People who have above 90% completion...

Mathieumatic

I enjoy collecting trophies and they are giving me an extra goal to achieve. I play games which interest me so i have not forced myself to complete it, of course there are some boring mindless stuff like mk9... but it’s still nice to get it done ?. I am not so long into trophies and when I started I had a 40 percent completion and slowly it was getting up to over 90. would be nice to keep it that way. As for gaming time Iam 36 , working around 50 hours a week, a not in games interested girlfriend, still having time to enjoy it. ? cheers 

• Like 1

Well for me it boils down to a few different reasons, some of which have been said by others in here already. The main reasons why I like completing games and maintaining a high completion rate are:

1) Because I see trophies as part of completing a game in its entirety. I can 100% a game but if I also don't have all the trophies earned then to me that game isn't truly completed to 100%. Before trophies were a thing I would always try my best to achieve 100% in a game. Now trophies are just another part of that process. 

2) I don't have OCD because that shit is a terrible condition and I would never be as ignorant to say I actually have it and throw about the term like it's nothing. However I do have a strong urge to see things through and I do like things a certain way. I'm an organised person and so naturally this plays a part in me being a completionist. I believe most completionists would say something similar. It does take a certain mindset to try and complete every game you play.

3) Value. Games are expensive so you'd best believe I'm gonna get the most out of them. If I was to pick just a single positive thing about being a completionist then it's this. Trophies in general regardless of your completion rate, help you to get more out of a game by trying to do everything possible. Of course it's not all great, jump 10,000 times or do (insert ridiculous and unnecessary requirement) X times, but for the most part, trophies have definitely made me get the most out of the games I play. When I go for 100% completion in a game and earn all the trophies in the process, I definitely feel like I've got a lot more out of it than I would have if I hadn't went for the full completion.

And well that's about it really. What I would like to know is why everyone seems to be obsessed with completionists and what we do. To me, buying a game and completing it to it's max is just normal. There's nothing strange about it. I've come across topics about completionists so many times now, and a lot of the time it's quite negative (this one is quite friendly though which is a nice change). We seem to have a bad rep. So many times you'll hear we only play easy games, or won't put certain games on our profiles. For me I always play what I want regardless of difficulty. If something interests me then I'll play it, simple.

What I would like to see someday is a topic about people on the other end of the scale because to me some of those people ARE a bit strange in a sense. I've seen people with 400+ games and a completion rate of less than 30%. I'd like to know why some people buy so many games, wasting so much money in the process and then never bother to finish any of the games. Like obviously there will be some games you don't like so you won't bother, but hundreds of games? To me that's weirder than anything a completionist does. I've never seen any topics on this and it's something that interests me. Is it lack of attention span? Just couldn't be bothered? Likes wasting money? I need answers LOL

• Like 2

1. Why bother?

I already had the mentality of wanting to explore a game as much as possible prior to owning a PS3 with certain titles I enjoyed like the Lego titles or certain Mario iterations on the Nintendo DS, so I suppose trophies provide additional incentive to play the game in a way I may have not ordinarily done so. I also want to feel like I received my money's worth from the games I purchase, so obtaining trophies is just another method of ensuring that happens. 

2. How do you motivate yourself to complete the games you didn't enjoy?

To be honest, I have encountered many games that didn't quite captivate me for reasons such as time constraints or not turning out to what I was anticipating initially, so my methods differ from title to title. I try to purchase games that I know will appeal to me, so it's not like I deliberately seek out games I have no interest in, although it just doesn't always work in my favor if that makes sense. However, I find the best way is to shelve it in the backlog for an indefinite period of time until my mood is appropriate to return to it. Play some other games in the meantime usually. Some of my favorite games have been titles that initially didn't resonate with me at first until I returned to them at a later date with a willingness to give them a second chance, such as Gravity Rush or Mercenary Kings, so I think this is a viable option for me. 

3. When did you start this completion trend? 

I've owned a PS3 since late 2010, but my first platinum wasn't obtained until March 2013- the title being Telltale's the Walking Dead. Since I had less patience during that time period though, I only obtained platinums sporadically for a while. I suppose 2015 was the year in which my trophy hunting habits changed drastically though as I felt compelled to pursue more platinums, although my completionist side only started to emerge about the year after or so. Truth being told, it's interesting to reflect in retrospect about my younger days where my behavior was more volatile as opposed to now where I'm more collected and less prone to frustration over gaming in general. 

4. Do you feel like 100% completion is an overall better experience than a normal playthrough (where you don't mind the trophies)? 

Indeed, I do like the satisfying feeling of exploring and completing everything there is to possibly do in a game, provided I enjoy it. There's an abundance of discoveries I would have been oblivious about if I hadn't taken the initiative to complete games, such as collectibles that provide exposition to the game's lore, boss encounters, or certain items, so I generally prefer 100% completion both in terms of trophies and in certain titles where I go beyond the trophy list requirements if I genuinely liked it enough. 

Edited by VoxAnimi
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

From personal experience, I only platinum the games that I enjoyed enough to fully complete. There are a bunch of games I've come across over the years where you have to complete so many repetitive, boring tasks just to get the platinum which makes it not worth it to me. I could never get myself to platinum/100% every game I play and I'm honestly fine with that. Gaming is supposed to be a hobby and if I forced myself to finish every game I played, it would feel more like a job to me. This is why I'm asking everyone on this forum with 90% or above completion rate the following questions:

• Why bother?
  • How do you motivate yourself to complete the games you didn't enjoy?
  • When did you start this completion trend? From the start of your account or did you have to overcome a huge backlog to achieve this?
  • Do you feel like 100% completion is an overall better experience than a normal playthrough (where you don't mind the trophies)?

I'm interested in your responses, thanks in advance.

i find by being a completionist that their are very few games I don't enjoy.  I have came across a few I didn't like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 so I didn't complete them. also, I'm a bit careful about playing a bunch of really crappy games, I do my research.  In the end If I put time and thought into what i'm playing it saves me from wasting money on games I would hate.   Trophy hunting doesn't make a lot of since to me.  Anybody can go out and pick a bunch of games up for sale and go home and half complete them.  Earning a bunch of easy trophies with high ownership like finish the prologue, buy your 1st skill, ect.   The challenge in this game is going above and beyond to unlock every trophy even though sometimes it forces you to do something you don't fully like.  Sometimes though I even draw the line if something is both long and awful/boring.  so to answer your question completing the games is whats fun for me.  Something else may be fun for you but I haven't earned shit until every last trophy in the game is accounted for.  A platinum without an S besides it is meaningless to me.

I don't feel you have to complete every single game to be a completionist. There is a difference in a person with a 100% account and one with a 90% account.  !00% doesn't impress me if the person is too careful with what they play.  I know very few 100% accounts that were daring enough to play whatever they wanted.  They are generally too picky and choosy about what they play.  A part of the fun in this is taking that risk in playing something that is unknown.  They tend to never play a game day 1, not play games they may be interested in, play all the series but the harder ones, ect all to keep that 100% intact.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

What I would like to see someday is a topic about people on the other end of the scale because to me some of those people ARE a bit strange in a sense. I've seen people with 400+ games and a completion rate of less than 30%. I'd like to know why some people buy so many games, wasting so much money in the process and then never bother to finish any of the games. Like obviously there will be some games you don't like so you won't bother, but hundreds of games? To me that's weirder than anything a completionist does. I've never seen any topics on this and it's something that interests me. Is it lack of attention span? Just couldn't be bothered? Likes wasting money? I need answers LOL

That's an interesting remark. I can't answer for everyone, but I have around 50 games played with a completion rate of around 50% so I wouldn't call myself a completionist. First explanation: my local library rents out games, a library pass costs about $10 and then you can rent them with no additional costs (except when you return them too late and you get fined). There are some games I played from the library that I just didn't enjoy, like RDR2. I didn't even bother to finish the epilogue because I was so bored of the same repetitive missions in the main story every time (ride your horse here, shoot a couple of guys, ride back and repeat). So I don't feel the need to complete them since I didn't directly pay for them, I guess. Same explanation with PS+ games in my library I played (Mafia III and Saints Row: Gat out of Hell), found out I disliked them pretty early on and stopped playing. Got a single trophy for both, can't be bothered to play a game I don't enjoy. PS+ is a bit different because you pay for the games, but I generally view PS+ as paying for online multiplayer and the games you get every month as a 'free bonus'. I'm on board with the 'get your worth' argument for games I spend my own money on though (not including PS+ or library games).

Then there's also games like Fifa or Call Of Duty, where there are a bunch of different gamemodes. For example, the most popular gamemode in FIFA each year is Ultimate Team and there aren't a lot of trophies to earn there. Same with people that play CoD with friends every night, just for the multiplayer experience. People can easily sink 100's of hours into the game and get their worth, without going for trophies or taking the completionist approach.

There will of course be people who just waste their money, but I don't think that group will be that large. In my case, I will always finish the main content of the game and then I decide if I want to platinum it. Generally, finishing the story will give you more than half of the trophies already so sometimes I feel like I already got enough enjoyment out of the game to just quit playing

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

1. Because you discover more of the game if you do, not entirely true for some games but for the most part.  

2. Just think of the end result.  

3. Think it started around gta vice city on ps2. Had to 100% stat wise , that game and every since then.......

4. Yes I do,  take rdr2 for example.  Its pretty boring to begin with and would be tempting to give up early,  but trying to platinum the game has made me realise this game is awesome if not a bit slow.  

Edited by closertim

I'm not at 90%+ nowadays, but I used to be for quite a while. 

In my case, I was a completionist even before trophies, so with trophies it was just natural to go for 100%.

Said that, I also started buying way to much, so my backlog of unstarted games is quite huge, and I don't really find time for everything.. 

As for my current completion, about 2 years ago I started a lot of games to do the online due to servers closings and it dropped a lot (it dropped as low as 86%, I believe), and since then, I have been trying to improve it little by little, but it's a time consuming thing.. On top of that, I started several ps4 games that I never find the time to complete (and have more "priority games" on ps4 that I have yet to start), but this is an issue with my gaming and life setup (only have access to the ps4 when I go home for weeks, but usually because of work, I only go home at Saturday morning and return at Sunday afternoon, so the little time in between is all the time that I have to hang out with the people there and play ps4). 

I don't consider a game complete till it's 100% i'd like for it to be sooner rather then later but if it takes weeks so be it. ust get on it do it, it'll happen eventually and mean more to me then just another platinum 73% of something else.

that being said I don't think it's inferior, to each their own, if i played a game that had a beyond glitched completely unobtainable trophy i'd prolly care less, as it is now though, smoke em if you got em.

It sort of just happened that way, because I've never been one to play more than a single game at a time—I get too confused by the different control schemes and gameplay types when switching. Add in the fact that I've always been a completionist, and an above 90% profile was inevitable.

There are certainly some DLC and online trophies I never bothered with, though. Don't know if I'll ever go back and get them.

Good comments on the thread. It is all about the "hunt" and the personal satisfaction derived from the achievement and challenge. High completion percentage is just one of many areas gamers can strive to achieve. High completion percentage is a personal challenge, obtaining 100% on a game is a personal challenge, increasing your platinum count is a personal challenge, increasing games played is a personal challenge, obtaining more ultra rare trophies is a personal challenge, securing a certain spot on the leaderboard is a personal challenge, completing the entire series of games in a franchise is a personal challenge, stacking the same games in all available regions is a challenge, the list goes on. Ultimately, it is fun for me, I enjoy gaming, and like the community. Wins all around. ?

• Like 4

@Property_Damage I'm a married software developer in my early 30's. Work 50 hour weeks with gym 5-6 times per week. I can get in 2-4 hours gaming on a weeknight and bout 10h in on the weekends. Hours get pushed up and sleep reduced if I'm really loving a game. No kids yet but one is on the way.

In response to the original post...

1. Why bother?

I was a completionist gamer well before trophies were around. I wouldn't say I have OCD, but I like things neat and organised, am a slight perfectionist and love efficiency. 

I like to get my monies worth. A triple A game can cost over $100 on release in Australia and some can be finished in a weekend. If you try to go for the 100% this is pushed out much further.

Trophies also force you to play parts of the game you necessarily may not have. E.g. finishing on the hardest setting, exploring all already for collectibles, multiplayer and coop etc. Sometimes may be a boring grind, but if the game is quality and the developer put thought and effort into the extra context, doing it all is very rewarding.

I don't like starting a game, stopping for a while and coming back to it later. You have to re-learn the controls and the feel of it. This can be a major slow-down for skill based games. Sometimes this is unavoidable with DLC but I try to avoid it where I can. I like to start a game and get 100% before I move onto the next one if possible.

2. How do you motivate yourself to complete the games you didn't enjoy?

I try to avoid games completely I wouldn't enjoy. I'll do a lot of research before I commit to a new game. I don't play games simply to pad my trophy score, other than My Name is Mayo.

I typically like very hard games where skill is required to earn a trophy. I enjoy the research and learning process and getting better with each attempt. Once you get said trophy its a great feeling. I enjoy the entire process for hard skill based trophies.

For the long, low skill, grindey trophies, I try to break it up over a longer time. I try to do a bit each day and chip away at it slowly. Despite a trophy being repetitive, the process of playing the game is quite soothing. I also like to see the slow progress towards a long grindey trophy. Very satisfying. Multi-tasking also helps with this.

As long as I am slowly progressing towards a trophy I don't find motivation hard. The hard part is trying to organise gaming sessions for older games with people in other parts of the world as I am in AUS. There have been many hours sitting, waiting for boost groups to start, lobbies to fill up.

Thinking about the trophy at the end of the tunnel is the main motivator. 

3. When did you start this completion trend? 

I'll have to give you my life (gaming) story for this one.....

I used to be a PC, completionist , gamer. I switched to PS3 as I didn't want to spend $5k on a good gaming PC every few years. At the time my wife and I were saving for an apartment so I also wanted to cut back on my gaming costs. I tried to complete the games I already owned to 100% to not buy new games . Thats when trophy hunting started.

At first, I would only 100% games I liked. My percentage was as low as 20% when I joined PSN profiles. I thought there would be no way the multiplayer parts of older games would still be active so I gave up on all my old PS3 games and sold the PS3. At this time I didn't know boosting was a thing! I also didn't have the skill with a controller back then (5 years ago). I had played with a keyboard and mouse my whole life until that point.

Over time, as the completion percentage went up, skills improved and after I realised how active the community was for older games I toyed with the idea of clearing the backlog entirely.

It started when I really wanted to replay Darksouls 1 so I re-bought a PS3 and started working through the backlog. Slowly over a few years I chipped away at games I liked on PS3 that were incomplete. I would play two old PS3 games for 1 new PS4 game and over about a year and a bit I got through my backlog. About 1000 unearned trophy reduced to about 20 (damn server closures). Last year I polished off the remainder. The Uncharted 2 and 3 were brutal to finish as timezone issues were a bastard between US, Europe and Australia but eventually I got it done.

4. Do you feel like 100% completion is an overall better experience than a normal playthrough (where you don't mind the trophies)? 

For me, a typically normal play through is a 100%, search every nook and cranny, get all collectibles play through anyway. That just my natural play style, even without trophies. 

In relation to doing all parts of the game, including parts I wouldn't normally do, without a doubt, yes. The games is played in a much deeper way I feel when you are trophy hunting. A good trophy list will cover all aspects of the game play that the developer has put in. If the developer has put thought and effort into it, it makes you appreciate the game a whole lot more. Trophies force you do do things you may not have typically done, explore areas you may not step foot in and experience everything that a game has to offer.

Edited by mjan8935
  • Like 4

It's really easy to have a 90%+ profile. Just hide all games you're not actively working on, like me! lol. I'm mostly joking. I hid many trophies to make my list more orderly for my own viewing pleasure. I don't really think anyone looks at my list and cares about it besides me. So why worry about what they think about me having hidden games?

To answer other questions, The Last of Us was the first game to make me think about trophies. I finished the whole game, loved it. And I realized I only had 5% completion. I didn't seem right so I revisited it, this time with trophies in mind and realized I got so much more from the experience of actually completing it than I did finishing it.  So I decided I would try to complete more games that I liked in the past. Eventually, planning for 100% simply became my approach to play games. 

I had an old profile that I dumped a lot of time into. It was 12% completion average  and I worked it all the way up to roughly 65%. But was frustrated with games added by me or my kids back in the days where I didn't care. There were so many that I didn't ever want to play in the first place. So I started a new profile. If I unhid everything I'd be in the 65% range again but I'm not fussed about my completion average. The difference is I am interested in all the games on my profile this time around. Many of the hidden ones are things I restarted, but after a short time realized I was not enjoying trying to platinum them again. I'm assuming eventually I'll go back to them as more time goes by and I feel nostalgic for them. If not, I don't really care. My plans to hide things unless I'm actively going to work on them or have finished them remains. 

I started caring about my completion % and trophies in general because I wanted to start getting value out of my purchases. I saw trophy lists incompleted as money wasted and seeing the percentage going up was tangible evidence of me getting my money's worth. I first started caring about it in January 2015. The wayback machine page closest to around then has my profile completion % of > 40% with over 4000 trophies unearned.

I keep going with games I don't particularly enjoy because of the aforementioned waste of money but also because it's not just the games I like anymore. I like working to that next personal goal that I've made for myself. Under 1000 unearned, above 90% completion, no game below an A rank etc reaching those goals is as fun as the games themselves.

I don't 100% everything though. If it's a time sink because its a massive grind fest or has that need to try something for hours and hours until you get it, I call it a day. I've got a young daughter that takes up a lot of my time now so I don't want my gaming time to be taken up by a game I don't even like when there is little to no progress is being made.

I've basically finished my profile clean up to where I want it to be so it's just new games here on out. I hit 94% when it was all done so going forward it'd be nice to hit 95% and keep it above that

• Like 1

My two cents...

Why bother?

Once your started your hunt for trophies and earned a few platinums, there is actually no reason in turning back. The more completed games you have, the better it feels because you know you faced the challenges and won. You feel the progress. Why do people train hard in the gym? Why do people take part in the olympics? Why do people care for their garden looking good? Because it's fun to reach your goals. We all need some things to reach out for while being alive. So you ask: "Why bother?"

I'd say: Why not?

How do you motivate yourself to complete the games you didn't enjoy?

I found it to be motivating to see my percentages growing up slowly. Sure not every game is fun to play but I like to see it the same way like going to work. You'll get something in return. That's the motivation. I just reached my overall 90% completion lately. That was my goal this year, but we just are in the middle of February. Let's see if I'm able to reach 95%, that's the new goal.

When did you start this completion trend? From the start of your account or did you have to overcome a huge backlog to achieve this?

The first year I didn't care, but I had some friends who told me I should reach out for platinums because it's a good feeling. I didn't understand for a while. Then a friend told me I should try to get platinum in MGS3, which is one of my favorite games. I did that and it felt good. So I thought I also love GTAV, so I should give it a try there too. And beat that one. So I kept on going for a few more games and from there on I've been at the point of your first question. By now I've overtaken all of my trophy-hunting friends from the beginning by far. This puts a smile on me. 

Do you feel like 100% completion is an overall better experience than a normal playthrough (where you don't mind the trophies)?

Absolutely, because you will see much more content a game has to offer then by playing just for fun. Take my example of my first platinum in MGS3. I didn't even know about the super rare snakes being in that game before I heard about that trophy. And that's just one example of many in this game. And MGS3 is just one example of many games I played. So it's definitive a better experience. 

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

• Why bother?

Well various reasons, for one I feel like if you buy a game and want to get the most out of it, and also save money. May as well complete as much as you can out of all the games you have before you move onto the next thing.

That's easier than you think. Just don't buy games you won't enjoy, and don't force yourself to do grindy shit that you hate.

• When did you start this completion trend? From the start of your account or did you have to overcome a huge backlog to achieve this?

I was going for 100% on everything till I hit a fun but insanely hard game called Trash Panic and just thought fuck it, may as well just play games for fun or give up when it is too hard.

• Do you feel like 100% completion is an overall better experience than a normal playthrough (where you don't mind the trophies)?

Sometimes having 100% forces me to learn something new about the game or force me to go a secret place etc. Sometimes trophies can help the experience. Other times not.

I'm not sure if having 100% is better or not, I do find it sad that sometimes I won't go back to a game because I have 100% already but it does make me want to get near too 100% as possible on every game. If you play enough games and only have 3 to 4 on the go, eventually being over 90% is easy.

7 minutes ago, KondeBra said:

I'm going for a 90%+, but without stress. I'm just focusing on maintaining less than 1500 unobtainable trophies for now.

lol. I'm trying to go or under 500. But as time goes on, that gets harder and harder ;)

On 2/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, The Alchemist said:

That's actually most people who play games.

We make up a very small minority of gamers. I have a lot of games on Steam that I never bothered to get above 10 - 20 percent completion simply because I either didn't like them or I just never got around to playing them in full while I moved on. Plus there is a program that automatically unlocks Steam achievements and nobody gives a shit about cheaters, so there's no point in me even trying.

But I also don't have several hundred games just sitting there either. My guess is these people probably took advantage of PSN sales and they just happened to try out all the games they bought, only to find they didn't like them.

It's a number of things really. Lack of attention span is one reason but that isn't the only reason. I mean I still have games from my backlog thread that I've held since 2016 - 2017 that I STILL haven't gotten around to playing, but as long as I'm still going after trophies and platinums I will try my best to play them.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:47 PM, steel6burgh said:

i find by being a completionist that their are very few games I don't enjoy.  I have came across a few I didn't like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 so I didn't complete them. also, I'm a bit careful about playing a bunch of really crappy games, I do my research.  In the end If I put time and thought into what i'm playing it saves me from wasting money on games I would hate.   Trophy hunting doesn't make a lot of since to me.  Anybody can go out and pick a bunch of games up for sale and go home and half complete them.  Earning a bunch of easy trophies with high ownership like finish the prologue, buy your 1st skill, ect.   The challenge in this game is going above and beyond to unlock every trophy even though sometimes it forces you to do something you don't fully like.  Sometimes though I even draw the line if something is both long and awful/boring.  so to answer your question completing the games is whats fun for me.  Something else may be fun for you but I haven't earned shit until every last trophy in the game is accounted for.  A platinum without an S besides it is meaningless to me.

I don't feel you have to complete every single game to be a completionist. There is a difference in a person with a 100% account and one with a 90% account.  !00% doesn't impress me if the person is too careful with what they play.  I know very few 100% accounts that were daring enough to play whatever they wanted.  They are generally too picky and choosy about what they play.  A part of the fun in this is taking that risk in playing something that is unknown.  They tend to never play a game day 1, not play games they may be interested in, play all the series but the harder ones, ect all to keep that 100% intact.  

Anyone can play those shitty indie games that Ratalaika Games publishes and stacks them. But someone who goes above what most would probably do, like getting that horrible 'The Hunt Is My Mistress' trophy from Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor or getting that difficult 'Mein Leben' trophy from Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, I have a tad respect for them because chances are they had to really work to obtain those trophies. Plus getting all the DLC trophies done is always a good thing.

That's how I feel too. From the start I knew there was very little chance I was going to get a 100 percent account by any sense. In fact that's now impossible for me since the Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 servers are shut down. But I just don't think maintaining a 100 percent account is fun. You may spend too much time picking and choosing what game to play next, and if it's too difficult or time consuming you may skip it entirely even though that game may be a lot of fun.

I will add Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes. I may not get all the trophies, but I will do my best in getting them all, since Driveclub is a game I've had since 2016. Plus it's diving into a genre I really haven't delved in much at all, so it should be fun regardless.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mathieumatic said:
  • Why bother?

1. I do it because it's an effort you don't see in most people, the ability or desire to finish what they start no matter how bad it gets. (I'm this way with movies as well, 4,291 movies watched according to my IMDB, THERE ARE SOME BAD SEQUELS OUT THERE, for example I just watched all 6 soon to be 7, Wrong Turn movies the other day -_-.),

2. I quite simply ask myself if this is going to be the game that breaks my profile? Is this SO hard/bad/boring that I can't be bothered to continue and if so am I willing to throw all my hours of work staying at 100 away just to allow myself to stop playing this game? Most of the time I stay away from extremely hard games and just play those ones on my for fun account, but lately I've been expanding my guard a little to include more Ultra rares, I need to stop letting my 100% influence difficulty, I'll still avoid unobtainable stuff though at least on this account. Oh and no duplicate titles EVER, duplicates are a trophy hunter's push-up bra, looks great at a glance until you take a good look at what's really in there. ?

3. The urge to get away from backlogs on what is now my "for fun" account led to the creation of this account, starting out it was never my intention to be a 100% profile. I originally intended to just do trophy based speedruns, however to have a fastest achiever ranking you need to achieve 100% so they went hand in hand, around 40 games played I decided I'm gonna keep it 100. 239 GAMES LATER AND IT'S STILL HERE. A game called "Shatter" really pushed me today.

4. Yes and No.

Yes, because I never look through my trophy list and think wow I really need to go back and etc. etc. Also, there is a sense of accomplishment and pride that can't easily be described from having that sweet 100% on your profile, of knowing everything on your profile is COMPLETE.

No, because after awhile you find yourself avoiding certain games, because somewhere deep down you just know, "nah, I can't do that" (Super Meat Boy, Wipeout HD, Necro Dancer, ESO, Mirror's Edge, etc.), granted I have played every single one of those games, just not on this account, and unlike people who don't care about completion rates I can't just walk away when I lose interest or realize it's not gonna happen. I have to stick to it no matter how mad or angry I get, I am tied to that game till it's knocked out cold. Also, there's the nightmares LOL ?, but no ? I'm serious, sometimes I have nightmares of playing one of those close to impossible games and syncing a trophy into my account. The really bad ones are when the game has unobtainable trophies, I wake up sweating LMAO, rare to have dreams like this but they do happen every once in a great while.

In closing, it becomes an addiction one that sometimes I wish I truly had never started and others am glad I did. It's completely subjective and you won''t know what's down there till you're actually there looking over the edge at it.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1