Trophy thoughts?

FaithInterlude

On 26.2.2020 at 1:35 AM, JustOneStingray said:

Pool feels so busted. I have played almost all the other games and never before have I consistently missed straight shots when the indicator says it will hit, even missing straight shots on opening breaks. Get ready to pull your hair out.

It's the same as in Yakuza 3 (and 4 I guess), if your shot is too strong (full pull back), your Stick get a horizontal touch and you don't shoot straight. Try it with only pulling the stick the half way back. That's enough for most of the shots. At least Pool is easier, than in Yakuza 3, due to missing Ex-Hard difficulty.

(The hardest one here seems to be the coliseum for especially Akiyama)

91.10% done... the end is in sight

Edited by xXK-oZXx

Man, I'm having so much trouble with slots. No matter what I do, I can't get 777 tokens. I used to the auto but the jackpot always stops it at 300-350 and I did it on lucky day. Any advice for this shit? I want to kill the developers for putting this completely luck based thing here. 

23 hours ago, ARH65512 said:

Man, I'm having so much trouble with slots. No matter what I do, I can't get 777 tokens. I used to the auto but the jackpot always stops it at 300-350 and I did it on lucky day. Any advice for this shit? I want to kill the developers for putting this completely luck based thing here. 

I stuck there too. The Aladin Slots stops EVERY time after 126 spins with a Jackpot (~370 Points). Doesn't matter if lucky day or not  :( Don't know if you can fix this, tried this in Sotenbori and Kamurocho for all Aladin Slots, it's the same for all of them.

After that I'm unable to make any points, stopped at 200.

Last Minigame for me, just Coliseum and Modding remaining.

Edited by xXK-oZXx

Hey, I learned in regards to slots, when you're in Aladdin chance, you can copy the color of the lamps on the right with red (0), yellow (X), and green (square) inputs. For example, here at :55 he gets red, then yellow, then green, which means you press O, X, and square and you'll always get a win.

It's recommended you do it on a lucky day though and on slot 58 at Volcano and it's best you first use the auto token.

Edited by ARH65512
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ARH65512 said:

Hey, I learned in regards to slots, when you're in Aladdin chance, you can copy the color of the lamps on the right with red (0), yellow (X), and green (square) inputs. For example, here at :55 he gets red, then yellow, then green, which means you press O, X, and square and you'll always get a win.

It's recommended you do it on a lucky day though and on slot 58 at Volcano and it's best you first use the auto token.

That hint was gold  (or platinum ^^) :D Got ~740 with the jackpot, few more spins and I got exactly 777. Don't know if more is doable, didn't want to risk that. You're my hero :D

At 98% Completion right now. Just need to finish up fishing and a couple of hostesses. 

I don't think getting the trophies are that hard, like most other Yakuza games. It just takes a LONG TIME, especially with this game. I'm at 125 hours right now lol

• Like 1

Yeah, after finishing I could say, that it's not that hard (well, I had my problems with Slots, but that doesn't require luck nor skills, just the right technique).

Coliseum with Akiyama was the hardest one, Minigames were easy compared to Yakuza 3.

The legend run was easy (just needed to heal myself once, also the golden pistol now does a fair amount of damage). The climax battles weren't that hard (only need some tries, to throw a baseball correct, everything else was 1st try). Amon was typically difficult, but with full health/staminans doable (also there is the option to make it easier after failing too often).

I would rank it a bit harder than 4 or 6, but easier than everything else from the Kiryu Saga. (Regarding Platinum Only)

Edited by xXK-oZXx

• 3 weeks later...

If one can stomach the dozens of time draining (and to me, not exactly enjoyable) minigames then Platinum trophy is easy, but tedious. Hours spent on gulping down worms and eating one dish at a restaurant, killing your fingers sea fishing, pachinko RNG and that godawful colisseum with all characters. Christ. Akiyama and Shinada colisseum was so painful because they're so weak and their gimmicks don't work there at all.

(And honestly, it was the worst game in the series anyway - the story was a mess ?)

• 4 weeks later...