PlayStation Player Celebration

Aranea Highwind

14 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

Too late for yet another one of Sony’s promotions. This event seriously couldn’t have lasted longer than 2 weeks? Jeez..

>trophy hunter

>complains people earned all the trophies before he could enter

Edited by mako-heart

22 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

>trophy hunter

>complains people earned all the trophies before he could enter

So it depended on how fast people earned trophies? I thought Sony set the specific time until you can sign up, my bad then.

1 hour ago, Dark Prince said:

So it depended on how fast people earned trophies? I thought Sony set the specific time until you can sign up, my bad then.

Yeah, whenever I looked the game time was always maxed, and the trophies were already ~80%.

If it makes you feel any better, it might not have been available in your country?

1 hour ago, mako-heart said:

Yeah, whenever I looked the game time was always maxed, and the trophies were already ~80%.

If it makes you feel any better, it might not have been available in your country?

I just checked PS Player Celebration’s official rules and you’re right, my country is not even in this thing. I do feel better now because I know I haven’t missed anything that I could’ve got, lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SavedByBlood1717 said:

Any news on when we will get the notification for goals 2 & 3?

From what they said on Twitter at least, the stage 2 avatars should be this week. 

The stage 3 theme should be next week.

Edit:

Response given to someone who asked:

"we aim to have all reward sent via on-console notifications by the 6th of march for goal 1, 13th for goal 2, and 20th for goal 3"

Edited by SnizelPS

Just got a notification to download the avatars for Goal Two. This includes:

NEK9gyq.png

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, danceswithsloths said:

I would have loved to participate in this but apparently my registration didn't work? I registered the way I was supposed to, but haven't been getting the rewards... oh well. Did I need to do anything other than register using the Email they sent me?

Nope, you just register.

You don't even need to get trophies yourself.

I just got the 2nd tier reward 30mins ago...

They did say the plan on rolling the 1st reward by the 6th, which is now.

So you still have a chance of getting it today I guess.

• Like 1

SMH Sony.

2/5 of the avatars were already free on ps store or from before events. Good job reusing old crap to give to people Sony.

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

SMH Sony.

2/5 of the avatars were already free on ps store or from before events. Good job reusing old crap to give to people Sony.

Aloy was one of them right? I believe that free one was US exclusive during one of the previous events? It doesn't have the sky background like the last one but it's the same avatar nonetheless. What was the other one; Joel?

18 minutes ago, TheMarkopoloShow said:

Aloy was one of them right? I believe that free one was US exclusive during one of the previous events? It doesn't have the sky background like the last one but it's the same avatar nonetheless. What was the other one; Joel?

Uncharted and Last of Us for me.

edit: To be more precise, Nathan Drake and Ellie.

Edited by NERVergoproxy

Been given reason to complain once more...

On 3/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

SMH Sony.

I've made this same complaint twice already. Subsequently, there are technically a total of three or rather four reused avatars overall here as opposed to two...

On 3/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, TheMarkopoloShow said:

Aloy was one of them right? I believe that free one was US exclusive during one of the previous events? It doesn't have the sky background like the last one but it's the same avatar nonetheless.

What was the other one; Joel?

Yes, Aloy is reused, though I can't remember how that specific one was distributed, unlike every other 4 I have, not including the PPC one and the UK one (don't live in the UK). However, there is at least one (minor) difference with this one, which as you said is the removal of the sky background.

Technically, Joel's is also reused, but unlike the rest it's from last generation; someone thought it'd be a nice idea to lock this Joel avatar (along with an Ellie one) to purchases of the Pandemic and Survivors edition (voucher).

--------

Reusing this version of Nathan Drake and Ellie is legitimately and undeniably stupid. At least Joel and Aloy technically haven't been accessible anymore, so reusing them isn't as bad. Nathan and Ellie should have been Kat (one victim of timed exclusivity) and <insert another PlayStation character who's avatar was locked behind digital preorders or time-limited events>. 

Edited by EcoShifter

17 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

Nope, you just register.

You don't even need to get trophies yourself.

I just got the 2nd tier reward 30mins ago...

They did say the plan on rolling the 1st reward by the 6th, which is now.

So you still have a chance of getting it today I guess.

Hey, you were right! I finally got my notice yesterday, for both Goal 1 and Goal 2

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Hey, you were right! I finally got my notice yesterday, for both Goal 1 and Goal 2

Nice :)

Good thing for you that you didn't run into issues...

Some people say they got the 2nd tier reward but not the 1st lol

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Got the notification for the 2nd goal achieved but never the first one.  Whatev...

Did you sign up in time for the first round? If yes, you got to have it in your notifications some where, right? Reach out to Sony if you never received it and if it's important to you. Cool theme and avatar.

9 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Did you sign up in time for the first round? If yes, you got to have it in your notifications some where, right? Reach out to Sony if you never received it and if it's important to you. Cool theme and avatar.

yeah, I signed up before hand.  If it eventually pops up that is fine, not worth the extra effort to me ?

• Like 1