PlayStation Player Celebration

Aranea Highwind

4 hours ago, SanctifiedSword said:

1) 6 trophies max per day. Think of them like points. If all 6 trophies are multiplayer trophies then you'd contribute 12 "points" towards the total. If all 6 are single-player you'd contribute 6 "points" towards the total. Then you could also mix and match (1 single player, 5 multiplayer. Maybe 3 and 3). So if you earn 6 trophies a day the minimum "points" earned towards the community goal is 6 (all single player) up to a max of 12 (if all of them were multiplayer trophies).  

*This is from Section 5, paragraph "Goal requirements"  of their official rules, quoted here:

"For the Trophies Goal, trophies earned by each Entrant during a Stage will count towards the total number of trophies earned by the Community for that Stage, subject to a limit of 6 trophies per day. Trophies earned in games with a multiplayer component will count twice towards the total number of trophies earned by the Community for that Stage."

2) Everyone who signs up wins the avatars and themes depending on the community totals, but for the kit/real life trophy, you have to answer the question on March 17th at 11:00 AM PT. From the way it is worded, it sounds like only the top two who first correctly answer whatever question they will come up with, get the prize (see below for references).

*This is from Section 3, Subsection B of their official rules, quoted here:

" Part Two: On March 17, 2020, each Entrant will have a chance to win a set of additional prizes by answering a question that will appear on playstation.com/playercelebration at 11:00 AM PT."

* This is from Section 6, Paragraph 2 of their official rules, quoted here:

"The first two (2) Entrants who correctly answer the Part Two Question will win (the “Part Two Winners”) (as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion). In the event of any ties, a second question will be sent to the tied Entrants’ email addresses to break the tie, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules."

* This is from Section 8, Subsection B of their official rules, quoted here, in regards to Part Two:

"Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Part Two Prize Package depend on the number of Entrants who participate and the time when each Entrant answers the Part Two Question."

*Source:

Playstation Player Celebration Rules

A damn thorough and helpful response.  Thank you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I don't think I'd want this in my room ?.

The event sounds awesome though

Do you want it now that you know it's valued at $920?

I believe the rules stated the overall prize was worth $1100, so -$100 for the PSN Card and -$20 x4 for each of the games (I think they're all PlayStation hits games which makes them $20, right?), that leaves the Platinum trophies is worth $920.

Edited by Milktastrophe
Multipost, sorry if it gave you a ton of alerts poopooblast.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Do you want it now that you know it's valued at $920?

I believe the rules stated the overall prize was worth $1100, so -$100 for the PSN Card and -$20 x4 for each of the games (I think they're all PlayStation hits games which makes them $20, right?), that leaves the Platinum trophies is worth $920.

Haha, it was just a joke. I signed up anyway because why not? The chances of me winning anyway is like the lottery. (Pretty much 0%)

• Like 2

Gave me hard time registering as a UK account for some odd reason.

It kept giving me the green V telling me I'm registered, but when refreshing the page, it kept letting me register over and over and it wouldn't pop the PlayStation Experience side bar.

So I just went to the USA version of the page and pressed Register, the PlayStation Experience side bar finally popped up and I was able to complete the first 2 available goals.

Normally when going to US version of pages I get redirected, but not this time ?

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

That's weird, someone screwed up because the dynamic was supposed to be part of the milestones. The event hasn't even started yet.

I can confirm that they are on the store for free. No avatars though as far as I'm aware

Now what are they going to do? They're gonna have to add to it. 

This upsets me a little, I was kinda excited, even if the themes and stuff are not anything fancy

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

The links are already inactivated.  :( 

23 hours ago, Jekainden said:

I keep asking this but haven't received a reply:

Do PlayStation Vita trophies count?

There's sadly no mention of it anywhere. They should.

I'm going to try anyway.

Only PS4 games count for the community event.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, Aranea Highwind said:

It was obvious before the video made for them, especially when you can see at least 2/5 "exclusive" avatars they're providing have already been free to attain for months. Then you have the meshed "dynamic" theme re-using the exact same promotional art from the game cases for the games selected plus one or two random but non-special backgrounds, especially the Ellie one that was already used as both an avatar (one of the aforementioned examples above) and her own theme named after her. None of the three goal rewards are great. 

I'm just doing this for the participation aspect (and the Joel avatar I missed originally because Naughty Dog thought it was a good idea to lock—and probably pioneer other developers to—behind the more expensive editions of the game back in 2013).

Edited by EcoShifter