Trophy thoughts

HarvZGames

16 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I'm typing this just before my shift in work, and I've left it on sculpt so by all accounts this method should work. It did when I did it manually for Potter. I don't think it'll eat memory because you're just beginning smear but not smearing in the same place. I'll report back, but with any luck, I'll have "Accessorize" when I get home and I'll just do it 2-3 more times for the Plat! 

Just in case anyone else is trying the idle in sculpt mode - the default tool is smear, you need to change it to just stamp a single shape (under the Sculpt tools, it's just to the left of 'smear') before idling so it reads it as placing individual shapes versus "attempting" to smear them. 

10 hours ago, Velvet said:

Just in case anyone else is trying the idle in sculpt mode - the default tool is smear, you need to change it to just stamp a single shape (under the Sculpt tools, it's just to the left of 'smear') before idling so it reads it as placing individual shapes versus "attempting" to smear them. 

I didn't need to do this personally. I just went to sculpt mode, and the default smear option is working for me (as long as you are actively pressing X / using a turbo controller / using remote play. I've gone from Level 16 - 24 in around 10 hours of idling via remote play. Hoping that by the end of the day I'll be at Level 30!

On 2/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, redditon4chan said:

I accidentally brought this game up for half a second when I was logged into my main account and if I get slapped with a trophy list on release I'm glad it doesn't look TOO overbearing. 

You can just delete your games from your trophy list as long as it's still 0%

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

You can use the same script if you need to only press :cross:

but the script says enter down and enter up 

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
^b::
Toggle := !Toggle
loop
{
    If not Toggle
        break
	ControlSend, , {Enter down}, PS4 Remote Play
	Sleep 20
	ControlSend, , {Enter up}, PS4 Remote Play
	Sleep, 1000
}
return

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

Please read the guide fully at least once. When using Remote Play, your keyboard partially acts as a controller and "Enter" key is bound to :cross:

my bad, its because im not familiar with code. i thought enter up just means enter an up input, sorry. 

I've got it placing cubes now, thank you @HusKy:) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

Please read the guide fully at least once. When using Remote Play, your keyboard partially acts as a controller and "Enter" key is bound to :cross:

I can attest this works perfectly fine, just enter sculpt mode and follow the guide. Once you do it once it's easy to replicate. 

Not a problem (at all, its saved me money and I'm super grateful to HusKy) but this method is slower than I imagine a turbo would be. I've gone from Level 16 - 28 in 20 hours of idling (2 overnights and 1 work shift). It does slow up significantly in the 20s. IMO this doesn't matter, just I know some people may wonder if they're doing something. Just do it as you sleep for 2-4 nights in a row and you'll have it! Giving my PS4 a break so it doesn't overheat and I'll be doing the same tonight (I recommend you do the same, my PS4 slim never sounds like an air jet but some have ventilation issues).

30 hours is the absolute quickest you're going to Plat this game, I'd say 40 is more accurate unless your hyper efficient (Dreams is probably the last game you should be 'efficient in' given its nature). 

Edited by PhantomFear94

I think it took about 30h to go from level 20 to level 30 by pressing the note bubble in free form of an instrument.

I tried pressing it every 200ms instead of 2 seconds, but I couldn't see a difference in how fast I would gain XP.

Maybe it would have gone faster if I pressed different buttons instead of the same one all the time.

Sculpt mode with stamp mode setting was also not faster for me.

Beware: piano keys in piano roll mode of an instrument don't work for xp! This only counts for the make some noise trophy.

I used a CronusMax and not the PC tool.

Edited by Kolm

10 hours ago, Kolm said:

I think it took about 30h to go from level 20 to level 30 by pressing the note bubble in free form of an instrument.

I tried pressing it every 200ms instead of 2 seconds, but I couldn't see a difference in how fast I would gain XP.

Maybe it would have gone faster if I pressed different buttons instead of the same one all the time.

Sculpt mode with stamp mode setting was also not faster for me.

Beware: piano keys in piano roll mode of an instrument don't work for xp! This only counts for the make some noise trophy.

I used a CronusMax and not the PC tool.

So does it seem like Record Possession is the fast exp we've found so far? I've been able to let it run for somewhere around 2.5-3 hours before the game crashes. Maybe i'll just use the note bubble method while i'm sleeping so I can still get some sort of exp. Almost level 24 at this point now.

8 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

So does it seem like Record Possession is the fast exp we've found so far? I've been able to let it run for somewhere around 2.5-3 hours before the game crashes. Maybe i'll just use the note bubble method while i'm sleeping so I can still get some sort of exp. Almost level 24 at this point now.

I had that feeling as well, but can't tell for sure as I only used it for the trophy. The game was on whenever I was asleep or at work so I couldn't use the Record Possession.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 0:46 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

For UK users, I found a turbo controller for £25. I think I'm just going to wait until I get paid next week, grab this controller, and let it grind. I want to create something awesome in Dreams anyway so I may stop grinding in the late 20s and do the last few levels organically.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canyon-Wired-Gamepad-for-PS4/dp/B0776YT7K8/ref=asc_df_B0776YT7K8/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310694401667&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17325631958058830553&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045362&hvtargid=pla-696907370627&psc=1 

Did you purchase this controller? Is it any good for the trophies

keep in mind that the AHK script is written for certain timing of the Enter key press for RDR2. For Dreams,  I changed my script to this below and it is stamping rapidly now.

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
^b::
Toggle := !Toggle
loop
{
    If not Toggle
        break
	ControlSend, , {Enter down}, PS4 Remote Play
	Sleep 5
	ControlSend, , {Enter up}, PS4 Remote Play
	Sleep, 100
}