Trophy thoughts?

LeoChockersFan20

41 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Most boring studio for platinum trophy names of all time? Originally "Platinum". Their attempt at redemption: "Acquire all trophies". 

Yeah, they really missed a great opportunity here to name the :platinum: something pretty interesting this time around. Things like "ARS operator" as the :platinum: name sounds a lot better than just simply "Acquire all trophies". I digress.

Such a shame, really.

31 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Exactly the same as the ps3 version. Tactical challenges will probably be another nightmare. 

Most likely, but if you've done once then you can most likely do it again. 

The challenges and the actual :platinum: will probably be the only UR's similar to the PS3 version.

• Like 2

Great, it's the same exact list. Now everyone will be able to share the fun (?) with broadcasting attempts at tactical challenge #6. Can't wait to see people cuss themselves into a stroke attempting it.

EDIT: A better Platinum name would be VANQUISH Master or Even Mikami Would Be Proud. Oh well.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

Tbh I don’t think Vanquish was ever that hard, it was just one of the very first difficult trophy lists. 

The bar has been raised far higher over the past decade. For the average player I’d say it’s a 7/10, not a 9/10.

Challenge 6 is the only real stumbling block, and from start to finish it’s only a 10-15 minute time investment. There are plenty of thorough guides that walk you through your every action too. 

So for anyone with doubts I highly recommend giving it a try. It’s an insanely fun game and maybe you’ll surprise yourself. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MrFudge said:

Tbh I don’t think Vanquish was ever that hard, it was just one of the very first difficult trophy lists. 

The bar has been raised far higher over the past decade. For the average player I’d say it’s a 7/10, not a 9/10.

Challenge 6 is the only real stumbling block, and from start to finish it’s only a 10-15 minute time investment. There are plenty of thorough guides that walk you through your every action too. 

So for anyone with doubts I highly recommend giving it a try. It’s an insanely fun game and maybe you’ll surprise yourself. 

Boi, I dont think you remember the double bogey fights in challenge 6. They like destroy all cover 

• Like 1

Just now, wackt1 said:

Boi, I dont think you remember the double bogey fights in challenge 6. They like destroy all cover 

I played it last year having not touched the game in around 7 years, and iirc it took me 50 minutes to beat C6. I’m no god either, and I hardly even checked the guides. 

The bogeys are nasty because at times you’re purely at the mercy of luck, but everything else is completely in your control. With the auto-aim launchers you can melt one of them real quick too. 

And like I said, if you get fucked you only go back 10 minutes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everything but Challenge 6 isn't hard at all. Even Challenge 4, which a lot of people said they had issues with, I was able to beat within two hours.

Challenge 6 however took a chunk of my time and that alone makes Vanquish a 7 - 8 out of 10 in difficulty. The 9 out of 10 difficulty I consider to be for those who have the skill and to an extent, sheer determination. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is more deserving of a 9 out of 10 in difficulty than Vanquish.

Boost Rolling (L2 + X on your controller) will help you immensely in Wave 5 of Challenge 6 because trust me, you need it. I find one of the best places to fight the two Bogeys is the wall area of the staircase. It helps block that annoying beam laser attack that immediately makes your suit overheat. I died a LOT from that beam.

Challenge 6 requires you to come in with a different mindset as opposed to the rest of the game. Most casual players can beat Vanquish on Normal and Hard difficulties, the story is not that bad. But the challenges are a big step up above everything else, which is why so many people gave Vanquish a 8 - 9 out of 10 in difficulty for years.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Are you joking? That's probably the easiest wave of challenge 6, if you make it to the double bogeys you're practically guaranteed success unless you're the type to either get too nervous or overconfident at the end of something, but it's not very long anyway (I think it took about 9 minutes on my first try) so it shouldn't take long even if you screw up once or twice. 

The wave with the single bogey gives you less room to move and make mistakes since you're likely having to make use of the limited cover (though believe it or not cigarettes come in handy here) but by the time you reach the the double bogey you can just roll around freely stopping just long enough to pop off a shot (laser is good here) and roll again. You can make use of the whole space and just roll roll roll.

The first wave and the last were definitely the easiest I'd say.

-

Also, for those saying this game is hard and like a 7/8/9 out of 10 for difficulty, you're going to be in for a shock when you actually play it these days xD it really doesn't hold up as difficult at all, as I said before its a fairly easy plat but a really good game. Main reason the PS3 one is 'Ultra Rare' is likely because it was on PS+ (that's how I first got the game, I redeemed a trial back then) and nothing more.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Most boring studio for platinum trophy names of all time? Originally "Platinum". Their attempt at redemption: "Acquire all trophies". 

Ironically, this was the one game where “Platinum” wasn’t too bad of a name considering it was referencing Platinum Games. ? Now the tile doesn’t link to the name. 

• Like 2