Galapagos is HAUNTING me.

ashleyghudson

I want to say to try and find planets with exotic biomes, these typically only have one species of fauna to scan. I don't know, I got the Galapagos trophy the long way. https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Biome_-_Exotic

The article will tell you the easiest way to find exotic biomes from space through the planet's scan data. Red stars have the highest chance of having exotic planets, but I've found them at yellow stars also.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

You can do it very easily on version 1.00 because you only have to upload 60 discoveries instead of having to 100% discover 10 planets. You can get it much more quickly if you unpatch the game but beware of game-breaking bugs. 

Also make sure you do every other trophy before switching back to version 1.00 because it can corrupt your current save file.

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I want to say to try and find planets with exotic biomes, these typically only have one species of fauna to scan. I don't know, I got the Galapagos trophy the long way. https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Biome_-_Exotic

The article will tell you the easiest way to find exotic biomes from space through the planet's scan data. Red stars have the highest chance of having exotic planets, but I've found them at yellow stars also.

This^

You can mop up all 10 creatures in an hour by using the exotic planets, because each one only has a single creature for you to find and scan :).

11 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

You can do it very easily on version 1.00 because you only have to upload 60 discoveries instead of having to 100% discover 10 planets. You can get it much more quickly if you unpatch the game but beware of game-breaking bugs. 

That trick only works if you have the either the original retail release or use the digital downgrade trick, because the Beyond re-release has the 2.01 patch hardcoded onto the disc so no downgrade is possible. Also note that if you downgrade after starting the game, you will have to start over entirely from scratch - because your saves won't be recognised by the 1.0 version of the game. In the long run, it's faster, quicker and safer to just play patched and look for the Exotic planets.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I wouldn't recommend downgrading to 1.00. Exotic biomes aren't terribly rare, I've found two planets with them in one system at least three times since I've started playing again recently.

This^

I've been in several systems that have 3 or even 4 Exotic Planets but even solo planets aren't hard to find if you know where to look :).

You can backup your saves on the cloud and then delete them locally before downgrading. You won’t lose any progress because when you patch the game again you can just copy your saves back from the cloud. Yes you start over from scratch when you downgrade but you only need 60 discoveries in total so it really doesn’t take very long. 

Just got Galapagos myself a few minutes ago. I followed the advice mentioned above and warped to Red systems to look for exotic planets.

I got lucky in one system - landed on a planet that only had 5 fauna, and found all 5 within about 10 minutes. Otherwise, just jumped and jumped until I found the exotic planets with only 1 fauna to find. 

I needed 6 full planet scans to get the trophy, and had them all within about 1h30m or so. 

Don’t forget to do the online upload once you’ve scanned all of them - the milestone isn’t recognized until you do that. The upload option is at the top of the fauna list, it will say something like “upload all fauna for *** nanites”. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...