Without the ultimate dlc no online co op

Blood-Stalker1

Head up for all people 

you play this game with a friend coop online ?

Well then you can’t co op if one of you don’t have the dlc 

me and a buddy want to continue the story and I can no longer co op online with my friend because I don’t have the ultimate dlc 

the game is blocking me from join his lobby and he can’t join my lobby 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Winkuru said:

Does this only happens when one of the players doesn't have the DLC or is the online broken now?

If one person have the dlc and upgrade there game to the ultimate version you can’t co-op with the normal version 

only ultimate can co-op with ultimate 

and normal can only play normal 

so no if don’t have the dlc you can’t play co op with the person who have the dlc 

It sucks when this happens but restricting matchmaking based on dlc isn't something new. Although in cases like this it is semi-uncommon. Basically even though the trophy list is the same it locks the upgraded one as a new version and why the games are then in compatible something similar has happened with other games like GG Xrd Rev which has and older version and an updated one but both share the same trophy list.

It is worth mentioning though if anyone picks this up buy the Ultimate Edition currently checking PSN Store (Canada) The complete Ultimate Version is $30-$40 cheaper then standard version deluxe