Would you buy a rumored PSVR 2 day one?

TrophyChief

Inspired by the PS5 thread, thought I would start a discussion around the proclaimed PSVR 2 after the release of PS5. 

I haven’t purchased the existing PSVR set but will definitely plan to buy the next generation when released. Heard there are some good games on the platform thus far. I’m hoping the next generation will bring more quality of life changes and a more robust library of games. I also want to expand the number of different platforms I can earn trophies from.

How about you?

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sony already announced a PSVR 2? I didn’t hear about that one yet. 

According to Bloomberg and those close to Sony with knowledge of the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-14/sony-is-struggling-with-playstation-5-price-due-to-costly-parts

"Separately, Sony plans to release a new version of the PlayStation VR virtual-reality headset, tentatively scheduled after the PlayStation 5 goes on sale, the people said."

No official announcement from Sony, but signs are pointing to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It would really depend on the price and what it delivers. I believe the current PSVR will get a bit of a boost in quality just by playing on the PS5 already, so a PSVR2 would have to really blow me away to want to spend another several hundred $ to "upgrade"

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I certainly hope this means that several of the popular VR games on PC that haven't been ported over to console would get a chance with the new PSVR2 and PS5 consoles. As for buying a PSVR2, I would probably wait until I can see what new games that will be available, and I certainly hope they improved some of the issues like Motion Sickness some people get.

I kind of love how this thread from 2020 has risen from the dead now that we are days away and people like me can pop in and report that not only did I pre-order the headset (and controller charger stand), but they processed the order last night. I guess what I am saying is that I have actually purchased a set and will probably climb the walls between now and when it finally arrives. I do already own RE:8, No Man's Sky, and GT7, so with the Horizon bundle, that first week will be awesome. I will also grab a bunch of other titles too, I am sure, but, yeah, I am so ready. 

15 minutes ago, FilooGaroo said:

Wondering if I will have less symptoms of motion sickness du to the higher refresh rate

That would be so great !

I remember playing driveclub VR with the headset on my knees cause i was sick just after 5min of playing ^^'

Will try GT7 and see how i feel with it with this new version :D 

No. I already get headaches from playing games, can only imagine they be more frequent with this. Plus there’s just not any VR games I’m interested in.

Kinda surprised they’re even bothering with a PSVR2 when the original hasn’t seemed too popular.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-02-16 at 8:24 AM, seblegamer said:

That would be so great !

I remember playing driveclub VR with the headset on my knees cause i was sick just after 5min of playing ^^'

Will try GT7 and see how i feel with it with this new version :D 

So far - hard to say :

no problem with horizon - same with RE Village.

but the free cactus game - cannot play more than 5...

Thumpers is insane - can have 3 hours session non stop

the drum game is insane.

i love it so far