.html/driveclub_challenges-h7mP/

and second i have read here that it's better to play online while trying to do this 2 challenges trophy:

so now we are trying with Ozer928 to first do an online race, to push the game to make us appear as online, then we send each other a challenge, so far it's not really working better, but who knows?

seems it's also better to do online race while our challenges expire

i will keep you in touch if it works, in the meanwhile if someone has a better solution to finally have this Here Comes A New Challenger trophy, please share

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Djeheuty said:

Thanks I’ll try this method tonight and see how it goes 

if it works for you too don't forget to inform us here, to confirm this step by step guide is really useful

if not, it means i just got this trophy by completely random luck

but i really feel that doing more often online races with friends help to got this trophy in one way or an other

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 3

your friend must really play your challenge and set a score less good than yours,

this challenge must also appear in the ingame menu (not sure it works if it's only challenge invitation from ps4 notification invatation, at least it didn't work for me this way)

actually the alt account method really didnt work at all for me, it's since i only play with my account, and a friend online, and take turn between challenges and MP events that I got this trophy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KILLERMACHINE666 said:

K loook verry pain  now i am glad did early but wil tel him thank for reply 

sure that to spend 5-10 hours on a trophy that should take only 10 minutes (if there was not any bug) is not really enjoyable

unfortunately as trophy hunters it's not the first time we experience this kind of things

still remember lego world which suddenly corrupted all my saves, even the one on psn+, had to restart whole game from zero

Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing where the save even never works at all

all the blue screens errors during AC odyssey

etc

• Like 1

Ok so the past 2 days I was trying to do it via 1 system with an alt... I noticed by playing the multiplayer, it made it so i could send challenges briefly. So I kept bouncing back and forth between main and alt/ multiplayer and challenges. I kept being able to send challenges to my alt and then getting a lower score with my alt, but trophy refused to pop. I made sure to watch the timer expire. The leaderboards wouldnt update and I also couldnt see the score I needed to beat either, so I thought that was why. Well, today I had an issue with my driveclub VR disc so went out and bought another copy. Turns out I didnt have to do that bc it finally worked after a 3rd deletion and installation of driveclub vr. Well since I had 2 copies I decided to try loading my alt on the other system. Started up my main and my alt and had both systems on driveclub vr side by side in the living room, ready to spend a few hours trying this method. Well I forgot to put the alts save file on the other system, so I closed things down and copied the save to a USB stick so I could install the save on the other system. When I booted back up with both systems that time, I saw on my main, one of my challenges from yesterday actually popped up expired and then DING challenge trophy popped. So must be I just couldnt have the alt and my main logged on the ps4 at the same time bc having to close application and switching user fucked up the whole process... well I'm glad this is over with. Thank you to the OP for showing everyone this method bc this is basically what I was doing the last 2 days over and over (only thing different was trying to do it with my alt and main logged in at the same time.) If anyone who is having trouble getting this trophy wants to hit me up, I'll gladly help them until server closure.

Edited by PViddy
  • Like 3

Thank you PViddy to confirm at least the first step of my mini guide: 

be sure to be the only one connected to your ps4, your alt accounts must be disconnected during whole process”

It really means that for this trophy or you need to do it with a friend or to have two ps4 systems.

Before to finally have this trophy with a friend I also tried to do it by myself with my alt account on same ps4 during 5 days without any success.

And I still think that it’s important to continue playing multiplayer events with your friend between each challenge, almost all my win challenge notifications have appeared after finishing a multiplayer event and going back to the main menu.

• Like 2

I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry if there is anything wrong.  

I asked the trophy holder how he got it.  He said it was important to "wait about 5 minutes" after the challenge to get the trophy.  In fact I recorded the main account score and the alt account score for the challenge in this way.

There are two other important things.  One is that the challenge has two scores, the main account and the alt.  The other is that you are in the game when the challenge expires.

In some cases, two alt scores were recorded in one challenge.  I think there is a time slot to record the score.  To elaborate, I had to restart the menu about 10 times instead of waiting 5 minutes after the end of the challenge.  Two of them were recorded.

I have definitely won one challenge, but have not seen any in-game notifications.  And the record disappeared from the expired list.  If I can get the trophy, I will report the situation at that time.

• Like 1

Slightly correct the above post.  The trophy acquirer had said exactly "Wait about 30 minutes in the game after the race is over."  However, I waited a minute or two after the end of the challenge race and restarted about 10 times, but my score was recorded.  I checked the record the next day.  All races here are drift, 24 hours, invitation only.

thanks gffhjyyhnvvg, maybe you found the way to record scores on the leaderboard, i never did

the only time i can see scores appear in challenges leaderboard it's when I receive the won challenge notification after the challenge expired, and most of the time, just after have played a multiplayer event

• Like 1

I remembered one.  I don't think this is very useful, but when I selected a race more than a year ago from the challenge creation column, my score was recorded from the beginning.  Probably, the score before the failure of the server function remains.  However, old races may get out of the challenge section and disappear, and eventually overwrite new ones.  

As mentioned above, it may be a time to score especially after a multiplayer event.  I have no opponent and I can't verify it lol

As a problem of this `` wait for 5 minutes '', in the case of the main account you can not access the challenge again, so make the setting of the challenge public or send a lot of challenges and play the one with the score recorded in the sub account  Might be better.

• Like 1

@gffhjyyhnvvg

i don't know about old scores, i have just begin this game one week ago, and yes 1 hour public challenge (and send invite to your friend) is maybe the best thing to do, and always swtich between MP and Challenges

@Secretfoo

contact ozer928

and belalshareb

and Br1ste

and Djeheuty

and hasan-123k 

they all are trying to do this trophy too atm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sombroff said:

@gffhjyyhnvvg

i don't know about old scores, i have just begin this game one week ago, and yes 1 hour public challenge (and send invite to your friend) is maybe the best thing to do, and always swtich between MP and Challenges

@Secretfoo

contact ozer928

and belalshareb

and Br1ste

and Djeheuty

and hasan-123k 

they all are trying to do this trophy too atm

would like to also add my name to this list PSN: thisJUSTin-

send a friend request with drive club VR 

i have added you to the psn group

and just a quick update: even I already have this trophy, now I just turn on this game and did a solo time attack mode on the 17th Indian track, did 7 or 8 laps, mainly to drift to boost my player level to 60, and when I came back to the menu I have on old challenge notification that I should have received 2 days ago that I just received, even without doing any multiplayer event. So don’t loose  hope, this game server is maybe just a few days delay, but at the end it works

so you are all ok, if not too much hurry, but it will be more painful for players who want to begin this game from scratch few days before the server closure

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2