On sale 2$ in the US Store

Are the DLC trophies free updates or how much do we need to pay to get those?

Edit: just saw one of the trophies specifically says it requires 8 players. I thought this game could be solo'd even though it's an MMO. Since that's not the case this will probably be a pass from me.

Edited by Milktastrophe

4 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Are the DLC trophies free updates or how much do we need to pay to get those?

Edit: just saw one of the trophies specifically says it requires 8 players. I thought this game could be solo'd even though it's an MMO. Since that's not the case this will probably be a pass from me.

The trophy DLCs were all patched in for free :).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

How much is the DLC I would need for 100%?

For the base game and Year 1 content you would only have to buy the base game.  All of the Year 1 content was free.  That would get you 100% until March 3rd.

If they add trophies to the expansion, then you would need to buy the expansion for $30.  The story content looks really light.  There are 5 main missions and 8 side missions.  The rest of Year 2 looks to revolve around 12 week seasons.  It's pretty much the exact model that Destiny 2 has been using since Shadowkeep.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SirShavesALot said:

For the base game and Year 1 content you would only have to buy the base game.  All of the Year 1 content was free.  That would get you 100% until March 3rd.

If they add trophies to the expansion, then you would need to buy the expansion for $30.  The story content looks really light.  There are 5 main missions and 8 side missions.  The rest of Year 2 looks to revolve around 12 week seasons.  It's pretty much the exact model that Destiny 2 has been using since Shadowkeep.

Thanks. I never played the first one, do they typically add DLC trophies behind paid DLC?

I have played both Div1 and Div2 and really enjoyed them. My suggestion is at that price you can afford to try this game and make your own edumacated decision if its good or not. P.S. I have the disc copy and just bought this too so I can play without the hassle of swapping discs. :eyebrow:

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Thanks. I never played the first one, do they typically add DLC trophies behind paid DLC?

With DIv 1 they had a paid season pass for the 1st year that had 3 DLCs with trophies (Underground, Survival, and Last Stand).  They continued to add content in the second year but no trophies were added.  This is very different from how they handled the first game.  This time around all of the Year 1 DLC was free and they are charging for the Year 2 content.  I can see them adding trophies that relate to the expansion itself as it seems to be all story driven, however, I can't see them adding trophies that correspond to the different seasons.  The only other trophy I can see them adding in for free would be for the 2nd raid, which is due a little later this year.

Honestly, for $2.99 I would give the base game a shot, even if it's on an alt account.  It really is a steal for the game.  The game had a strong launch and the progress to level 30 and getting through the story is actually pretty fun.  It fell apart at the endgame.  With Loot 2.0 and the RPG overhaul coming it looks like they are moving in the right direction.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

I have played both Div1 and Div2 and really enjoyed them. My suggestion is at that price you can afford to try this game and make your own edumacated decision if its good or not. P.S. I have the disc copy and just bought this too so I can play without the hassle of swapping discs. :eyebrow:

How ironic you misspelled educated whilst trying to enlighten people

Edited by BlakkVulture2K16

Looks like the year 2 DLC will be adding trophies. From what I can tell that will be $30 when it launches. I personally think it's worth it.

As a note, the experience is much better with a couple of friends. Doing it solo can be frustrating. In multiplayer, you friend can revive you. If you screw up in single player, the mission fails and you go back to the last checkpoint. Also, another person gives the enemies another target, instead of having everyone always focused on just you which lowers the overall difficulty too.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

That is the Raid. It requires 8 players because it's 5 bosses (and some puzzles). It's a lot of fun and laughs! The trophy is easy to do in Discovery mode (everyone is new and learning what to do). It's not just shooting NPCs, there's more to it. If everyone dies, it resets the current boss. This let's you regroup and come up with a different strategy for that boss. First time took an hour to complete... damn robot dogs lol

I was on the fence about this game (and Division 1). I tried it out in December and couldn't put it down. I was on a hiatus from Ubisoft. Come to find out it's a great series! Fun gameplay, lots of secrets, lots to do. I 100% (gotta do it again) and still can't get enough. This game is easily worth the full price.

Please note March 3rd, the gear game is changing! Right now, you can hit Elite NPCs like a truck with certain builds. You can also throw pokeballs that kill everything, constantly. We don't know if this will still be possible with the coming update. xD

Also, on March 3rd: A huge expansion ($30) is coming. I would expect more trophies because this is another open-world set in New York, with Warlords to find and take down. Not only is it more story, but they also have more plans to continue the life of this game.

The best time to jump in is now!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

That is the Raid. It requires 8 players because it's 5 bosses (and some puzzles). It's a lot of fun and laughs! The trophy is easy to do in Discovery mode (everyone is new and learning what to do). It's not just shooting NPCs, there's more to it. If everyone dies, it resets the current boss. This let's you regroup and come up with a different strategy for that boss. First time took an hour to complete... damn robot dogs lol

I was on the fence about this game (and Division 1). I tried it out in December and couldn't put it down. I was on a hiatus from Ubisoft. Come to find out it's a great series! Fun gameplay, lots of secrets, lots to do. I 100% (gotta do it again) and still can't get enough. This game is easily worth the full price.

I have to get back to Div2 and finish it up. Just picked up Dark Souls again last night though so maybe after that.

Always been curious to try joining a Raid as it sounds pretty fun. Is it similar to knocking off 5 bounty missions all at the same time?

Not at all. You have to interact with things and use communication.

I found myself yelling:

Boomer on my tail!

Cover! Cover! ......Damnit Lucy!

Circles in 3-2-1- jump in.

Shoot the chonker in the a**!

Lucy is a robot dog, who fires a turret in all directions. If you get hit by it, you're dead. xD

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Dropping this here just in case for new players.

Now's your chance to get some one on one time with a veteran agent! Get on the fast track, get trophies, get rewarded!

Thanks for the info, how big is the file size on Ps4? I'm definitely gonna buy it, but I need to see if I need to clear up any games before doing so.