Trickster Key Bug

SG_Pfa

Hey guys!

So, I just bought every key from Vulgrim, found every key in the levels got my quest done telling me I got 27/27 keys. I opened all the Trickster doors and went to the last one in the Void but it wouldn't let me open the door. It says I need 6 keys for that to open but I only got 4 in my inventory. Am I missing anything? Is there more keys than what the quest demands?

On 18.2.2020 at 5:38 AM, A210221100 said:

check the arena rewardsi think the 2 you are missing are there as rewards

Only one key is a reward in the arena, all others are hidden in the missions.

I can confirm that if there was a bug it is now fixed. Accidentally opening trickster doors multiple times w'ont consume trickster keys in your inventory.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have a big problem with trickster keys...

I played all the game on online coop. My partner have 6 keys left, and me only 4. So i can't open the last trickster door on the void.

As you see on this video, i have found all trickster keys of the game :

I don't know what to do. Airship Syndicate doesn't answer me.... And i don't want to replay all the game.

The game is very very very buguy.

Edited by Ashesheart

On 09/03/2020 at 11:24 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

Do you have the most recent patch update?  

Yes the 1.01 i think

On 10/03/2020 at 1:51 PM, ChristosFoX said:

i think you have to try this trophy from a new save file, with the latest patch installed. if you played most of the game with the old version, you are screwed....

I have contacted Airship Syndicate, the next update will be big and it will bring a fix to te trickster keys bug so i am waiting on it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, the recent patch (last week) didn't fix my bug unless a developer from Airship Syndicate told me the opposite.

I have contacted them again and they didn't understand. I still have 4 keys instead of 6, and i bought/won all the 27 keys.

I don't know what to do :/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2020 at 10:49 AM, strangerGOL said:

I'm pretty sure the bug still exists in the 1.03 version. I think I've used one of the keys twice on the same Trickster Door, because according to my calculations I'm missing one key. I'm still pretty early in the game so I can't verify if I'm screwed or not.

If you have any doubt and if you are early in the game, i think you have to start a new game.

I have to do a new game to get the platinum trophy.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread didn't do a good job explaining this bug or what happens so I am going to explain it because it just happened in my game; however, it doesn't necessarily prevent you from getting the platinum.  I redid one stage I had already opened the trickster door in a prior time through because there was a health shard I couldn't get the first time due to not having the Aether Spark yet.  Well the trickster door was shut again despite the game recognizing that I had opened it on the stage select screen and within the quest tracker for opening every trickster door.  I chose not to open it because if you waste a single key reopening a door then you are effectively blocked out of the trophy for opening every door.

I have noticed this glitch on two different stages I have redone now so it seems it just happens in every stage once it triggers.  The best way to avoid having negative repercussions is to make sure you get every item behind the trickster door the first time you open it.. and don't open the one in "The Holdback" until you have Aether Spark in a later chapter.

EDIT:  I backed up my save then went and reopened a door that was saying it required 1 key to be opened again that I previously opened and it didn't take a key from my collection inventory.. so maybe it doesn't actually take keys away.  This means that there isn't really a way to lock yourself out of the platinum reopening doors unless the glitch is that sometimes it does take keys away when it shouldn't.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...