Patch 1.04 is Live

MRgreen55

Also will state this Rebellion is a class act company.  they take pride in their work unlike some of these money hungry AAA developers.  Never doubted they would come up with a quick fix for this trophy.  Their games are pretty glitch and bug free as compared to many of the larger developers.   Compare Zombie Army 4 to Breakpoint or some of the other disasters that came out this past year and ask yourself how Rebellion can do so much of a better job.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Also will state this Rebellion is a class act company.  they take pride in their work unlike some of these money hungry AAA developers.  Never doubted they would come up with a quick fix for this trophy.  Their games are pretty glitch and bug free as compared to many of the larger developers.   Compare Zombie Army 4 to Breakpoint or some of the other disasters that came out this past year and ask yourself how Rebellion can do so much of a better job.  

Could not agree more

9 hours ago, Helyx said:

Never played ZA, but this patch certainly nudges me towards trying ZA4. Thanks for the heads up.

I hadn't played the other ZA games either but I gave this one a chance and enjoyed it. I found Left 4 Dead to be boring solo but this game is much better for a solo player than that one in my opinion.  

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I suppose I can forgive Rebellion for Shellshock 2...

I'm assuming they didn't nerf any of the XP grinding methods with this patch. Still have to get to 100...

Edited by Killbomb

56 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

I hadn't played the other ZA games either but I gave this one a chance and enjoyed it. I found Left 4 Dead to be boring solo but this game is much better for a solo player than that one in my opinion.  

I suppose I can forgive Rebellion for Shellshock 2...

I'm assuming they didn't nerf any of the XP grinding methods with this patch. Still have to get to 100...

Unfortunately they nerfed the method where you go into Horde and kill yourself to get 3000XP every 30-60 seconds, they dropped it to 500XP.

4 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Unfortunately they nerfed the method where you go into Horde and kill yourself to get 3000XP every 30-60 seconds, they dropped it to 500XP.

That method wasn't working for me anyway. I was killing the first batch of zombies that fall over the wall in Into the Darkness for the 6000 score then killing myself for 3000 XP. 

31 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

That method wasn't working for me anyway. I was killing the first batch of zombies that fall over the wall in Into the Darkness for the 6000 score then killing myself for 3000 XP. 

That was your issue, you were killing zombies. lmfao you simply needed to shoot the explosives in "The Bitter End" to just outright kill yourself and bam, 3000XP for doing nothing.

At least you can still farm the first chapter of the first campaign level. Despite it taking triple the time for a little less XP, still better than nothing I suppose.

It's actually funny, I tried unpatching the game (Delete the game and reinstall disc without updating), and on 1.00, you don't even get XP for just dying. So that was patched into the game in the first place.

Also, on 1.00, there was apparently an Extreme Difficulty after Hard that removes the HUD? Along with an Elite (5 player?) Zombie setting. I wonder why those were removed.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
add more

2 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

That was your issue, you were killing zombies. lmfao you simply needed to shoot the explosives in "The Bitter End" to just outright kill yourself and bam, 3000XP for doing nothing.

At least you can still farm the first chapter of the first campaign level. Despite it taking triple the time for a little less XP, still better than nothing I suppose.

It's actually funny, I tried unpatching the game (Delete the game and reinstall disc without updating), and on 1.00, you don't even get XP for just dying. So that was patched into the game in the first place.

Also, on 1.00, there was apparently an Extreme Difficulty after Hard that removes the HUD? Along with an Elite (5 player?) Zombie setting. I wonder why those were removed.

On 1.00, you have to kill ONE zombie apparently, then kill yourself. You then get 5000xp instead of 3000xp on 1.03 xD

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

On 1.00, you have to kill ONE zombie apparently, then kill yourself. You then get 5000xp instead of 3000xp on 1.03 xD

Oh my... so that one is still worth doing from the 1.00 provided you have the disc

15 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I'm not saying they are bad but their games are very much AA. Not to say they are not fun!

But they come with quite a few glitches and bugs, to claim otherwise is wrong. ZA3 was my first from the ZA games that I got on PS+ for free - so long after release and there were still plenty of glitches and bugs present (including bugged trophies). Strange Brigade also had some issues along those lines.

Again, not to say the games are bad, unpolished or a bugfest - however throwing them in the pitch with handpicked terrible AAA devs is unfair. (Bethesda, EA, UBI..)

They are very fun to play co-op and are a consistently solid AA experience for €40 for what they are and there will always be a place for them.

If I might put forward an example that would be Namco Bandai/Project Aces. In my ~100 hours on 1.00 the game was perfect, polished and completely bug/glitch/AIscript/trophyerror free from 0-100% SP and MP.

6 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Yeah, I tried that several times and got no xp on 1.03. Tried a couple other Horde levels, went back and still nothing. Decided to just go with the other method that I mentioned instead. 

Just now, Killbomb said:

Yeah, I tried that several times and got no xp on 1.03. Tried a couple other Horde levels, went back and still nothing. Decided to just go with the other method that I mentioned instead. 

Apparently restarting ur game can get it working also...

8 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Oh my... so that one is still worth doing from the 1.00 provided you have the disc

I'm not saying they are bad but their games are very much AA. Not to say they are not fun!

But they come with quite a few glitches and bugs, to claim otherwise is wrong. ZA3 was my first from the ZA games that I got on PS+ for free - so long after release and there were still plenty of glitches and bugs present (including bugged trophies). Strange Brigade also had some issues along those lines.

Again, not to say the games are bad, unpolished or a bugfest - however throwing them in the pitch with handpicked terrible AAA devs is unfair. (Bethesda, EA, UBI..)

They are very fun to play co-op and are a consistently solid AA experience for €40 for what they are and there will always be a place for them.

If I might put forward an example that would be Namco Bandai/Project Aces. In my ~100 hours on 1.00 the game was perfect, polished and completely bug/glitch/AIscript/trophyerror free from 0-100% SP and MP.

not saying they have no bugs. saying how is it this AA company can put out better day 1 work than AAA companies like ubisoft  and fix their problems quicker.  You're trying to compare to the most polished game you have played where as i'm speaking "In general".  some people just like to argue.

Edited by steel6burgh

To anyone wondering about the double tap trophy, obviously it's fixed and you can do it from the last chapter but I did the trophy just now with a buddy and we set the amount of zombies to 1 player and still got the trophy to pop. Personally I thought that would void the trophy but it doesn't.