MatThaRiPP3R84

Thoughts on game?

48 posts in this topic

I didn't expect anything to begin with. Until Dawn was already really bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yes this game is not as good as Until Dawn. No supernatural element, no good scares, fairly booring character with a ton of cheesy lines. The platinum was really boring aswell. Still  worth a playthrough if you can get it at the right price. Little Hope looks promising atleast, i really hope we get some witches or anything supernatural tbh. Don't want any serial killers or dangerous chemicals, that just doesn't do it for me anymore.


that might be a good thing for me.  I really enjoyed the first half of Until Dawn much more than the second half.  Once they introduced the supernatural stuff, it went off the rails.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, djb5f said:


that might be a good thing for me.  I really enjoyed the first half of Until Dawn much more than the second half.  Once they introduced the supernatural stuff, it went off the rails.

 

If you enjoyed the first half of Until Dawn more then the second half, chances are high you'll like this game more then Until Dawn. It's not a bad game, it's just not my cup of tea since i prefer supernatural stuff. When Until Dawn unveiled the Wendigo it blew my mind. Wasn't that into it when i thought that Josh was the killer but my interest peaked when i saw wendigos =>

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

 

If you enjoyed the first half of Until Dawn more then the second half, chances are high you'll like this game more then Until Dawn. It's not a bad game, it's just not my cup of tea since i prefer supernatural stuff. When Until Dawn unveiled the Wendigo it blew my mind. Wasn't that into it when i thought that Josh was the killer but my interest peaked when i saw wendigos =>


 

Good stuff.  Yeah thinking about the Uncharted series, the only stages I did not like were the one with the supernatural baddies, just not my thing.
 

 I really enjoyed Until Dawn overall (sounds like it is higher quality than this one which I will play).  But the dialogue and scenes building up were great until the big reveal (still solid after that).  I think the character’s name was Matt or maybe Mike, that dude tripped me up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is meant to be played as a co-op experience right out of the gate. Which is what I did. I turned the lights off, had a few drinks and enjoyed the next 4 hours.  Yes, the game starts slow but it picks up over time. I had a great time knowing my actions were screwing with my buddy and vice versa. We tried to keep everyone alive the 1st playthrough but we ended up killing each other. Had a blast doing it too.

 

What made it really cool is that I discovered this game is based on a true story. You can find the History Channel's version of events on YouTube. Even the real life notes that were left behind made it into the game as collectables which gave me chills. Again, it's not going to be for everyone (especially if you play alone...you're missing out) but I highly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

This game is meant to be played as a co-op experience right out of the gate. Which is what I did. I turned the lights off, had a few drinks and enjoyed the next 4 hours.  Yes, the game starts slow but it picks up over time. I had a great time knowing my actions were screwing with my buddy and vice versa. We tried to keep everyone alive the 1st playthrough but we ended up killing each other. Had a blast doing it too.

 

What made it really cool is that I discovered this game is based on a true story. You can find the History Channel's version of events on YouTube. Even the real life notes that were left behind made it into the game as collectables which gave me chills. Again, it's not going to be for everyone (especially if you play alone...you're missing out) but I highly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.

 

To be fair you can have fun poking sticks at a dogs turd when you are with friends. But yeah i enjoyed the game slightly more when playing coop. Just found it very short, but then again it's not a full priced title and a "episodic" game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently slogging my way through my 6th playthrough, it's... alright as a rental but I'd never have paid full price for this thing. It feels so much slower than Until Dawn, even though it's shorter, and none of the characters grow or change much at all, it isn't scary either.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, the disdain and spite emanating from this post is amusing.  I am glad you enjoyed the game though :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna have to use "boring suckage" in arguments more often. Thanks!

 

I enjoyed Until Dawn in a 'so bad it's good' kind of way. I never finished Hidden Agenda because I found it boring. I haven't touched Man of Medan for mainly the same reason, and likely won't unless it's free for some reason.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the game only had 1 character I regularly tried to kill because she's just so horrible but I think she was designed that way but seriously she invoked a murder lust

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fun lovage"? Sorry not as funny as "boring suckage". 😆

 

EDIT: You could of used the opposite "Exciting Blowage" but I guess that wouldn't of made your point.

Anyway I'm just stirring at this point. I haven't even played the game.

Edited by reiner-
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that merge ended up a little funky. LOL :P 

 

People are allowed to have negative opinions on games and people are allowed to disagree, but let's do it in one thread. No need to make a separate thread if you disagree!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, that merge ended up a little funky. LOL :P 

 

People are allowed to have negative opinions on games and people are allowed to disagree, but let's do it in one thread. No need to make a separate thread if you disagree!

 

Haha. 

Now I'm confused. Is this game "Boring Suckage" or "Fun Lovage"? Boring Lovage??? Fun Suckage???

Edited by reiner-
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reiner- said:

 

Haha. 

Now I'm confused. Is this game "Boring Suckage" or "Fun Lovage"? Boring Lovage???

I changed the title so it's up to you! xD

 

Kind of just wanted to leave it as is! 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, reiner- said:

"Fun lovage"? Sorry not as funny as "boring suckage". 1f606.png

 

EDIT: You could of used the opposite "Exciting Blowage" but I guess that wouldn't of made your point.

Anyway I'm just stirring at this point. I haven't even played the game.

 

That would have been better 😀

35 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, that merge ended up a little funky. LOL :P 

 

People are allowed to have negative opinions on games and people are allowed to disagree, but let's do it in one thread. No need to make a separate thread if you disagree!

 

Fair enough 😘

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 8:11 PM, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

I'm gonna have to use "boring suckage" in arguments more often. Thanks!

 

I enjoyed Until Dawn in a 'so bad it's good' kind of way. I never finished Hidden Agenda because I found it boring. I haven't touched Man of Medan for mainly the same reason, and likely won't unless it's free for some reason.

There's actually a really cool feature that allows people to be invited to the coop mode without even needing to own a copy of the game, so you can effectively enjoy the story for free if you can find someone willing to invite you (I'd be happy to if our timezones match up, I need the mp trophy myself.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alos88 said:

There's actually a really cool feature that allows people to be invited to the coop mode without even needing to own a copy of the game, so you can effectively enjoy the story for free if you can find someone willing to invite you (I'd be happy to if our timezones match up, I need the mp trophy myself.)

No. I hardly have enough time anymore to play games I enjoy, much less games I don't care about. If you need the MP trophy then you'll get far better results by making a boosting session.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

No. I hardly have enough time anymore to play games I enjoy, much less games I don't care about. If you need the MP trophy then you'll get far better results by making a boosting session.

First off- weirdly hostile response. Secondly, if you're going to say something like " likely won't unless it's free for some reason." when you clearly never wanted to play it at all, maybe you should have been honest with yourself from the start.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

First off- weirdly hostile response. Secondly, if you're going to say something like " likely won't unless it's free for some reason." when you clearly never wanted to play it at all, maybe you should have been honest with yourself from the start.

Firstly, if a direct and honest response is your idea of 'hostile' then I recommend you rethink how you interact with people. Secondly, I changed my mind. I realised that I in fact do not care. Do not attempt to misrepresent that as hypocrisy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Firstly, if a direct and honest response is your idea of 'hostile' then I recommend you rethink how you interact with people. Secondly, I changed my mind. I realised that I in fact do not care. Do not attempt to misrepresent that as hypocrisy.

There's a difference between being direct and being curt, and apparently the more I talk with you the more I realize rudeness is your default tone.

Edited by Alos88
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 2:56 PM, reiner- said:

 

Haha. 

Now I'm confused. Is this game "Boring Suckage" or "Fun Lovage"? Boring Lovage??? Fun Suckage???

 

I actually like "fun suckage" as the best description for this game. The game definitely sucks on a couple of fronts. Some of the QTE's are just bad (like early days of QTEs bad with the timing) and it goes awhile without any story at times, which makes it a little boring at parts, but I'm still having fun with it.

 

I'm almost done with my second playthrough that's mostly for fun. The boring parts aren't bad now that I know what I'm doing. My husband and I did the co-op last night on my profile for the first playthrough. He knowingly killed Julia by having her drink the beer after not decompressing properly. We actually didn't know it was going to wait until the very end to kill her, so I got hopeful I was getting the trophy for only the girls surviving. Nope, lol.

 

I didn't expect it to be scary. Most horror movies and games don't get to me, so I never expect much from any of them on that front. The pacing isn't much different than a lot of the Telltale games I've played. I haven't gotten around to playing Until Dawn yet, so I can't really compare the two. I'm looking at another three or four playthroughs, but it's a quick game. I don't mind. It's giving me a bit of a break from the more in depth games I've been playing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was quite enjoyable but I expected more and I feel like they could’ve made this a lot better.

 

The controls are wacky as in the character don’t go where you’re controlling them to. You would control them to the right, they spin first then go to the right. You try to walk through a door, they stop in front of the door. This can get a bit annoying.

 

I didn’t like how the characters are adults but act like teenagers. They still joke around when obviously they’re stuck in a dangerous place. Looked like “edgy and want to be funny” writing and it failed.

 

The game is way too short but I guess what else is there to do on a boat? There weren’t many encounters with the kidnappers nor with the hallucinations either.

 

Oh... and its too easy to get off the boat with everyone alive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.