SimonTheDUX

I've created a bot that tracks how long you've played a game

7 posts in this topic

Hi fellow players,

I guess you're like me and you want to know how long it took to finish a game, complete a platinum or how much time you've wasted being a Gold 3 player in Rocket League. Unfortunately there's currently no way to tell. Some games track your time, some don't. Sometimes we get stats from Sony, but mostly we just don't know.

Well... until now :)

I've created a bot that tracks your sessions and how long you've played any game on PS3/4/Vita/TV. It was already posted to /r/ps4 a week ago and works fine!

How it works:
  • Just add "ps-timetracker" to your friendlist. That's it!
    It will take a few minutes to accept the invite, the rest will work automatically
  • It will send you a message through PSN once a day with the time you played

Things you might want to know
  1. You have to be online for it to work. It will not track time while you're playing offline or appearing as offline.
  2. It -obviously- doesn't know how long you've played before you added the bot to your friendlist.
  3. Unfortunately it also tracks suspended games, for example while you're watching Netflix/Prime and a game runs in the background. So far I could not find a way around this - don't hesitate to give me tips or ideas.

If you have feedback, please don't hesitate to to leave it here or via PSN message :)

Have fun playing!

That's interesting. Thxs.

Just curious...I recently added a few new "friends". Could these so and so friends also have some..bot thing and cause my profile or psn messages to go whacko. Cause after adding these..randoms my psn messages started breaking on and off again. I don't know is it because I use the ps app, ps4 messaging and the browsers too to cause unsync issues since I also notice browser always seem to get messages 1st before app and even before ps4 when its actually turned on. Could all just be shitty Sony coincidence.

But would you say a bot is possible to cause issues like this?

Anyways thxs for your time in making this.

Oh and when I say broken I mean I can't send messages and my messaging log is gone but I can see others nessage me in notification.

16 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

and cause my profile or psn messages to go whacko

I don't know the ins and outs of PSN, but I don't know of any incidents like that at the moment. If so, I would only expect one message thread to be broken and not all of them. You should try that on a different PC or to contact Sony

7 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

ps-timetracker doesn't have any trophies! 1f628.png

It's just sitting there, silently watching and judging your stats ;-)

6 minutes ago, siwko1 said:

It's just sitting there, silently watching and judging your stats ;-)

I've seen similar bots that scrape your trophy data and then use them to generate timestamps for other accounts.