Trophy thoughts

HarvZGames

Looks VERY easy compared to LittleBigPlanet series (thank God there's no "Ace every level" trophy here) but I'm curious about the rank 3 trophies and what that entails. 

Also, it has to be said given the size of people's backlogs, but how many trophies are online only trophies? 

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 2

Does anyone know why one trophy list is called Dreams Universe and the other one is just called Dreams?

The list doesn't seem too "online-heavy", except for maybe:

Blowin' Up!

Reach dreamer level 30

I'm guessing this might be tied to votes from other people.

Edited by SinisterPledge

1 minute ago, SinisterPledge said:

Does anyone know why one trophy list is called Dreams Universe and the other one is just called Dreams?

The list doesn't seem too "online-heavy", except for maybe:

Blowin' Up!

Reach dreamer level 30

I'm guessing this might be tied to votes from other people.

The Universe list is for the JP stack, because they changed the name over there for some unknown reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

If so, would you have to start the game for them to sync?

I don't know if they're retroactive for early access or not, but if they are, you would absolutely have to start the game for them to pop/sync. No game has ever popped trophies without requiring the player to go into the game to pop them (excluding that major PS4-wide glitch that happened a few years ago).

14 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Are any of these retroactive for early access? If so, would you have to start the game for them to sync? I liked the game but if the trophies are really time consuming I may not put on my main profile - I played a few hours back on EA release without thinking ahead! 

From what I remembered with the press release from Media Molecule, all of them are retroactive but the level one specifically will unlock at the next level. Not sure with the rankings on the quest trophies. 

• Like 2

If reaching Dreamer Level 30 relies heavily on other players rating our UGC then looks like where gonna see a lot of P4P levels, I mean, Dream 4 Dream. "D4D", am I right? (this and Mortal Kombat Five Nights At Freddies Picture Room Jeff The Killer Bomb Survival feat. Sans from Undertale is what ruined the LittleBigPlanet community after LBP2 released).

BTW will the story/campaign for this title be playable with 2 or more players locally or online? I'm seeing another prize-bubble trophy and I don't really want to put up with any of those that require other players when I eventually get my hands on this game. I can't be sure about much as I haven't payed much attention to this game recently because it's been years since this was first announced and I grew tired of the wait for a release date.

looks good enough!

thank god there's no stupid trophy asking you to have 100 likes or heart, and most importantly there's no stupid trophy about play freaking 50 dreams with other players online and don't immediately leave or something stupid like that, yeah you can tell i'm still salty about LBP 1 and 2's platinums ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

I don't know if they're retroactive for early access or not, but if they are, you would absolutely have to start the game for them to pop/sync. No game has ever popped trophies without requiring the player to go into the game to pop them (excluding that major PS4-wide glitch that happened a few years ago).

Thanks for clarifying. Might have sounded a stupid question, but on an Xbox One game (can't remember which) they added trophies and I got some retroactive pops even though I never started it after it left early access...may have been a glitch then also. 

It doesn't actually look very hard, but I'd like to know how grindy some of the level trophies are before committing! Would be very easy for me to just play this casually on a backup. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

If it's not too bad I might buy it and dip in and out which will make the lv 30 not so painfful. Hopefully the level things aren't too creator focused and can let us newbies achieve it easily. 

Edited by Nitro
rephrased

16 minutes ago, suXin said:

I was on early access and can say that level 30 isn't too bad: just play the game, other players dreams, truly learn the editor and make something legit - most likely you will get it naturally.

Good news. I suppose if you aren't a good creator you could potentially just keep playing other people's dreams for longer? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Those who were in Early Access should have gotten the full game earlier today ahead of its official Feb 14th release. 

I guess we can hear from them soon about this trophy list =)

Guess, i'll download it later. Large update. Don't know how well the plat will be, but I look forward to a trophy guide. 

If comparing to LBP - there was a drop in platinum difficulty with LBP3 compared to LBP 1, 2 and Vita. This does the same. It doesn't focus so much on grinding, the main goal is to really just get everyone to create... well... everything lol. Still working through it, but it's a very forgiving list compared to what they could've done with it. 

• Like 1

Nothing on this list seems too hard after playing a few hours now. It’s gonna have some serious grind between creating and playing levels. I’m already level 7 though and I’ve only really been doing story mode and dream surfing. 

Definitely going to be easier than Little Big Platinum  

Edited by KSTORM25