Is the first game easier?

13 hours ago, IrishAndrew91 said:

Why do you have to do all levels on hard? That doesn't make sense. 

I was also wondering the same thing. I can see where there is a setting for Normal and Hard but there is no way to select the difficulty. I think a few of the trophies are tied to difficulty but not being able to play on Normal otherwise looks like an issue the dev needs to address?

I just emailed them to ask about the difficulty settings. Hopefully we'll hear back from them.

Just heard back from the developer and they were very nice. The game will default to the difficulty level of the previously played puzzle. I had deleted and reinstalled my game becus I was also having issues with trophies not showing up in my psn activity feed. I can now change difficulty and trophies are showing. 

I hope that helps?

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni
added more to comment...again
  • Like 1

Actually, you press triangle to change difficulties.  I just cleared the last of the stages on hard earning the plat.  Not going to lie, some of the levels were indeed frustrating, but the level of satisfaction you feel on completion of a level counters that.  I will certainly patronize the developer's future projects.  Also, the completed glassed stained portraits were quite lovely.

On 2/13/2020 at 0:02 AM, IrishAndrew91 said:

Why do you have to do all levels on hard? That doesn't make sense. 

If you're not interested in the platinum trophy, then it's entirely unnecessary to play the game on hard.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, IrishAndrew91 said:

I expected it like the first game where the puzzle pieces fit right the first time. I am not going to argue with someone online but even you place the right piece it somehow doesn't fit till 30 minutes later.

Look up a guide skrub. If you're whining purely because "hard puzzle is hard" then look up a guide and stop complaining. EZ Fix

15 hours ago, IrishAndrew91 said:

I expected it like the first game where the puzzle pieces fit right the first time. I am not going to argue with someone online but even you place the right piece it somehow doesn't fit till 30 minutes later.

I didn't have any issues playing the game on hard.  Please bear in mind that the pieces rotate at specific angular increments, which reduces the difficulty somewhat.  While I did have issues with some of the harder puzzles, one thing I did was find the pieces on normal, place them in the correct spot and then find the corresponding piece on hard.  The game on hard isn't that difficult and the additional challenge of hard mode made clearing the puzzles more satisfying.

I honestly don't get your complaint.  It's a puzzle game.  Moreover, making the platinum trophy more challenging to earn adds a sense of pride to earning it absent in the original game.  If it took you 30 minutes to place a piece, you're probably doing something wrong.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Indeed.  I don't understand the problem IrishAndrew91 is having.

Just look at his profile. I think he's just upset he has to put time and effort into something. 

Game works perfectly. All trophies pop fine, no glitches or crashes, the puzzles save even when you exit. There's no issues with it.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

Super late to the party on this but it's way harder than the first imo.

I think a lot of that difficultly though comes from how bigger definitely isn't always better, specifically in this instance meaning that the whole way through I found the puzzles to be an abysmal mess visually because they seemed to try to add far more detail but due to the format meant that lots blended together into something that was about as clear as a group of clowns having an orgy with a disco light show going on.

I did find as well that at times it was pretty tricky to see where the boundaries were for fitting all the tiny details together and unfortunately the only way to complete the puzzles was to look and spot which little details would match.

If someone is at all visually impaired this is absolutely one to avoid.

It's a shame, I loved the first but would definitely be wary of picking up any future one.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
On 15/09/2020 at 10:15 PM, VladimirKal said:

Super late to the party on this but it's way harder than the first imo.

I think a lot of that difficultly though comes from how bigger definitely isn't always better, specifically in this instance meaning that the whole way through I found the puzzles to be an abysmal mess visually because they seemed to try to add far more detail but due to the format meant that lots blended together into something that was about as clear as a group of clowns having an orgy with a disco light show going on.

I did find as well that at times it was pretty tricky to see where the boundaries were for fitting all the tiny details together and unfortunately the only way to complete the puzzles was to look and spot which little details would match.

If someone is at all visually impaired this is absolutely one to avoid.

It's a shame, I loved the first but would definitely be wary of picking up any future one.

That's what I came to say more or less. It's a shame they didn't build on the first one and just went yolo on this one. I mean, now it's just a bunch of colours added together trying to make something out of it. Some of them do turn up beautiful but the rest is just meh...

What I liked about the first one is that you could do it on the go, without looking any guide or anything, because you'd have the outer shape (which for some reason on the 2nd they all circles...) and you'd have some patterns that would help you out. 

In this one, if you don't have the picture next to you, nice wasting a couple of hours for each. A solution for that would have been to have a small version of the completed puzzle somewhere or have the puzzle pieces on the top side so you can see all of them at once.

Wasn't as much of an enjoyment as the first one

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, Rejim said:

That's what I came to say more or less. It's a shame they didn't build on the first one and just went yolo on this one. I mean, now it's just a bunch of colours added together trying to make something out of it. Some of them do turn up beautiful but the rest is just meh...

What I liked about the first one is that you could do it on the go, without looking any guide or anything, because you'd have the outer shape (which for some reason on the 2nd they all circles...) and you'd have some patterns that would help you out. 

In this one, if you don't have the picture next to you, nice wasting a couple of hours for each. A solution for that would have been to have a small version of the completed puzzle somewhere or have the puzzle pieces on the top side so you can see all of them at once.

Wasn't as much of an enjoyment as the first one

I totally agree with this ?