Can The Reviews On YouTube Be Trusted?

MrTacoNinja

I never watch reviews from YouTube reviewers who are always getting free game codes from the developers because I just don't trust a damn thing they say (for obvious reasons). Sadly this is the norm nowadays and I'm noticing that it's difficult to find a review from someone who doesn't get free game codes which leads me to just saying "fuck it" and watching them all anyway even though I hate to.

Reviewers are praising this game like it's the best thing ever so I want to know what others on here think? Some parts of this game sound very frustrating though, not gonna lie. 

You do understand that most big review outlets also get free codes right?  There are very few reviewers out there that I have seen that make it a point to put their money on the games they review.  ACG is one of them, and I enjoy his reviews.  Don't think he has reviewed this game though.

Well, why dont you find someone who make reviews that have the same taste as you. Take some games you love, some you think is ok and some you think is bad and check for one that match you. After that you can probably trust that person. 

And the developers usually dont demand anything, that would backfire kind quickly

Thanks everyone for being civil, I appreciate that very much. Honestly I do. I want no arguments within threads I create and for some reason there's always that one asshole (or 2) that comes along and starts shit. So anyway, has anyone played this game? If so how is it? Is it really as good as all these reviewers claim?

• 10 months later...
On 14/02/2020 at 11:44 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Thanks everyone for being civil, I appreciate that very much. Honestly I do. I want no arguments within threads I create and for some reason there's always that one asshole (or 2) that comes along and starts shit. So anyway, has anyone played this game? If so how is it? Is it really as good as all these reviewers claim?

there are plenty of reviewers who are honest in spite of receiving freebies. And will flat out call out shady practices as they happen, but generally it's better to find a personality you resonate with, skillup is good but he's a bit whiny, and sulks about short games taking too long, but free review codes or not he won't let devs get away with it.

angry joe is a bit of a bitch, he talks big when he's saying something he thinks his community wants to hear above all else, but I can still respect his opinions and agree from time to time. ultimately reviewers are just people so if you can relate to how a game makes them feel when explaining the pros and cons you get a good idea as to whether or not yo'll like it, I mean judging by your profile your no stranger to games lol, you would definitely know what you like or not, or which mechanics you prefer to have even if they are punishing etc.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...