DarthMagnus0605

Getting the Platinum on Vita Question

8 posts in this topic

Hi Trophy Hunters,

I just bought a PS Vita recently and I am so excited to be playing it again. I had several games in my backlog that I want to go back and get the platinum for and one of them is hotline miami. I know that the game is very difficult and requires a lot of precision controls and movement. My question is has anyone gotten the Platinum trophy on the Vita or should i play it on my PS4?

I did it on the ps vita, I always play a lot better on the vita then on the big screen. But I know that the ps3 version (without patch) is a lot easier since you will need to A+ on less levels.

Just try out both to see what works best for you, the game features cross save so you can go back and forth on both platforms :)

I did it almost entirely on the Vita (exception being the 60 to Car trophy that bugged out the tracking) and had no problems playing it on the Vita.

I had zero issues with it on Vita. Good luck and I recommend the second one as well.

Yes you can. I got both platinums, from Hotline Miami 1 & 2, on Vita. 

The first Hotline Miami has a different way of scoring kills for those A+ ranks. The second Hotline Miami you pretty much have to maintain a big combo multiplier using whatever weapon is handy. Doors are counter productive in maintaining scores since the scoring system is different in the second game than the first game.

Have fun. Two of my favorite indie games, with some real kickass music. The soundtrack is amazing in both.

I started playing the game on Vita and I have been making good progress so far and have not had too much trouble getting the A+ ranks on the early chapters. I'm pretty hopeful I can get the platinum but I appreciate the input everyone has given.

On 2/8/2020 at 2:00 AM, Spaz said:

Have fun. Two of my favorite indie games, with some real kickass music. The soundtrack is amazing in both.

And story is so damn good also, if not the best of all indie games and a lot of AAA games.