How do you do Headshots?

Mui-Desu

Okay, so according to the website guide and some Reddit posts (Kinda dated), what counts as a headshot is "Eleminating" the enemy with a shot in the head.
The problem is, I got a challenge asking me to do headshots with a certain weapon, so I used that challenge as to my advantage to see how it's really done and guess what, it doesn't work. (Same for knocked down, but harder to tell) For something as long, difficult and frustrating as doing 500 headshots in a VR game, it's really inconsiderate of the devs to not let us at least check our stats somehow.
So any veteran gamers can confirm? Or is my challenge glitched?
And while we are at it, can challenges be done in private matches? Thanks.

From what I can tell. They DID have a way to track headshots, but for some god awful reason removed it. From what I could gather, they patched out headshots counting on enemies that are in the downed state, so you have to down them with a headshot & then finish them off. I believe you also have to be the one to finish them off for the headshot to count but I haven't confirmed that yet.

Honestly considering not even bothering with this platinum BECAUSE I can't track the headshots. If I could track how much I was at (since it's really hard to tell if you've even got one) I would go for it but until then. Nah

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

From what I can tell. They DID have a way to track headshots, but for some god awful reason removed it. From what I could gather, they patched out headshots counting on enemies that are in the downed state, so you have to down them with a headshot & then finish them off. I believe you also have to be the one to finish them off for the headshot to count but I haven't confirmed that yet.

Honestly considering not even bothering with this platinum BECAUSE I can't track the headshots. If I could track how much I was at (since it's really hard to tell if you've even got one) I would go for it but until then. Nah

Damn...It's gonna be harder then I thought then.. Hope that since they have a lot of new players now thanks to the PSPlus that they can consider us trophy hunters. Maybe if enough players ask them some adjustment they might do something? Mean I hardly think that some game devs give a shit about a guy struggling for a trophy but I really want the plat on this one. :c

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mui-Desu said:

Damn...It's gonna be harder then I thought then.. Hope that since they have a lot of new players now thanks to the PSPlus that they can consider us trophy hunters. Maybe if enough players ask them some adjustment they might do something? Mean I hardly think that some game devs give a shit about a guy struggling for a trophy but I really want the plat on this one. :c

Yeah I feel you, since I was originally going to as well. Then I realized they patched the easy way out & they removed the headshot tracker. I'm glad I realized it early on instead of way late in the game

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Alright so I tried again, this time focusing on the knock down and it worked! And yes if you don't eleminate a target that you shot down it does not count. Good luck to those who will want to go for it!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2020 at 3:38 PM, Mui-Desu said:

Alright so I tried again, this time focusing on the knock down and it worked! And yes if you don't eleminate a target that you shot down it does not count. Good luck to those who will want to go for it!

So kill someone with a headshot, then down them to make it count? I'm starting this tomorrow so it would be fun to play or boost (if possible??) together. Add FfredericC (GMT+1) if you're down for it ?

7 minutes ago, FfredericC said:

So kill someone with a headshot, then down them to make it count? I'm starting this tomorrow so it would be fun to play or boost (if possible??) together. Add FfredericC (GMT+1) if you're down for it 1f44c.png

More like. If you headshot somebody, they get downed. But you still need to 'kill' them in their downed phase to make it count. 

an headshoot count ONLY  from takedown.after that the enemy on ground need to be eliminated,doesnt metter how, even if is eliminated from an ally.a sound cue will tell you when a headshoot takedounw as been scored.WARNING:some weapon are glitched so the headshoot made whit them seems to dont count(like the Classic reg).i have unlocked the 50 headshoot trophy whit the Taylor and the 100 whit the Taylor CQB,so they are safe to use. me and some other player are planning to boost the 500 headshoot.using a double takedown method its possible to do 8 kills in every match.whit a 4 minut cycle we should it 500 headshoot in 33 hours of boosting.contact me if interested

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, abcdefghiImnopqr said:

an headshoot count ONLY  from takedown.after that the enemy on ground need to be eliminated,doesnt metter how, even if is eliminated from an ally.a sound cue will tell you when a headshoot takedounw as been scored.WARNING:some weapon are glitched so the headshoot made whit them seems to dont count(like the Classic reg).i have unlocked the 50 headshoot trophy whit the Taylor and the 100 whit the Taylor CQB,so they are safe to use. me and some other player are planning to boost the 500 headshoot.using a double takedown method its possible to do 8 kills in every match.whit a 4 minut cycle we should it 500 headshoot in 33 hours of boosting.contact me if interested

Can anyone confirm classic reg doesn't count headshots?

17 hours ago, CLANTkarnaj said:

Can anyone confirm classic reg doesn't count headshots?

It does work. The new patch a week ago fixed it retroactively. 

I got 1 headshot with the classic reg k8, and it unlocked the 100th headshot trophy for me. 

• Like 1