Oblivion Walker trophy glitched?

manyuhesp

I know a lot of people had this problem. After collecting 15 daedric artifacts, I mean, obeying the daedra in order to get the right items, the trophy won´t pop.

Well, I did it yesterday, I completed 15 quests and got 15 daedric artifacts, simple... and I did not get the trophy, and my platinum faded away...

Now, there is much debate on this and here is why I need your opinion.

1. The Skeleton key you get through the Thieves Guild missions, even being a daedric artifact, it does not count for the trophy... it seems.

2. After the last patch, even using the glitch to get both the Ring of Hircine and the Savior's Hide during "Ill met by Moonlight", the two items will not count, only one will.

So, having the 15 daedric, what I am gonna do is push a little bit further and get the Skeleton key, we'll see if that works.

If that doesn't work, I will have to trace back to a previous save file... like... 12 quests behind (i know, my bet), use the glitch to get the Ring of Hircine and the Hide and then do (again) the rest of daedric quests.

Well, I know this thing is old, but I want to put an end to all the discussion, about the Skeleton key, about Hircine's glitch, and see if I can find a consistent way to get this damn trophy and save you guys a headache.

Feedback much appreciated.

If that doesn't work, I will have to trace back to a previous save file... like... 12 quests behind (i know, my bet), use the glitch to get the Ring of Hircine and the Hide and then do (again) the rest of daedric quests.

A friend of mine did just that and got the trophy when he beat the last deadric quest. 

It's been over a year since I plated Skyrim but isn't there 16 Deadric Artifacts and 1 of them doesn't count as the trophy? I recall something like this but not 100% sure.

If the issue persists, delete the patch and try again. I know the trophies were fine before the patches. I normally lose out to glitched trophies. But Skyrim glady was not 1 of them. You should make a save before your 15th Artifact and try forcing the trophy to pop by replaying that quest.

• Like 1

It's been over a year since I plated Skyrim but isn't there 16 Deadric Artifacts and 1 of them doesn't count as the trophy? I recall something like this but not 100% sure.

If the issue persists, delete the patch and try again. I know the trophies were fine before the patches. I normally lose out to glitched trophies. But Skyrim glady was not 1 of them. You should make a save before your 15th Artifact and try forcing the trophy to pop by replaying that quest.

Yep, you are right. By design, during Hircine's quest only one item can be obtained, the ring or the hide, so that makes 15 items. I did that and the trophy did not pop. I deleted the patch, tried again but the save file I had was made with the patch. That means that the game does not allow you to load that save file without the patch. You can start all over again, I mean, from scratch after deleting the patch which is... well, doable, it just takes time and patience.

I restarted a save file I had with two daedric quests done and forced the Hircine's glitch to obtain 2 artifacts, now on 3 quests to be done and... theoretically, to get the trophy. Let's see if that works. If it does, I will have done it with 16 artifacts which is... terrible.

If this fails, delete patch, start new game and proceed is the only solution left I think    :(

You're missing a quest. The Skeleton Key quest is not a Daedric quest, so you must be missing another one somewhere.

Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine do not count for two artifacts, only one, so that won't solve your problem either. Here's a lit of the artifacts and their quests.

Daedric Quest List:

Mace of Molag Bal – House of Horrors
Dawnbreaker - The Break of Dawn

Spellbreaker - The Only Cure

Wabbajack - The Mind of Madness

Sanguine’s Rose - Night to Remember

Azura's Star/The Black Star - The Black Star

Savior’s Hide - Ill Met by Moonlight

Mehrunes’ Razor - Pieces of the Past

Masque of Clavicus Vile - A Daedra’s Best Friend

Ring of Namira - The Taste of Death

Skull of Corruption - Waking Nightmare

Volendrung - The Cursed Tribe

Ebony Blade - Dragon Rising

Oghma Infinium - Discerning the Transmundane

Ebony Mail - Boethiah’s Calling

You're missing a quest. The Skeleton Key quest is not a Daedric quest, so you must be missing another one somewhere.

Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine do not count for two artifacts, only one, so that won't solve your problem either. Here's a lit of the artifacts and their quests.

Daedric Quest List:

Mace of Molag Bal – House of Horrors

Dawnbreaker - The Break of Dawn

Spellbreaker - The Only Cure

Wabbajack - The Mind of Madness

Sanguine’s Rose - Night to Remember

Azura's Star/The Black Star - The Black Star

Savior’s Hide - Ill Met by Moonlight

Mehrunes’ Razor - Pieces of the Past

Masque of Clavicus Vile - A Daedra’s Best Friend

Ring of Namira - The Taste of Death

Skull of Corruption - Waking Nightmare

Volendrung - The Cursed Tribe

Ebony Blade - Dragon Rising

Oghma Infinium - Discerning the Transmundane

Ebony Mail - Boethiah’s Calling

Those are the 15 artifacts I collected, none of them were missing, I made really sure about it. I did Hircine's glitch in this new playthrough to see if it works (I am pretty sure it won´t but... gotta try!)

I can only recall one thing that went wrong during the Cursed Tribe quest, when you go with the orc to kill the giant, I killed the giant before speaking to the orc so one of the mini-objectives inside the quest got left blank, ("protect *orc's name*")but the quest was completed and I got the warhammer, so...   I don't know man, clueless right now. 

Just to close case here.

I used the glitch to get both Ring of Hircine and Savior's Hide, my playthrough was done after the last patch was installed. I got to the last quest "Boethia's Calling" and when I got the last item (that makes 16 daedric items) I got the trophy.

So, yes, it seems you need 16 daedric items to get the trophy, not 15 as the trophy says. 

Whoever is trying to get this trophy and have any problem with it, let me know and I´ll help you out.

Thanks to everyone that answered to this thread!

I'm currently working on this trophy and just realized I already did the Ill Met by Moonlight quest. I only got the Saviors Hide, so I hope i can still get the trophy. Really don't want to have to make a new character just for the deadric artifacts.

I did not keep Hircine's Ring in my playthrough, and I had no problems with the trophy.

• 2 months later...

I did all the quest as stated by Shintetsuken & was awarded the trophy . I recommend doing the following missions 1st, for the great rewards:

'Boethiahs Calling-Ebony Mail', which is a heavy armored stealth suit when crouched(sneaking). You will need to lure a person to 'sacrificice pillar'.  I took a follower "Marcurio" from The Bee & Barb in Riften, to be sacrificed & recieved the Ebony mail. But after this I was not able to recruit another human follower, every character I asked to join me said that I already has someone with me 'Marcurio'!!  even though I sacrificed him. So I never needed a follower from that point on anyway, but be carefull who you lure to the sacrifice pillar.

'The Cursed Tribe-Volendrung', Volendrung is the most powerfull enchanted War Hammer & can even be improved with smithing. Good if you can get it early in game when you get surprise encounters with  large enemies e.g Giants, Mammoths, Deathlords, Dragons. 

'A Daedras Best Friend-Mask of Clavicus Vile', Its the only head-wear w/speech & barter bonuses. With Ciseros Armour & haggling necklace, its the perfect merchant outfit.

Azura's Star/The Black Star - The Black Star, The Black star is a multi, re-fillable soul gem holder that can hold large souls.

I sold everything else...the other items were not much use to me. 

Oghma Infinium - Discerning the Transmundane, Will give extra skill xp in 4 skills depending on which skill set you wish to advance e.g.Mage, Thief, Warrior. If done early when you are novice, you will not get the full benefit because it multiplies your xp from what current level it is. I did it last to maximise the XP

Savior’s Hide - Ill Met by Moonlight: I never got to keep the hide, just Hircines Ring, which are in the same mission.

I just hit Level 99!!...& have over 3.4 million gold.... :yay: 

• 7 months later...

I didn't have any problems with this. I saved the Hircine quest for last because the rewards sucked and I figured it would give me a chance to go for both items if it didn't pop immediately. I got it right after I killed the hunters (and received the artifact) so I didn't have to try for the glitch.

I'm pretty sure you just have to obtain the items, not hold. But being the paranoid I am, I just left them all in my house in winter fell until it popped, and then sold it all off.

Edited by Hemiak

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if my english isnt good but im trying , ive stucked in this shit glitch too , (old post , i know) but i find a *fix* to this problem ! If u dont have catch the Savior's Hide and dont have find Sinding anymore , go to Falkreath Hold → Falkreath Barracks and Falkreath Jail , u may find Sinding in the cellar (WTF) , in werefolf form and if u talk to him , maybe he will follow u to out of the jail , when u return to barracks Sinding will run to go out to Falkreath , kill him the fast u can and Skin him , Hircine will appear and give the Savior's Hide to you , ive research too much to know this another glitch to fix the achievement glitch and the Achievement *Pop Up* , but who i am to say anything to Bethesda ? The Elder Bugs V: Glitch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've read that and that's why I've reinstalled with a regular skyrim disc, In fact I don't think I'll even update the disc and leave it as Skyrim 1.00 until I get this trophy. The only other trophy for me is 100,000 gold. After those 2 I'll update and then install the DLC.