To bad this is the only game in the series that will ever be on PlayStation

Taliesin_2943

You could just buy a Switch if you enjoy it that much. That systems has some other great exclusives aswell.

It's kind of similar to when Tomb Raider 1 and Resident Evil 1 both would be released on the Saturn, but the sequels were only on PS1.

• Like 2

Who knows, I remember buying a Gamecube to get Nintendo exclusives Resident Evil 0, 1 and 4.

And now Resident Evil 4 has nearly as many ports as Skyrim. Ok I am kidding, but I genuinely thought Res Evil 4 was a gamecube exclusive. It doesn't seem likely, but I guess, never say never. Even the Sony exclusive game Yakuza got Steam ports and Cup Head a Switch port.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Like the title says it's to bad it's the only one it's what is preventing me from getting it I'd feel cheated if I enjoyed it and know it's part of a series I'll never be able to finish

Not necessarily, remember LEGO City Undercover? The game was released in 2013 for WiiU & in 2017 game was re-released for PC, PS4, Switch & XB1. Here's hoping?!

6 hours ago, soniq said:

You could just buy a Switch if you enjoy it that much. That systems has some other great exclusives aswell.

It's kind of similar to when Tomb Raider 1 and Resident Evil 1 both would be released on the Saturn, but the sequels were only on PS1.

Well, resident evil 2 came out on the dreamcast, n64, and gamecube 

6 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Like the title says it's to bad it's the only one it's what is preventing me from getting it I'd feel cheated if I enjoyed it and know it's part of a series I'll never be able to finish

Blame Microsoft, Sony, and sega for being unwilling to help fund a sequel, Nintendo was the only one who stepped up for platinumgames

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Uhm that’s exactly what the op said lol

I never wrote that what OP wrote is false but provided insight why this is true, so maybe lol yourself?

20 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Blame Microsoft, Sony, and sega for being unwilling to help fund a sequel, Nintendo was the only one who stepped up for platinumgames

Yes, this is true.

But also when I read those lines from the article I linked before..

"When we started making Bayonetta 2, we initially received funds from Sega to develop the game for multiple platforms, but the project was halted due to circumstances at Sega," he reveals. "Nintendo then stepped in to continue funding the game, allowing us to finish it. As such, the rights belong to Sega and Nintendo. The rights owners decided the game should be made for Wii U."

[..]

On Bayonetta 3, however, things were different. Instead of starting a project and then finding a solution to continue developing, Platinum, Sega and Nintendo decided start the project together. "It was decided from the start that the game was going to be developed using Nintendo's funding. Without their help, we wouldn't have been able to kick off this project.

[..]

"All of the rights still belong to Sega and Nintendo. The rights owners decided that the game should be made for Switch."

.. I don't think that they expect much success if they release both games on a platform other than Nintendo Switch. I think that SEGA could, with Nintendo's approval and with certain payments to Nintendo, certainly get the game to appear on other platforms.

BUT does anybody else remember that "Mass Effect 1" was an XBOX and Windows exclusive for a very long time and then made an appearance on PS3?

==> Exclusive rights may expire..

.. but as far as I know Mass Effect 1 was not funded by Microsoft like Bayonetta 2 and 3 are funded by Nintendo.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Geridian said:

I never wrote that what OP wrote is false but provided insight why this is true, so maybe lol yourself?

Yes, this is true.

But also when I read those lines from the article I linked before..

.. I don't think that they expect much success if they release both games on a platform other than Nintendo Switch.

BUT does anybody else remember that "Mass Effect 1" was an XBOX and Windows exclusive for a very long time and then made an appearance on PS3?

==> Exclusive rights may expire..

.. but as far as I know Mass Effect 1 was not funded by Microsoft like Bayonetta 2 and 3 are funded by Nintendo.

It wasn't. Microsoft only published it, and once the publishing rights expired, it was able to become multiplatform.

Dead rising 3 is a different situation as Microsoft directly funded the project

14 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I still have my PS3 copy unopened 1f605.png

Heard it's terrible though. How does PS4 version stack up against Switch/Wii U?

On topic; We might get 2 & 3 on Playstation at some point, but it won't be for a quite couple years yeah.

Unless nintendo decides to be friendly, I doubt it since they paid to fund it

18 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well, resident evil 2 came out on the dreamcast, n64, and gamecube 

True, I always forget about these. Also came to PC.

Let's be real the exclusivity of a game works well for their profit margins on said game for the first 6 months maybe a year at most? But after that it tends to go down, I doubt Nintendo and Platinum Games are making bank off their exclusivity of B2 and B3 much anymore by this point if they open it up to other systems the profits will come in again. It's why for a fact some third party devs instead do the time limited exclusives instead.

I get it's part of their "deal" but then again too looking at Scalebound bs, Platinum seems to also be bad at negotiating for control of IPs they work on.

• 3 weeks later...