Speedrun Strats Easy

I just learned that you can skip to floor 750 and only have to do the last 250 floors without saving. I had two previous runs killed by Specimen 6, so I got annoyed and thought I would just try it to see if it might work. I didn't expect it to work, but next I know I beat it and trophy popped. I didn't even encounter Specimen 6, so it was a pretty easy playthrough. Even if you do encounter him you already have the axe so you can easily take care of him. It unfortunately doesn't work for beating game with jumpscares and specimens turned off, so you still have to do all 1000 floors of nothingness.  

Edited by duboiszack

• 7 months later...

There is maybe a chance it was patched, but for me I was able to use the password cake to jump to floor 750 and after I completed the game I unlocked the trophy. You will still have to do the last 250 floors, but you already have the axe by then, so if you encounter Specimen 6 for example you can use the axe on him and not have to worry about him on that floor. You can't hit all enemies with the axe, but in my opinion most of them are very easy to avoid anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this method still works. Used password ‘Cake’ to start on Room 750 and didn’t save. And for those wanting to save a bit more time, you can get the trophy ‘It Was Never a Mask’ this way as well, just make sure to hit every cardboard cutout (Specimen 1) and non-spectral specimen when possible. Specimen 3 and Specimen 6 are particularly easy to hit.

• 1 year later...

Ik that this is digging up an old thread, but the CAKE skip does not work for A_Rival mode (no jumpscares and no specimens). I had both options disabled before inputting the code, had them both "off" in the room 750, kept playing, got the unique ending, but no trophy. Guess I have take the longer walk...

On 10/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, Varhur said:

Ik that this is digging up an old thread, but the CAKE skip does not work for A_Rival mode (no jumpscares and no specimens). I had both options disabled before inputting the code, had them both "off" in the room 750, kept playing, got the unique ending, but no trophy. Guess I have take the longer walk...

I know I tried. Unfortunately you have to do 1,000 uneventful floors of boredom. I still like the game though otherwise.