What's your most nostalgic Platinum?

charxsetsuna

What Platinum do you look back to most fondly? Difficulty doesn't matter only how you feel about it looking back.

My first Platinum was jojo's bizarre adventure all star battle on a old account and my only for the longest time. I wasnt sure if i was ever going to get a Platinum at that point so it was a great milestone.

• Like 2

I'd say F1 2010. That was my first game ever on PS3, but not my first platinum, because it was really hard and I wasn't even interested in trophies back then. The game itself has a nostalgic feel, and when I decided to plat it, it took me almost 2 years, and man, what a fun journey. I still have somewhere a video of my reaction when the platinum popped, screaming like an idiot with a big smile on my face :D

• Like 3

Mine would be the Dark Souls platinum on PS3, which is also the first. After being suggested to play it by a friend, this game got me in so badly I had to stop playing it for a while. Never before had I felt so entranced and compelled to understand this world that was moving around me, and it got to the point I ended up entering high level areas when I wasn't supposed.

As a result, I had to restart the game at least a couple times before ending my platinum playthrough. Also got a bit supersticious, so most of my Soulsborne savefiles are stored in the second slot.

• Like 2

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

It’s been 7.5 years since I got the platinum but I still think about it till this day. The feeling I got when I finally got the last trophy is one I haven’t gotten since. The grind was insane. I wish I had a turbo controller back then.

• Like 3

Well, there are a lot, but it might be Katamari Forever. I really enjoyed playing that game, and getting plat took a while. The best thing about that game was that there is a girl who created a site dedicated to Katamari games, and even years after the release of this one, she would still answer questions. That is dedication!

Horizon Zero Dawn. Back on the good ol days when I could work from home. I'd set to complete all my tasks on 5 hours or so, then play games all afternoon. Now I'm just doing a boring work > university > home routine, can't even game for 3 hours straight, or it'll be too late to wake up the next morning.

• Like 3

It has to be Final Fantasy VIII for me. My first ever game and when SE released 7 then 9 for PS4 I thought they completely forgot about it.

When they announced it I got so excited and it's still as good as I remember.

Doing everything in that game (to me) is an absolute joy. So I was so happy when I could relive it all over again considering I played it last almost 10 years ago.

Even though it literally re-released a couple of months ago I always have the verge to play it because of the high Nostalgia of simpler times.

Edited by ImmortalFox-
  • Like 1

Telltale's the Walking Dead: Season One. While it is by no means a difficult platinum, I like to reminisce about it because it was the first platinum trophy I obtained despite being interested in trophies since owning a PS3. From that point onwards, I felt compelled to pursue more challenging platinums and when I look back in retrospect, it is astounding at just how many platinums I have managed to obtain over the years of varying difficulties. Also because I thought it was a phenomenal title, although the subsequent Telltale offerings didn't quite have the same impact on me with the exception of Borderlands. 

• Like 3

modern warfare 2 PS3: first platinum, it was 2009 and almost everyone is nostalgic of past years.

MGSV, Bloodborne and GOW 2018: even if they had 6 stacks each, I would do all of them: I love those games so bad.

Horizon zero dawn, ghost recon wildlands, nioh: remind me a year (2017) of very cool videogames released

• Like 2

The first platinums in the for me relevant categories.

Obviously my first platinum is nostalgic for me, the game was The Last Of Us Remastered and I was completely new to trophy hunting, it was my first plat and therefore really satisfying but it was also pretty easy.

The first ultra rare came shortly after, Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, ultra rare not due to being hard but just really grindy and confusing requirements, basically the first among the noteworthy number(relatively) of platinums that tested my patience for grind.

Finally the first hard platinum was Oddworld New 'n' Tasty. I disagree with the difficulty rating of this game, it required being on top of your game and making very little mistakes so certainly challenged me while also being a lot of fun. The first plat to really get me the rewarding feeling of overcoming something thats not easy to do.

Basically my first 3 plats had it all, masterpiece game with well balanced platinum, good game with grindy platinum, and great game with challenging platinum.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 2