TROPHY GUIDE

atAlias_

Update on the PSNP Guide:

Sorry for the wait! It's been a busy week but the guide is around 80% completed. Making a post so that anyone who's interested in helping it get completed quicker can give me some of the information I need to fill in what's left.

The main things left to finish are the collectible trophies (I'm filling in tables for a text walkthrough of each chapter) & perk trophy breakdown - here's the info I need:

vEzHdAr.png

h6QmLUv.png

zVgDPcA.png

Extra stuff:
Do eye shots count toward the '10 headshot kills' trophy?

Do you need a specific sniper rifle for "Every bullet counts"? (3 headshots 1 bullet trophy)

Does the preacher always spawn on Dead Ahead: Chapter 3?  (I've never seen it not spawn in the yellow box near the end, but that might just be crazy RNG)
If any of you found surviving 20 waves to be particularly easy on any of the horde maps I'd also like to know so that we can narrow down what the best map to attempt it on is.

Can you get the 'Escape after surviving 12 waves' horde trophies while playing co-op if your team escapes while you're dead?

Other than that, like I say, it's pretty much done. Thanks to you all for your patience, and special thanks in advance to anyone who can help out (and I'll put a special thanks note to anyone who does manage to help in the guide <3)

Edited by SquidGeneral10
Fixed the image attachments.
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Do eye shots count toward the '10 headshot kills' trophy?

Yes, any shot that passes through the head counts.

10 in a row is nothing though so I wouldn’t stress too much over this detail. This was my very first trophy in the game. On Mission 1, Chapter 1, there are about a dozen zombies on the street you spawn on and you can easily get the trophy there immediately before you move on.

Do you need a specific sniper rifle for "Every bullet counts"? (3 headshots 1 bullet trophy)

Any rifle works. Also a pretty good spot I found for this is on Mission 8, Chapter 4 if you want to test it.

Right at the start you walk into the room with a staircase on both your left and right, you will have to put a relic thing in the middle of the room and activate it:

4iPtbZO.jpg

As soon as you activate it zombies will start flooding the room. If you go to the top of the staircase on the left (with the ammo box) and look straight across the room to the other staircase, a huge number of zombies start walking through the door in a big huddled mass in a line.

If you just aim straight ahead and fire at the zombies heads, there’s a really high chance you’ll get a few triple headshots as there is like a couple dozen zombies all clumped together in single file. Most times I did this chapter I ended up getting one or two triple headshot kill cams in that spot completely by accident. 

If any of you found surviving 20 waves to be particularly easy on any of the horde maps I'd also like to know so that we can narrow down what the best map to attempt it on is.

In my opinion, this is viable on pretty much every map. With a 4 man party on easy, surviving to wave 20 is extremely easy.

But one map that is probably easier than the others is ‘Final Departure’ (free DLC map) due to the fact there’s a high vantage point in the middle where the players can gather and snipe all the zombies from afar, and kill them very easily as they try to come up the stairs which creates a natural bottleneck to clump them up.

Can you get the 'Escape after surviving 12 waves' horde trophies while playing co-op if your team escapes while you're dead?

Yes you can. Having dead players on the team doesn’t matter, as long as all the players who are still alive go to the exit point. 

Edit:

One more small thing - to make the hard mode trophy as easy as possible, you only need to do the final chapter of each mission for it to count.

Also make sure to set the enemy settings to “1-Player” as this massively reduces the amount of zombies and will make it quite a breeze. Hard Mode set to 4-player is actually pretty damn hard if you are playing with a random team that is not well coordinated or using mics!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Ahh thank you so much @dieselmanchild! I can't say for certain when it'll be finished but this is a huge help. <3

No problem. Thanks for making a guide for this one! It’s honestly pretty straightforward, but it sounds like you’re putting enough detail and thought into this that it will make getting the platinum a cinch for many future players. Much appreciated man!

• Like 2

On 20/04/2021 at 7:52 AM, Tijgertje84 said:

@SquidGeneral10, you could also release the guide as you have now (if completing that table is the last thing you need). Then people (its currently the most played game) can already enjoy your work and then there is less pressure getting that table 100% complete which you can update later on.

Nice idea but it’s not as simple as that. The guide team are excellent and will go through the guide with a fine tooth comb before publishing it. 
The guide isn’t visible to the wider site users until it is published which they won’t allow unfinished 

• Like 1