How bad is the platty offline?

Also farming sunlight medals on ps4 was easier than the ps3 version because there was a second area where you could fight the enemies that drops them, at the forest before the Shrine. But keep in mind that you have to play some of the dlcs for the platinum in SotFS. Fume Knight and Sir Alonne weren't easy

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 3

On 2/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Also farming sunlight medals on ps4 was easier than the ps3 version because there was a second area where you could fight the enemies that drops them, at the forest before the Shrine. But keep in mind that you have to play some of the dlcs for the platinum in SotFS. Fume Knight and Sir Alonne weren't easy

Thanks, just beat fume knight, gonna work on alonne next.  anyone know if you can use a bonfire ascetic in drangleic to get wellager to sell the ng++ spells?

19 minutes ago, pksTOXIC said:

Thanks, just beat fume knight, gonna work on alonne next.  anyone know if you can use a bonfire ascetic in drangleic to get wellager to sell the ng++ spells?

No. You have to get there the normal way. You can farm Rotten with ascetics in order to open the Shrine doors though and skip most of the game in NG+ and NG++

• Like 3

ds2 has some brutal spikes in difficulty, that shames the difficulty of ds1. and the farming thing isn't too bad iirc I rarely play online and didn't have much trouble but just summon at bosses to save yourself time anyway. I always did everything solo first, then go back.

there's a couple bosses in dlc areas you only need to do em once and the 2 bosses are really nasty. you can kite the first but gotta bring a game to second, after that no other boss poses a threat except for getting to, and finally defeating darklurker boss, thankfully though you can respec at the drop of a hat whenever you like in ds2, as getting to darklurker is better as melee wearing heavy gear, but defeating better as mage.

it was tough, but fun.

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Sorry to revive this thread,

Currently I'm trying to platinum the Soulsborne games before moving onto Elden Ring properly and was wondering how would someone go around getting the spells from the covenants offline, as I believe some of them require pvp kills?

Very doable, just with some farming. I spent a few hours killing Falconers in Things Betwixt during NG+ for the sunlight medals

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Sorry to revive this thread,

Currently I'm trying to platinum the Soulsborne games before moving onto Elden Ring properly and was wondering how would someone go around getting the spells from the covenants offline, as I believe some of them require pvp kills?

Not bad, the covenant items can be farmed from regular enemies just pop the good luck medal and wack enemies repeatedly, like someone mentioned the DLC bosses were the only problem I had offline specially Alonne and his wacky hit box, Dark Souls 3 had a far more terrible grind if done offline like I did, farming Proof of Concord Kept and Vertebrae Shackles took me around 20 hours.

• Like 3