Post Your most Recent Milestone!

Beyondthegrave07

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had to search to find this thread but I'm blur-ging it  b a c k.  

41Lbb55c3.png7,000th Trophy MilestoneLb8c950.pngsilverChallenger [3.67%]

"Master the Blur Challenges". Earned the clean way, on my 381st multiplayer race. 

I had the choice of having gold"Living Legend?" [6.14%]. It was my 6,999th but that's not what I want people to think. I'm just a challenger in the race.

Edited by VI_underGROUND
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
DISCLAIMER: My post as a whole is very self indulgent. Felt like writing, and used this as my excuse to.

Milestone: 100th Platinum Trophy
1Lf8b33e.png
Fundead Legionnaire
spacer.pngspacer.pngL6e2c3c.png
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS4)

For my centennial platinum, I returned to an odd creation that previously swept away oodles of cynicism for me on PlayStation 3. A funny & friendly frag-fest, galore-lously gooped in green & gray goofiness where everyone's a winner at the all K & no D, results screen. This slaphappy double-dip into Popcap's gaga, whimsy-gunplay wasn't a party I had heart to crash again for nine hundred ninety-six nights; long after the rave was gifted thru a promo. Plus who knew how long I'd have to wait before RNG revealed the pieces of my favorite plants & rotten athletes. As it happens, I'd never unlock my main bush this time around. A burst-firing sunflower who was a brisk slayer in my hands. Honestly those games with her are the only ones where I've seen a committed healer be crowned with a skull at the end. What a raw heartache to not be reunited as heroes for a second conquest. Tesoro mio girasoli, ti amerò per sempre...! My darling sunflower, I'll always love you.

40-gold.pngGarden Crazy40-gold.png
Complete a Garden Ops match on Crazy Difficulty
23L41449c.png
Garden Ops showed more resistance than other memories readied me for. Defending my garden from atop "Sharkbite Shores" westernmost overpass, I was caught in a strenuous place between death & defeat. Scoped by rocket-jumpers and harassed by mechanic splash fire...All the while countering abominable, disco dancing & Transylvanian space invaders along my sliver of a geologic warship, as the horde below works to crush the past half hour into bitter memory...
Dream freezer is what I called Yeti. Enormous but jittery as a bug, and then he's gone. Teleported somewhere, and now you had better slip the incoming fastball. "Oh, what's that? Fighting off a six pronged assault? Well here's some auto-targeted ice rain over your cover. Better find someplace else to die while winter rages! Don't forget to write! Fuck it, wait up! I've always, ALWAYS wanted to see the inside of that crevice!" Yeti brought the heat. I entered Garden Ops alone but with an open lobby. The first randoms to get caught up in this madness were three chompers, and a sunflower with a tank complex. All would spent most of their time spectating me, because they were dead. Sometimes I'd pick one up where I ostensibly deemed I could, but there wasn't sense in it. I just hoped to show them, "hey". "Look at me picking you up. What if you weren't playing a plant who has to digest a target? What if you could do splash damage? What if you had super speed and a super jump like me? What if you had a gatling gun or a big bomb?" After the garden fell, they chose to be chumps again. Twice. I quit to shake em, not totally wanting to close any doors with my boot.

I fought some failing battles alone, while more randoms wandered in & out. Eventually these would manifest as... A smart rapid-fire sunflower, studied in the art of caution. A spark spewing chomper who liked the short leash. Lastly a fire cactus, always angling for a target. They were an adorable ground force, and together we made a pretty kick-ass team. I'd even occasionally have the luxury of abandoning my overwatch position, because the fight had clearly gone to their corner. The sunflower also went out of her way to heal me up when I came down. I couldn't believe it.
Though, I don't mean to paint too pretty a picture. Some waves were on me to finish, and continue cards were definitely consumed, but these plants were fighters, no fucking doubt. 

Hardboiled Endgame Account
Another violent wave behind us, I'm watching from my rocky high perch as sunflower races off from our hard kept beachfront garden, away into the greater map and blankly wondering why. "This isn't like you". When the announcement sounds; garbled gibberish that let us still gaping know formally. Get to the extraction point. Crazy Dave is coming. "Crap!" Memories of last gen kick me hard. I'd lost a fortune in time already. Off I go! Look at me guys, c'mon GO! Twisting to shoot a pea their way as I drop from safety. Chomper snaps his jaws, and I feel terror for him. It's a long way to trot. I hope he won't fumble his lifeline. I haven't yet reached cover when like judgement day the horde appears; zombie soldiers gas grenades already fuming royal hued despair as I move sidelong into the fog, firing my cannon in a bid to end what reanimated life I can for my friends behind me...and for myself ahead. Once behind cover, hungry corpse heads fall loosely to the earth while others stare down at it, suspended as their bodies arch forward to pelt us with the missiles carried on their backs. Tiny monsters with lit fuses run amok; giddy at the thought of dying a second time, they try to surround us. Graveyards rise in every direction, and I know a Goliath isn't far behind. "Will we endure?" Crucial moments later, with my friends securing the zone marker, I break for the closest grave site. "I can't let us be buried dammit"...The dead pursue while I chase doom, around the mounds of stone, until I reach it. Loosing a chili bomb to distract those who stand near. I spring onto a house roof where I plant my pea-gatling and set it to work against the pillar summoning devils; it seems to inhale this inferno and spit it out. The sinister structure now evaporated, I am entertaining a run at another when my life is shortened in a sudden duel. Cursing, I give shy resistance to advancing parties on my retreat; my friends have been holding the line. We will trade revives & hope as our fates become less & less certain. This circle isn't safe, but we can't wander far. In one last act of insurance, our bodies huddle together inside the glowing zodiac as the moment comes. Dave steers in just as our light is breached, making me breathe a sigh of relief but then I realize it. I've misunderstood the animation. We didn't get on that trailer. The zone was hot. Dave couldn't risk extraction. We didn't escape. Good try guy.  

29w0Iij.jpg

The turn of events was too sudden, too under my nose to really upset me. Tired eyed, I readied up. Two of the randoms did the same, amazing me. Did we share the same thirst? Yes, they knew that victory had been ours to pocket, but was sneakily stolen in mid gesture. They'd fight the zombies again and take it back. Time be damned. A unfamiliar name enters the lobby; our handiwork on full display. Gives me satisfaction knowing he sees it. Maybe he'd play harder because. The game starts and we synchronously head back west to raise a garden, with the new peashooter falling into line. Defenses planted, I spring up to assume my post on the overpass. The fresh face makes his own way up and emotes at me. A showy, reclining pose. His ascent was much more confident than randoms before. Jaded & anxious, I'm already moving towards a far edge. "I've been here awhile, guy. Get ready. The zombies are coming." 

Well that's the end of my creative retelling. Suffice it to say the peashooter knew the high ground game I was playing, and played it too. Having a partner up there was fun but could also be a deathtrap. So at times I'd descend to give him easier maneuverability and draw fire. During extraction, I was knocked after picking up a teammate and worried I'd have to get there a third time. Having also killed the threat, I was peeved that said teammate scrambled away, but it's a tense bit and his camera was pointed towards his own corpse at the time (reducing his situational awareness), so I could only blame myself for placing faith. Everyone else escaped and the trophy popped. Wasn't the happy ending I wanted; missing out on the coin bonus hurt, and just the idea of dying, but it'd taken a whole afternoon plus to get anyone out. 

Sunflower readied up for the third time that day, and I had to admire the blue check for a few moments before I left. At least I could forget about this now. 

eptK3Tr.jpg

40-silver.pngThe Last Second40-silver.png

Defuse a Gnome Bomb with Less Than 3 Seconds Remaining

55L66777d.png

This trophy proved to be something of a personal conflict for me.

There were many opportunities to force it before I did. I'd be standing in cover behind a ticking gnome, staring down at a recently deceased teammate, who was obviously waiting for pickup and just not have the heart to watch him die. Over & over again. Once up, he'd immediately disarm the bomb. I convinced myself this was okay, that it'd come in due time. Eventually the lobby emptied out and I would wish for a time machine only to travel back and just fuck SOMEBODY over. When I was left alone, I'd try arming a gnome then respawning to the opposite team. However if it wasn't the spawn distance, then it was new players preventing me from disarming my own bomb. I never did get blood on my hands, but I did leave the lobby feeling a little disappointed with myself over this one.

40-silver.pngGarden Tour40-silver.png

Be on the Winning Team for 25 matches of Gardens & Graveyards

21L5962b0.png

Trophy started to feel pretty real after I was ready to see it pop. While tempting to try team-switching in a pinch, it's almost always unjustifiable because every garden can be defended or taken. Getting steamrolled as a plant or stonewalled as a zombie means little until the clock is counting down the very final seconds, and then there's still the possibility of overtime. I can understand the play, but going turncoat and then seeing your old compatriots pull through anyway? I can tell you that feels pretty bad. Having played some long sessions, I can report that never quitting will eventually isolate the lobby, meaning you won't see replacements for dwindling ranks. This leads to one-sided games, until invariably, it's just you and one other guy who will refuse to play defense.  

About the decision to make Garden Warfare number 100

Well it can be boiled down to predicament and convenience. As well as admittedly some anxiety. I was some hours into Death Stranding and believed I was going with that. Then I bought a new TV with the intent of continuing on there, because gosh those visuals. However, I was also in the middle of a move and didn't want to unbox yet, so I quit playing DS all together. Post-move, it was easy to set my old Sony down, so I just went with it. Began cleaning up Detroit: Become Human, and wondered if I shouldn't slot that in. Immersive as heck experience, but I was almost a little too relieved once I'd satisfied the requirements. I'd seen events I didn't want to see and memorized others. So I popped it. Number ninety-nine. New TV still in the box. I scrolled my xmb, stopping on Plants. Hadn't touched it since a day after Garden Ops, five months ago. I could kill some time prepping that plat for an immediate 101st. Problem was when it was ready. Postponement felt like having parked a motorbike on the edge of a cliff and walking away. I kept thinking about my bike. Whether time or circumstance might topple her to the floor. How I'd have to ride up again. If the roads will stay safe.

Anyway, the bike stood lonely for five nights. On the sixth day, I came running back! Vroom! Platinum #100. 

Spoiler

At least it wasn't a Ratalaika Games game...I allowed 36 Fragments to be my #50. Thanks for reading all this. I know it's plenty usual to post milestones in the active, post-yer-whatzit threads but I feel like in there it'd be necessary to hide my story & other details. Why not try to revive this one (again).

Edited by VI_underGROUND
Medium cringe-control on introduction ahead of new post.

• 1 month later...

Milestone: 8,000th Trophy

31L8d60cf.png

Unknown Caller

"Complete Mission 2"

Ladd715.png

Didn't know what would pop, only that it was going to be something from this game I started. Mission 2 is about--

Spoiler

getting a magic phone that lets you watch spooky, noir monologues from a dead G-man.

I appreciate that sorta thing. Anyway, I like this trophy tile and title. Makes me think of Hotline Miami too, so I'm happy.     

Edited by VI_underGROUND
presentation
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm about to get my 99th platinum trophy in the next day or two, I just need to unlock all brain map skills for Scarlet Nexus.

Not too long ago, I thought of getting may 100th platinum trophy reserved to God of War Ragnarok.

I would just like to inquire, as the GoW: Ragnarok will be available in the next 3 weeks, do you guys think it is worth waiting for the game to be the 100th platinum?

I'm just asking as I'm a little intrigued about the game, Toem. I got this as one of the free game last month and upon checking the platinum is very much easy to obtain. Also not to mention a couple of free games (Rogue Explorer, Crisis Wing) for this month for Asia region are also easy in terms of getting the platinum trophy. 

So does the milestone of 100th platinum trophy, for a big AAA game like GoW: Ragnarok worth it? OR just play the other games and have the GoW: Ragnarok platinum be around the 102 or 103 Platinum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...