"Glitch" for XP Farming on 1.00

Valkirye22

For anyone with a disc version farming xp to get to level 100, as patch 1.04 fixed the 3000xp for horde/intodarkness/hard/instadeath method,

I reverted my game back to 1.00 and it "works" but on 1.00 you need to start Into Darkness on hard, (there is also elite difficulty but I stuck to hard), and you need to kill a zombie/get some points before killing yourself to end the game. This way you will receive 5000xp on the post game screen.

It took me a little over an hour to go from LV~75 to what I hoped would be max level.

After my final game (patch 1.00 not connected to the internet) the level counter went from 99 to 1. After that I quit, updated it to 1.04 and now I'm level 90 with a little bit missing to go into 91.

I will see if going back to 1.00 getting to 99 and change and then going 99 to 100 on 1.04 fixes it and edit the comment later. But for anyone else there at this time i recommend stop on 99, update to 1.04 and finish the grind there. My thoughts are that 1.00 is bugged in a way that it doesn't recognize LEVEL100 so it put me on level 90 with couple of 100 xp missing to be 91 and that difference is the same I was missing before my last game on 1.00 where 5000xp would put me 99 to 100. 

EDIT: if you are farming xp on 1.00 do it up until LV 99, after that on 1.00 it will make you LV 1 again and when updated to patch 1.04 it will show you as being level 90 and post mission/horde screen will count you new xp from level 1. Effectively meaning I have f***** myself and now need to grind 100 level again while also hoping the top right coutner will continue once I reach LV 90.

tl;dr - grind on 1.00 until level 99 and reach 100 on updated patch 1.04 or later.

Edited by Valkirye22
Detailed info
  • Like 3

Just commenting to report my experience.

Yesterday, I uninstalled the game and reverted back to version 1.00. I did the 5,000 XP grinding method up to level 93 (The Extreme difficulty does NOT yield additional XP). As I went to get off for the night, I saw the main menu did not have my updated level, it still showed 78.

I got nervous so I did one more iteration of the grind and there I showed the right level.

It was late, so I quit for the night there. The next day, today, I got to 99 and a half, then updated to 1.04. The game still showed that I was level 78 but when I completed the first chapter of Mission 1 (Reporting In on Dead Ahead), it showed me gaining XP towards leveling up.

Then another thing made me nervous, I don't see level 100 ahead but a gold level 1, basically prestige. Based off the wording above, I got a little worried that I was skipping a level because I had an old save or something. But nope, leveled up and got the trophy (and plat)!

TL;DR - Definitely revert to 1.00 to grind for 5K XP then update to 1.04 at 99 and a half to hit prestige. If your level isn't shown accurately on the main screen, it's okay. There is no "level 100", just a prestige level 1 basically, so don't worry if you don't see a 100 at the end of the XP bar.

Can confirm this works!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Can confirm that this still works in patch 1.07. All i had left for play was level 100 and was level 90.

Uninstall game, dont let it update. Farm up to 99 BUT DO NOT LEVEL TO 100 on the unpatched game.

Reinstall and you can pop 100 with no issues.

***** EDIT **** if you have unlocked stuff from doing the weekly events it seems this will erase those unlocks. Just do this if you want to get the level 100 trophy then revert back to the save from before you did this farming

Edited by ZeromusF4
erases progress
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

There is another solution. Start up the second level of the first chapter. Have it set to 4 players for the Zombies count, you can play on easy too and then you want either the shotgun mortar or use grenades (shotgun mortar is a DLC weapon, I recommend the grenades) make sure you use the C96 or M1911 as they don't have explosive shots. I'd say the M1911 in your loadout and start up the level and stock up on grenades - you can hold up to 4. Go through the door at the top for the objective and after the cutscene just throw a grenade at the railcar, wait for Zombies to fall from the window on fire on the right and throw a grenade there and one more at the railcar and one on the left. You should have 27 to 35 explosive kills (you can check by pausing the game and looking at the right towards the bottom) go back up where you came and drop down and open the boxes, 3 will have grenades and 2 have teller mines - you can use them too. Get 4 grenades and wait for Zombies to push the NPC that is with you shooting them - throw a grenade, wait and throw one again. Maybe use a teller mine. Make sure to save at least 1 grenade. Now you should have 63 to 72 explosive kills, I'd say try for at least 70. Don't blow up any more - kill the rest with your pistol and refill ammo and then go to the next objective. Run all the way to the door that's sealed, kill them with your pistol and when the door opens go through and once you come out the room, when you need to go through the railcar opened, you'll get a checkpoint and it'll save. Now it saved you explosive kills as well which you should have 63 to 72 and throw a grenade at the Zombies coming, wait for it to say challenge complete at the top left and then reload checkpoint and rinse and repeat until you're at level 100. The key is the challenge complete gives 1000 points every time you complete it by reloading the checkpoint. Which is 1000 points every 2 seconds or however long it takes for your challenge to complete to you reloading the checkpoint. It's the fastest way for XP right now and credit to ObesityandLag on the leaderboards and YouTube for this method. I posted this as not many people know this method and it's faster than having to delete the game doing the 6000 points method and then redownloading the game and can confirm it works as I used it from level 90 to 100 last night. 

Edited by JohnFPSKing
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 2021-04-12 at 3:07 AM, ACEBUDD said:

For those of us that only have the game on digital, I have you covered with this video of the fastest and easiest method currently not patched 

https://youtu.be/-vuOwzAl3Rk

I think the method above posted by @JohnFPSKing is actually much faster and easier. You get 1000+ XP every 5-6 seconds (the amount of time it takes to restart checkpoint then press R1) and level up every 2-3 minutes on average.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:59 AM, Baka1223 said:

For me it was 4 hours to make from 21 lvl to 100. It was so fast with @JohnFPSKing method

Thanks but not my method, it's a guy on YouTube named ObesityandLag.

On 4/20/2021 at 9:37 PM, Princejeffy said:

thanks @JohnFPSKing works like a charm! and plus ITS FREE WOOO!

No problem. Yeah, people were making it complicated, deleting the game, playing unpatched. Downloading it with issues. Figured I'd post it since nobody else did.

• Like 2