Trophies bugged?

det_gittes

• 6 months later...

It's been some time since I have read about it, but it seems the game is kinda tough and multiple playthroughs are needed to get all the trophies. To meet all alien lifeforms and find the most hazardous planet is somewhat based on pure luck, since the game will radomly generate a new galaxy/universe (not sure about the size) every single playthrough and you have to survive landing on that planet as well - against all odds. But if you check the rarity on PSN all trophies have been obtained eventually, so if there is a bug involved it's probably not a gambreaking bug, making the plat unobtainable.

Found this back in the days... maybe explains some of the ultra rare trophies.

https://thelongjourneyhome.gamepedia.com/Achievements

Edited by Gamez4Me2
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is bugged, but I cured Kirsten's cancer (Level 3) and didn't get a trophy (Remission Complete) I don't know if you need to find a "story" cure, but I went to the hospital and paid to have her 3 metastasis removed. Don't know if it comes back though. I'm 2 gates away from earth. The game is fun if you're into Sci-fi and space exploration themes. 

EDIT: So.. I finished the game last night and Kirsten's cancer (metastasis) did come back before I got to earth, so I guess the trophy does require some sort of story related cure other than the cure service you can pay for in the hospital. 

Edited by Macabro
New information

• 1 month later...

I've been coming to a similar conclusion, with respect to the stats that track things over multiple games.  Basically, it looks like the game isn't always saving this information when you find new relics, solve new problems etc (the stuff that's tracked and shown if you wait at the title screen a little).  I've been stuck at 21% relics, for example, even after finding new things that should count according to the wiki...  and the "global" save data didn't update (I'm assuming that's where this is stored).

Now, that's not directly important for us, since there's no trophy tied to these visible stats (unlike in the steam version), but it does indicate that there are some bugs here with the tracking which is probably the issue with Alien Nations.

What I'm not entirely sure of yet, is whether the tracking is completely broken with respect to certain things, if it's just (very) unreliable, or if it somehow gets corrupted (as in it starts out working... but eventually stops)?

I'm thinking about backing up my saves, starting fresh and paying attention to when the global save data updates and see when it fails etc to try to narrow this down.

But, a patch would be even better, so let's hope for that!

I have to agree with your tracking assessment. I recently did a seed that took about 50 hrs as i visited every planet in the galaxy looking for the legendary treasure compass for the wolpax. In this run, i acquired almost every artifact the ancients had to offer. When cross referencing the gamespedia item list i should have almost every item as i have acquires others on previous runs. However, just like you, my relic counter does not reflect as such.  Based on my runs i have not seen ancient statue, ancient tablet, ancient trophy, nuclear battery, trapped wisp and crystalized time.

Another bug I just encountered, i have 5 dreg on my ship and im trying to take them home as I used miriam to talk to them. Well the game cannot differentiate between the 5 when i try to deliver them so i can't take them home. Thinking of just feeding them all to the raxact to empty my ship and delete the quests. Frustration cannot begin to describe it.  

So, I tried deleting my "global" save file (after backing it up just in case), and seeing when it gets updated.  The bottom line:  It looks dire as far as figuring out a workaround.

I can confirm that this file is what keeps track of problems solved, relics found, ship typed encountered, and starbases/outposts.  Delete it and it's all 0%.  It's also got to be what keeps track of aliens encountered, if anything is.

So, I started a new game and did the following (from memory):

Encountered the Reeve

Did the starting Reeve quest

Encountered the Wolphax (at least two different ships)

Encountered a second Reeve probe (different from the one that starts the Reeve welcome quest, it was showing ???)

Docked at an Entrope base

Encountered the Wolphax that starts the Racing quest

Landed on a planet with a Ruin and got the Dreamweaver.

The game didn't make a "global" file until I got the Dreamweaver.  And even then it showed 0% relics (the rest seemed about right).

I deleted my global file and started over again with the same seed.  I did less than I did the first time and went more or less directly to the planet with the ruin.  I again got the Dreamweaver, but no "global" file this time.  So, it's not like there's even a consistent trigger for the information getting saved in the same seed.

Is it saving haphazardly?  Is it only saving when there's enough "new" stuff?  I don't know, but it looks like a mess whatever it is.  Last night I went through a whole game and it didn't save anything new to my global file (it still had the timestamp from the day before), even though I was finding new relics, and should have had new problems solved as well.  So, I don't think it's a matter of it only saving on some kind of a timed interval.

I'm going to move on to playing something else for the time being and see if they do patch this.  But, if anyone else is still trying for Alien Nations or is just starting the game, I'd pay attention to your "global" save file to see if it's updating (just try to Upload/Download save data and check the date of it) sometime after you encounter new aliens and before you finish that game.  If it's not, I'm sure they aren't counting for you.  Of course, I can't guarantee that this is the only problem with it either, so good luck!

Edited by dmland12

• 3 months later...

Did they ever fix the stat tracking problems? Also, is the Platinum obtainable? I ask because the Plat itself is at 0% but every trophy has at least 1 earner. This game is currently on sale and wouldn't mind picking it up but if there are major trophy glitches, I won't bother.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Did they ever fix the stat tracking problems? Also, is the Platinum obtainable? I ask because the Plat itself is at 0% but every trophy has at least 1 earner. This game is currently on sale and wouldn't mind picking it up but if there are major trophy glitches, I won't bother.

I played it recently and the stat tracking still seems to be an issue. I’m just a few trophies shy of the plat but I sunk over 200 hours (so Sony liked to remind me on the 2020 year end email) on this game and did multiple complete runs so I’m positive I have met the criteria for some of the trophies.

Waiting to see if the developer ever addresses it or sends out a patch to try again.

It truly is a fun game so it’s sad that I have to say buy at your own risk of never completing it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Studfox said:

I played it recently and the stat tracking still seems to be an issue. I’m just a few trophies shy of the plat but I sunk over 200 hours (so Sony liked to remind me on the 2020 year end email) on this game and did multiple complete runs so I’m positive I have met the criteria for some of the trophies.

Waiting to see if the developer ever addresses it or sends out a patch to try again.

It truly is a fun game so it’s sad that I have to say buy at your own risk of never completing it.

Bugger, it's really cheap as well but I can't afford to buy games with such serious problems :(. Thanks anyway :).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, Studfox said:

Could you do a hard wipe of your saves + reinstall and see if that helps? All trophies have been achieved, so it seems like the plat's theoretically obtainable.

The developer disbanded after the game didn't do so well on launch several years ago though, as far as I know, so it's pretty much guaranteed we're not getting a patch. 

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Could you do a hard wipe of your saves + reinstall and see if that helps? All trophies have been achieved, so it seems like the plat's theoretically obtainable.

The developer disbanded after the game didn't do so well on launch several years ago though, as far as I know, so it's pretty much guaranteed we're not getting a patch. 

Damn, I didn’t know that about the developer. 

After seeing how @dmland12 attempted to make heads or tails of the games saving issues despite starting from a fresh save, I’m chalking this one up to a loss.

Ultimately the “encounter all alien races” is the trouble maker and was only achieved by one person (assumedly before a patch that messed up the save system.) Attempting that trophy from scratch would take multiple runs and a lot of RNG.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 1:50 AM, Studfox said:

Damn, I didn’t know that about the developer. 

After seeing how @dmland12 attempted to make heads or tails of the games saving issues despite starting from a fresh save, I’m chalking this one up to a loss.

Ultimately the “encounter all alien races” is the trouble maker and was only achieved by one person (assumedly before a patch that messed up the save system.) Attempting that trophy from scratch would take multiple runs and a lot of RNG.

Has it gotten any updates? The option for "update history" is not even available for me on it, so I would assume not - it's also version 1.00. Ironically that person has all the trophies except the 'retrieve the treasure' one - maybe it's just pure RNG which trophies break?

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2021 at 6:30 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

The developer is actually the Publisher itself. Daedalic West was a secondary studio they closed, they're still making games (there the ones making the new Gollum game) and have access to everything the secondary studio did. It's just a matter if they will.

Btw is there a hard consensus on which trophies are possibly breaking? I was looking over the low completions and outside the meet all races it seems the others have a few people each. Makes me wonder if their broken or just oddly specific for the unlocks.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Has it gotten any updates? The option for "update history" is not even available for me on it, so I would assume not - it's also version 1.00. Ironically that person has all the trophies except the 'retrieve the treasure' one - maybe it's just pure RNG which trophies break?

You’re right, I could have sworn I saw some patches but maybe that was for the PC version. I think you’re also right about it being RNG to which trophies bug for which people.

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The developer is actually the Publisher itself. Daedalic West was a secondary studio they closed, they're still making games (there the ones making the new Gollum game) and have access to everything the secondary studio did. It's just a matter if they will.

Btw is there a hard consensus on which trophies are possibly breaking? I was looking over the low completions and outside the meet all races it seems the others have a few people each. Makes me wonder if their broken or just oddly specific for the unlocks.

Yeah if I had a nickel for every developer I’ve had no response from when I email them about a trophy bug I could buy at least a couple rata games.

I think the meet every alien race is the only one that is an issue for everyone, I’m having an issue with make enemies with all aliens but I think that’s because I made enemies on a few incomplete runs (died before making it home) and the games haphazard save system just didn’t count it. 

If you ARE going for this plat I would suggest only counting anything completed on full runs in hopes that the game will save and log your progress after the credits roll.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Studfox said:

You’re right, I could have sworn I saw some patches but maybe that was for the PC version. I think you’re also right about it being RNG to which trophies bug for which people.

Yeah if I had a nickel for every developer I’ve had no response from when I email them about a trophy bug I could buy at least a couple rata games.

I think the meet every alien race is the only one that is an issue for everyone, I’m having an issue with make enemies with all aliens but I think that’s because I made enemies on a few incomplete runs (died before making it home) and the games haphazard save system just didn’t count it. 

If you ARE going for this plat I would suggest only counting anything completed on full runs in hopes that the game will save and log your progress after the credits roll.

Yeah I've owned the game for a long time in hopes of attempting it eventually (love space sims) but at the time when I bought it, probably a good half of the trophies weren't achieved.

Btw in terms of updates one way to check is by pressing options over the the game application and checking to see if it has any version besides 1.0.0 within information tab. If it does it could mean there's been an update since release.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

On 3/17/2021 at 1:55 AM, Studfox said:

This is what I'm thinking, alternatively if incomplete runs just completely bug out the trophies, you could wipe all your data and then do a few story mode runs with seeds guaranteed to give you the aliens you need without dying in between. Would be time consuming though. Enemies would be easier since you could get all 8 in two runs; alien races I think counts minor aliens as well, though, which is frustrating.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Plat is not obtainable. I actually reached out to the 1 player who got the meet all alien achievement and he confirmed he got it early on before something happened to the save system. Dadelic also confirmed the alien list. So if you are a trophy hunter don't bother, that one trophy will mock you forever.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TIRANIE said:

Plat is not obtainable. I actually reached out to the 1 player who got the meet all alien achievement and he confirmed he got it early on before something happened to the save system. Dadelic also confirmed the alien list. So if you are a trophy hunter don't bother, that one trophy will mock you forever.

For that to happen there must be an update. What if the game saves properly only after you successfully complete it?

It's a  shame you didn't reply to this thread yesterday.

Edited by Deceptrox

Can someone who already installed the game check if there is an update or if the game is still at version 1.00 and there aren't any updates for the game? Thank you.

If the game is still at version 1.00 "Alien Nations" trophy should still be earnable despite being really buggy.

Edited by Deceptrox