Million Dollar Tower made a bit easier with CronusMax

EdinhoN

Well, many players have said that the worst portion of the Tower is the submission matches.

This script helps with the submission button mashing, so you'll need only 1 or 2 submission tries before winning, instead of 4+ for some matches.

I still have to test it further and see how I can improve it (trying other delay values between button presses, current is 18ms).

Values below 17ms doesn't seem to work well because the game runs around 60fps (16.67 ms per frame), however I still have to test at 1ms to see what happens lol

I haven't played a lot in the tower yet, after 3 tries managed to get to the 7th match where I got my ass handed to me by Finn Bálor, but I had already taken too much damage from previous matches.

For pin/submissions matches I'm trying mostly to submit, however using this script you'll be able to save 2 or 3 finishers often, so it doesn't hurt to use them in some matches to get things done easily.

I'm sharing here in a pastebin for however wants to try.

Warning: it doesn't make it piss easy, you'll still need to master the method in the trophy guide. However, it makes it considerably easy to finish your matches and not eating all the (very short) time in many matches.

CronusMax Script on Pastebin

• Like 2

Oh I got it, you're stating that's some kind of cheating.

Well, it's a turbo controller essentially.

CronusMax won't do anything complicated for you (like beating Million Dolar Tower by itself, or beating hard time trials in racing games, or even platformers like Super Meat Boy).

I guess a discussion about "is turboing/boosting/whatever cheating?" is pretty much pointless for what constitutes a flag for this website.

26 minutes ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

Thanks man. I tried to do a script for mashing itself and can't do it. Now I'll try to download the 1.00 version of the game to explore the glitch of closing the game and continuing the tower.

Unfortunately it won't work downgrading: this is an online only trophy

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Unfortunately it won't work downgrading: this is an online only trophy

I tried and entered offline. Probably it was an online trophy during the million dollar promo.

This was discussed on the topic below. Unfortunally no one with the disc version tried to downgrade the game yet.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wwe-2k19/341937-aj-styles-tower-trophy-considered-online-trophy.html

1 hour ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

I tried and entered offline. Probably it was an online trophy during the million dollar promo.

This was discussed on the topic below. Unfortunally no one with the disc version tried to downgrade the game yet.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wwe-2k19/341937-aj-styles-tower-trophy-considered-online-trophy.html

Yep, it's true: you can play the tower offline lol, just checked again

I have been tricked by the wording in the menu: "Go online to play the million dollar tower"

Good to know that even if the glitch doesn't work anymore (what if they patched the ability play the tower offline along with the glitch fix?)

I'll give it a try after I play the PPV in March 6th as the tower will be the only missing trophy

You can also downgrade the digital version, there's a tutorial in the forum somewhere

Edited by EdinhoN

12 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Yep, it's true: you can play the tower offline lol, just checked again

I have been tricked by the wording in the menu: "Go online to play the million dollar tower"

Good to know that even if the glitch doesn't work anymore (what if they patched the ability play the tower offline along with the glitch fix?)

I'll give it a try after I play the PPV in March 6th as the tower will be the only missing trophy

You can also downgrade the digital version, there's a tutorial in the forum somewhere

I'll try to do this after I got all other trophies.

1 hour ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

1f61e.png

I've found in the 2k forums that the AJ Tower has been patched in game probably in 1.01 (not present on base 1.00 version). It seems like that 1.02 fixed the glitch, so it's worth a shot to install the 1.01 update with the other method (there's a tutorial in Final Fantasy XV forums)

After the PPV in 6th of March I'll give it a try as this will be my final trophy.

At least it is now doable offline, so worst case scenario won't be unobtainable

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I've found in the 2k forums that the AJ Tower has been patched in game probably in 1.01 (not present on base 1.00 version). It seems like that 1.02 fixed the glitch, so it's worth a shot to install the 1.01 update with the other method (there's a tutorial in Final Fantasy XV forums)

After the PPV in 6th of March I'll give it a try as this will be my final trophy.

At least it is now doable offline, so worst case scenario won't be unobtainable

Post the results here If you try. I hope the glitch works somehow, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 5:24 PM, RattlesnakeBR said:

Post the results here If you try. I hope the glitch works somehow, lol.

Probably using the 1.01 or 1.02 the glitch would still work and the tower would be there too, however I couldn't find the pkg update link to be able to downgrade the game.

The database websites haven't tracked it, so we're no good: we'll have to do it the hard way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Probably using the 1.01 or 1.02 the glitch would still work and the tower would be there too, however I couldn't find the pkg update link to be able to downgrade the game.

The database websites haven't tracked it, so we're no good: we'll have to do it the hard way

?

On 11/03/2020 at 7:23 PM, BSKkayfabe said:

I wonder if CronusMax also works for the "King Of Jumprope" trophy in FFIX, given the correct inputs are.....er....input lol

Yes, there's a script for that trophy: https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/175926-Final-Fantasy-IX-quot-KIng-of-Jump-Rope-quot-Script-Tutorial?highlight=rope

I didn't tested.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2020 at 4:22 PM, EdinhoN said:

I found the 1.01 update link:

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA12215_00/12/f_f1bef8313e8f16607a5018675d2581ad867e35fba94ac37460e964825c67191e/f/UP1001-CUSA12215_00-WWE2K19000000000-A0101-V0100.pkg

Downloading right now using the method on FF XV forum. Tomorrow I'll test if this update access the AJ Tower.

Protocol: http

Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net

Port: 80

Path: /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA12215_00/12/f_f1bef8313e8f16607a5018675d2581ad867e35fba94ac37460e964825c67191e/f/UP1001-CUSA12215_00-WWE2K19000000000-A0101-V0100.json

5 hours ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

I found the 1.01 update link:

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA12215_00/12/f_f1bef8313e8f16607a5018675d2581ad867e35fba94ac37460e964825c67191e/f/UP1001-CUSA12215_00-WWE2K19000000000-A0101-V0100.pkg

Downloading right now using the method on FF XV forum. Tomorrow I'll test if this update access the AJ Tower.

Protocol: http

Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net

Port: 80

Path: /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA12215_00/12/f_f1bef8313e8f16607a5018675d2581ad867e35fba94ac37460e964825c67191e/f/UP1001-CUSA12215_00-WWE2K19000000000-A0101-V0100.json

How did you find that?

Is there a third website besides the ones recommended in the post?

I can download the 1.02 in case 1.01 fails

40 minutes ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

I found on Google. On Playstation Trophies I saw the 1.02 version is already patched.

Great then, let us know if it works, would be easy using the glitch plus the button mashing with Cronus.

What did you search on Google? I've tried again and I found even this topic lol but not the downloadable link, it would be nice to know for future uses

Edited by EdinhoN

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Great then, let us know if it works, would be easy using the glitch plus the button mashing with Cronus.

What did you search on Google? I've tried again and I found even this topic lol but not the downloadable link, it would be nice to know for future uses

CUSA12215 pkg if I not mistaken.