What's your most nostalgic Platinum?

charxsetsuna

Mine is Probably Batman Arkham Knight, I had spent three days straight working on brutality 101 and when I finally got it my roommate and I were so excited we started the second harder playthrough playing it straight and we forgot to pick up a friend of ours from work for three hours. when I went to pick her up it was 1 am she was pissed i explained that I had popped Brutality she was like shit really and she forgave me we finished the game game popped the platinum and then we celebrated by getting higher than hell but the whole Final day story will always make that platinum trophy will favorite.

• Like 3

Mine was Tales of Vesperia on PS3. I got this one twice, once on my old account and again on this one, but I really put the blood, sweat, tears and hours into that game. I also have so much ToV and Yuri merchandise from going to the Tales Festivals in Japan. I put a lot of effort into this game and used to play it for hours on end as I was in uni at the time and had lots more free time. 

FF13 was my first platinum which i also remember fondly as I loved the game and it was my first PS3 game as well. Lightning remains to this day my all time favourite video game character

Assassins Creed II

My first platinum. 

Yeah I know, probably the most common platinum on the PS3 and all. Everybody knows about this game. 

But this was the game that gave me a love/hate relationship with the franchise. Played this on Xbox 360 but never bothered to get all achievements. Turns out that everything besides the feathers was enjoyable. 

From a nostalgic point of view, I think most will agree that Assassins Creed II is their most beloved title. Origins and Odyssey just don’t have the same charm or appeal. 

• Like 1

Mine would be 龍が如く7 光と闇の行方 (aka: Yakuza: Like a Dragon)!  Mainly because it my first completion of Yakuza title in Japanese which is NOT being easy to understand especially with new JRPG (turn-based combat).  Also no difficulty option which means no need to try to play in ex-hard like in other Yakuza titles which this game is pretty much easy to ex-hard just by your enemies levels compare to your team.  The other games that I'd already platinum can't top this since this has 62 trophies which is quite a lot.  I will be able to remember this is the highest platinum feat that I can remember & hopefully can make it go down as the next fallen to a game that I can re-write as the new one.

• Like 1

God of War 3. I platinumed it twice. The first was my very first platinum trophy: I didn’t care at all about trophy rank or getting hundreds of plats. It was just a game I really liked so I’m like “Hey it would be cool to 100% that”. The second time platinuming it came right as I started getting into trophy hunting. Hadn’t made a profile here yet or anything. I just saw the emptyish list sitting in my profile and went back for it. 

• Like 1

My first, Toy Story 3. Before Trophy guides, PSNProfiles, everything basically as I was new to the internet in 2011. I believe Toy Story 3 was the only PS3 game I played like I did on PS1 and PS2, that being just me and the game. With getting Internet everything changed. I remember running around as woody for ages searching for the last collectable then finding it and seeing that plat pop like it was yesterday. 

Edited by Winters_Solace
  • Like 2

I'm breaking the rules a bit by having 4

As much as bioshock is my favorite franchise I already 100%ed it back on Xbox 360 so 

Assassin's Creed brotherhood - I love this game I love ezio I played it back in the day and never platinum'd it on PS3 so I loved getting the plat

Dragon age Origins & 2 - oh my goodness I love these games, origins was one of the first games I played on PS3 back in the day, I finally decided hoop it I need the plat

COD GHOSTS - Oh yeah a call of duty I made some of my best online friends going for this plat with the stupid aliens 

• Like 1

My most nostalgic Platinum has to be the The Crew. I played that game day after day for three months. I remember having to rubber band my controller and leave my car driving circles till it reached 5,000 miles (and I had to come back and press a button every 15 minutes or I'd be kicked off the server for inactivity, LOL). It was so worth the effort in the end. I continued to play the game long after I Platinumed it because of the all the great post-launch content. I love that game so much and it breaks my heart the second one lost my interest at launch. 

On 2/7/2020 at 8:10 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Spider-Man. Great game (though the challenges/labs were boring asf), and even greater DLCs! The combat was impressive, as was the voice acting and graphics! 

Woah now you saying Spider-Man's DLC is better than its main campaign?

• Like 3

Gotta be Bio Shock Infinite. I fell in love with that game. The story was amazing and the gameplay was some of my absolute favorite at the time. Loved the music and the ambience too. The environment was just so interesting and detailed. 

Beating it on the hardest difficulty was tough no doubt lol but I enjoyed absolutely every second I played of that game 

I know this isn't what you mean. But when I played Kingdom Hearts 2. Listening to the Twilight Town music, playing as Roxas I remembered when I first played the game, at my aunts house when I had a bedroom there. Also the boss, the first time around I called my friend that was playing the same time because I didn't know how to deflect the projectiles properly. Playing it again just made me relive a really good and simple time in my life.