Considering starting over with a new account. Has anyone else here ever done the same?

DieHardDavidN

When I started a new account last year, I didn't know that cloud backup only works on the account with active PS+. Once I decided to make my new account my main one, I also bought the PS+ on it, and the PS+ on my old account actually expires in a couple of weeks. That makes me a bit sad as I will lose access to hundreds of PS+ games on that account (8 years' worth of PS+ games). In the end, I don't care so much as I hardly play anyway these days and still have lots of games I bought, but for those who are considering a new account, keep it in mind.

I have never considered a new account, and don't think I ever would. For better or for worse, my account is a record of my gaming history.  From my first trophy on the ps3, which I still need to go back to for the plat, to my most recent ps+ title I tried out for giggles. I can never achieve 100%, but even if it was possible, I wouldn't. There are titles I've played that either i didn't like enough to even finish, or can't be bothered due to time, multiplayer, or overpriced DLC, to get the plat/100%. 

If you don't love the EZPZ games on your profile, my advice is just start playing good games. Those cheap plats will slide down your list real fast, and anyone digging that deep in your list for a reason to dislile your profile will always find something.

That being said, if you are actively less happy because of your profile, and think a new one would help, go for it. Just ask yourself first, how likely are you to end up in this same situation in a couple of years?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparklebun1996 said:

Could you not have appealed the 2nd one?

First of all NOPE, not with 100 hacked plats some asshole left on my account lol

Secondly: the account lost any value to myself, which is more important to me. I go for 100% for myself, not for a showcase :P

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 1