Can comrades be done 100% offline?

kanzenchaos

Unless you use the patch downgrade exploit, the DLC version of Comrades is inaccessible due to the 1.27 patch replacing it with an ad for the standalone version :(. I don't know how many trophies can be done offline but I believe there's at least 1 which is unobtainable because of the aforementioned dick move by the devs a year or 2 back :(.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless you use the patch downgrade exploit, the DLC version of Comrades is inaccessible due to the 1.27 patch replacing it with an ad for the standalone version :(. I don't know how many trophies can be done offline but I believe there's at least 1 which is unobtainable because of the aforementioned dick move by the devs a year or 2 back :(.

I mean with the downgrade method. What I want to know is if you can play the DLC while disconnected from the internet entirely, or if I need to be online to play it. If the latter is true, then there is a risk that the DLC version of comrades might become unobtainable in the future.

4 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I mean with the downgrade method. What I want to know is if you can play the DLC while disconnected from the internet entirely, or if I need to be online to play it. If the latter is true, then there is a risk that the DLC version of comrades might become unobtainable in the future.

While really rough yes the mainline comrades can be done offline it's just really hard

The stand alone I think might can also be done offline but I'd pack it into the next to impossible catagory along with the old white knight games just for 2 of the boss fights 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

While really rough yes the mainline comrades can be done offline it's just really hard

The stand alone I think might can also be done offline but I'd pack it into the next to impossible catagory along with the old white knight games just for 2 of the boss fights 

I've read a few users in the forum saying how hard it is, but I was actually worried that there was a chance they could become 100% unobtainable in the future. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Yes, Comrades Maingame and Standalone can be done offline 100%. Just use a guide like this one: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190 and for real start reading from the SETUP chapter onwards.

For the Standalone: If your character is very good prepared then both DLC boss fights can be done solo. For both fights my character was geared like in this example and i did beat both fights with some exercise.

Just don't try both fights with an underwhelming equipped character and don't try them with other players because most are joining with shitty equipment.

Thanks! I'll be saving that page in my bookmarks for when I get around to it.

For the Comrades in main game, the hardest part was the final boss and that fight couldn't be done with real players anyway. Only with AI.

Also i was under the impression that when you downgrade, you have to play offline or the game will force you to update to the latest patch.But that's a guess, i don't know exactly how the method works

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

For the Comrades in main game, the hardest part was the final boss and that fight couldn't be done with real players anyway. Only with AI.

Also i was under the impression that when you downgrade, you have to play offline or the game will force you to update to the latest patch.But that's a guess, i don't know exactly how the method works

Not really since you can pause the download and the game will never update as long as your PS4 doesn't ever go in rest mode. Also I've read from some user that filling your HDD works as well.

1 hour ago, Geridian said:

Just don't try both fights with an underwhelming equipped character and don't try them with other players because most are joining with shitty equipment.

The exception to this is if you get matched with Gio, assuming he still plays. That guy is insanely good. If I remember right, for my Ardyne and Ravus (sp? can't be bothered to check) he didn't take any damage and completely the mopped the floor with the bosses in a matter of minutes. I don't know what build he uses, but I don't think it was the dragon whisker one that most people recommend. Normal people should just do the dragon whisker build you linked because it's really good and easy enough to get.

The Kenny Crow fight is a lot easier since his attacks are so exaggerated. Anyone who follows the dragon whisker build should have no problem soloing him.

• Like 1

Completed the DLCs solo/offline not too long ago using a non-Laser Sensor Dragon Whisker/Clarity Shield/Dancing Daggers/Imperial Blades build loosely based on the one from the GameFAQs gulde. Cut a few material corners for speed, but still didn't have much problem getting through the storyline, though final Ifrit fight was cutting it a bit close - which I was fine with, since it was a decent challenge and a suitably epic finisher - dropped him on last shreds of HP, with all AIs dead. Took about 40 hours.

Don't think I'm going to bother with standalone though.

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

The exception to this is if you get matched with Gio, assuming he still plays. That guy is insanely good. If I remember right, for my Ardyne and Ravus (sp? can't be bothered to check) he didn't take any damage and completely the mopped the floor with the bosses in a matter of minutes. I don't know what build he uses, but I don't think it was the dragon whisker one that most people recommend. Normal people should just do the dragon whisker build you linked because it's really good and easy enough to get.

The Kenny Crow fight is a lot easier since his attacks are so exaggerated. Anyone who follows the dragon whisker build should have no problem soloing him.

I dunno if it was good or not but I got matched with 1 other player for both the boss fights mentioned and the guy melted both fights in seconds took no damage hell I barely had time to get ready much less help before he had the enemy dead I was like :o

Like the guy(or girl) did so much damage it was over in a couple hits

• Like 1

During my playthrough on the Standalone I tried for 1 hour while searching for other players to get the 1. DLC boss done.

All I got was:

- Unnecessary waiting time

- Under equipped players without any kind of resistance (which is actually bad because one of the bosses does lightning damage)

==> Most time it was me vs both bosses after 1 minute even with healing others.

The A.I. is more reliable. You just need some luck to get the good A.I. characters, the right buff food and some exercise.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Just 100%-ted FF15 including comrades offline. Very possible but time consuming and a big grind. Just make sure to look out for Cid's buff when he appears to cook food for you. He's rare and very important for upgrading weapons, which is what this DLC essentially is about. 

Edited by AlanFFM
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Extremely easy to do, follow this guide: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/walkthrough

Tells you when to grind, where to grind, what to grind. Explains numerous bugs such as item bug duping. If you re-patch back to 1.0 you can grind 5x faster than the 1.2 method. The 1.2 item bug works well enough to farm treasures for gil as well though if you don't want to do that, either way you can then buy light packages. Which made the 999,999kw trophy a cake walk. He also provides you with builds that cheese the game as you go, making difficult fights last 30 seconds to a minute sometimes (not all but some of the "hard" ones).

Basically, he helps you break the game, but to be fair this thing was a grindy mess at its core, the guide helps you minimizes the grind to the extreme. In the guide he states he beat Comrades in something like 13 hours while grabbing all the trophies. Took me 2 days of non-stop play with very little sleep -_- but to be fair I didn't have the guide at first and was doing a painful grind for many hours beyond what it would have actually taken me if I had found this sooner.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I obtained all trophies not long ago while playing the downgraded version of Royal Edition. Not hard at all, just time consuming.

The most annoying thing was having Kenny cook for me... Last trophy, a pain in the bass. I can still hear Monica saying "welcome back," let alone the freaking "you're the talk of the town kid..." whenever I approached the Quests table. OMG I hated that guy...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I finally decided to finish 100% FFXV. I avoided updating the game to keep Comrades. The only problem is I didn't know there was an 2nd Comrades list that required an update.

Unfortunately, my FFXV is only at version 1.23 but from what I read, I need 1.26... So I will forever be stuck with an incompleted FFXV?

37 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

I finally decided to finish 100% FFXV. I avoided updating the game to keep Comrades. The only problem is I didn't know there was an 2nd Comrades list that required an update.

Unfortunately, my FFXV is only at version 1.23 but from what I read, I need 1.26... So I will forever be stuck with an incompleted FFXV?

Read this thread, it explains how you can update the game to 1.26:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed I completely forgot to comeback here. The good news is that version 1.23 is the version that the updated Comrades was released, so I can do the 2nd trophy set of it.

I just defeated Ifrit yesterday, finishing both Comrades trophy set. I guess now I can update FFXV and get Ardyn Episode?

22 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

I just noticed I completely forgot to comeback here. The good news is that version 1.23 is the version that the updated Comrades was released, so I can do the 2nd trophy set of it.

I just defeated Ifrit yesterday, finishing both Comrades trophy set. I guess now I can update FFXV and get Ardyn Episode?

Yeah you're good to go now. The December 2018 and March 2019 updates on the standalone Comrades game aren't included at all in the trophy list for main FFXV, so once you've completed the both Comrades lists in the main game you can update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dantares24 said:

Yeah you're good to go now. The December 2018 and March 2019 updates on the standalone Comrades game aren't included at all in the trophy list for main FFXV, so once you've completed the both Comrades lists in the main game you can update.

Thanks for the info. I kinda wished I played this before, I actually enjoyed it even if I was alone.

Can I transfer my progress to the Standalone version? I also see there more trophies, including new bosses like Ardyn + Ravus & Kenny Crow... who look way scarier than Ifrit. ?

18 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

Thanks for the info. I kinda wished I played this before, I actually enjoyed it even if I was alone.

Can I transfer my progress to the Standalone version? I also see there more trophies, including new bosses like Ardyn + Ravus & Kenny Crow... who look way scarier than Ifrit. ?

Yes, your progress can transfer to the standalone. I believe it transfers automatically as long as your saved data is on the same PS4. A few trophies should pop right away, and it doesn't take long to get the rest of them again. I think it took me under 2 hours total to get all of them including the ones from the December 2018 update. Hopefully you can match with some other human players for the new bosses as they can be a little tough.