PS4 Game Recommendations

joshabug

So I still haven’t gotten a PS4. But if all goes well I should get one by the holiday season (just in time for the PS5 to come out). What are the games I should get as soon as I get the console? I’m focusing more on story driven games, so I’m not interested in games with the majority of trophies being multiplayer. I think I already have the essentials in mind:

God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, Arkham Knight

Well, that really depends on your taste, for example, i'm not a fan of first person shooters.

Story driven games, you could play the ones you have already mentioned (Red dead redemption 2 has few multiplayer trophies). But there are many open world games you could enjoy, like:

Horizon Zero Dawn, The witcher 3, Monster Hunter World, Spider-Man, all of tomb raider games.

Resident Evil is one of my favorite series, and all of them are available for PS4.

Considering the PS5 is very likely to play PS4 games why not get that instead?

On topic, and I'll list for most genres I guess: (bold is what I would definitely recommend)

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, 4: A Thief's End, Lost Legacy

Metro Redux, Exodus

Assassin's Creed series. (everything except the first game is out on the system)

BioShock Collection

Tomb Raider ->Rise of, Shadow of

Dragon Age Inquisition

The Witcher 3

Horizon Zero Dawn

Rogue Galaxy (ps2 game but great)

Wild Arms 3 (another ps2 game but still good)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joshabug said:

So I still haven’t gotten a PS4. But if all goes well I should get one by the holiday season (just in time for the PS5 to come out). What are the games I should get as soon as I get the console? I’m focusing more on story driven games, so I’m not interested in games with the majority of trophies being multiplayer. I think I already have the essentials in mind:

God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, Arkham Knight

I may also suggest Resident Evil 2, Marvel's Spider-Man, The last of us, the trilogy of Darksiders, Sleeping dogs, Destroit: Become Human, the trilogy of Jak and Daxter, also the walking dead (telltale) also have a really nice story.

Most of those games you can easilly find them on sale.

@Avatar_Of_Battle Made a good list, but i won't suggest you to play Dragon Age: Inquisition if you didn't play the others, you aren't gonna understand a lot about the story and what's happening during the game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vega said:

@Avatar_Of_Battle Made a good list, but i won't suggest you to play Dragon Age: Inquisition if you didn't play the others, you aren't gonna understand a lot about the story and what's happening during the game.

I swear I saw one of the games in his list but I guess not.

And tbh I'm not entirely sure you really need to play the first one, but you need to play the DLC for Dragon Age II to fully understand this because even though I played Origins and II I still didn't understand anything until I read that the game keys off an ending to a DLC in II. After knowing that, all the first game really does is give you some slight background knowledge on a couple characters if I remember right. (sorta like how II has almost nothing to do with Origins but playing Origins will give you some slight background info)

• Like 1

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I swear I saw one of the games in his list but I guess not.

And tbh I'm not entirely sure you really need to play the first one, but you need to play the DLC for Dragon Age II to fully understand this because even though I played Origins and II I still didn't understand anything until I read that the game keys off an ending to a DLC in II. After knowing that, all the first game really does is give you some slight background knowledge on a couple characters if I remember right. (sorta like how II has almost nothing to do with Origins but playing Origins will give you some slight background info)

Kinda yes, you have to play DA2 and his DLC but also a tons of characters from Origins appear (expecially 2 important end game characters, 3 if you made a choice in Origins), here's a spoiler list of all recurring characters from DA:O and DA2 ^^

Spoiler

Dagna becomes your Arcanist

Alistair returns if he became the King or a Grey Warden

Loghain returns if he was live at the end of Origins

Anora returns if she became the Queen

Cullen returns regardless of any decisions in the past two games

Leliana returns regardless of any decisions in the past two games

Morrigan returns regardless of any decisions made in the past two games

Worthy returns as part of a war table mission

Cole returns from the novels

Cassandra returns from Dragon Age II

Hawke returns regardless of any decisions from the past two games

Varric returns regardless of any decisions from the past two games

Zevran returns as part of a war table mission if he is not turned over to the crows in Dragon Age II and if he romanced the Warden

The Warden returns as part of a war table mission if they are alive

Connor returns if alive and not possessed

Sketch returns if the Inquisitor sided with the mages

Tallis returns as part of a war table mission and as part of a banter between Bull and Varric
    Flemeth returns regardless of decisions from previous games

Bianca returns from when she was kind of a part of the comics

Sebastian makes an appearance as part of a war table mission

Herren and Wade returns as part of a war table mission after you kill a dragon

The King of Orzamamr returns as part of a war table mission

Charade is part of a Red Jenny war table mission

Maevaris Tilani returns from the comics as part of a war table mission

Arl Teagan (formally Bann Teagan) is part of a war table mission

Aveline is involved in two war table missions and is a character in one of Varric's books

Fiona returns from the Novels as a part of In Hushed Whispers

Rhys and Evangeline from one of the novels return as a part of a war table mission

Celene, Gaspard, and Briala all return from the Masked Empire as a major characters in Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Imshael and Michel De Chevin return in Call Me Imshael, and were originall from Masked Empire

Samson returns from Dragon Age II

Carrol from Origins is a part of a War Table mission and can be found in the Emerald Graves

Riordan, Carver/Bethany (if made Wardens) get their own Grey Warden whiskey bottles

Stround returns if neither Loghain nor Alistair are Wardens

Fergus Cousland comes back in the form of a war table mission

• Like 1

The Witcher III

Red Dead Redemption II 

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Marvel's Spider-Man

Detroit Become Human

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Origins & Odyssey

Fallout 4

Dishonoured Definitive Edition 

Dishonoured 2

Infamous Second Son

Watch_Dogs 2

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Batman: The Telltale Series

Sleeping Dogs

Edited by Feral
Forgot Sleeping Dogs was on PS4
  • Like 1

Not sure if you have genre preferences, but I found these titles/series quite enjoyable:

428 Shibuya Scramble

Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy 

Bloodborne

Death Stranding

Dishonored series

Final Fantasy series (7-10, 12 TZA, 15)

Gravity Rush/2

Judgement

Life Is Strange

NieR Automata

Persona 5

Resident Evil series 

TellTale Games series (forgot if just a few titles are still available)

The Last of Us Remastered 

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Uncharted series

Valkyria Chronicles 

Yakuza series

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

By the time the holidays roll around, these will probably be good considerations too: Cyberpunk 2077, FF 7 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake, The Last of Us 2