Should I hide this game?

GamingWithFlacy

I have solitaire (unobtainable %100 due to broken game mode) and gwent (several unobtainable trophies due CDPR disabling without notice).

In my opinion, unless your completion is 97+%, then it doesn't matter because you aren't really near 100 anyway.  Even if you hide it, you'll still see it, you'll still know it's there, and you'll get a blue H next to your name showing you have something hidden

Up to you really 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaming-Kingdoms said:

Just want to ask the community what they do when they have an unobtainable platinum on their list? Multiplayer is shut and confirmed so should I hide it or keep it on my profile? (No sarcastic comments please)

There isn't any reason to do that, I don't want to assume to much but the only reason I can see someone thinking about that is if you had future plans to be a 100% profile, the problem is you get this big blue H on your profile that is synonymous with cheaters, hackers, people who had their trophies hacked in a lobby, and the occasional person who just doesn't want us to know he played (insert embarrassing game here lol) and we have no way of knowing what your personal blue H was for, just that your hiding game(s).

And it's because of those reasons that no one really respects a profile with hidden games on it, especially "100%" (if they did everyone could just hide their incomplete games and have a perfect profile, there'd be nothing special about it). If I'm completely off on this assumption about the 100% thing, my apologies.

I don't know how much it bothers you, but if you ever decide to start a 100% account again the best advice I can give you as someone who has a 100% profile is never start more than 1-2 games at a time. In all honesty better advice would be to not even get addicted to high completion rates to begin with, it's stressful as hell, addicting and I wish I had never done it. Sometimes I have nightmares about starting games like Super Meat Boy or Wipeout HD and earning a trophy on it so it can't be deleted, then I wake up and have to remind myself it was just a dream.....0_0 god I wish I was kidding.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

No, you shouldn't hide it. Hidden games mean manipulated stats, and that ain't cool. 

Your account is my nightmare fuel.....seriously impressive stuff. "Challenge accepted" indeed it looks like you only go after brutally hard games.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

There isn't any reason to do that, I don't want to assume to much but the only reason I can see someone thinking about that is if you had future plans to be a 100% profile, the problem is you get this big blue H on your profile that is synonymous with cheaters, hackers, people who had their trophies hacked in a lobby, and the occasional person who just doesn't want us to know he played (insert embarrassing game here lol) and we have no way of knowing what your personal blue H was for, just that your hiding game(s).

And it's because of those reasons that no one really respects a profile with hidden games on it, especially "100%" (if they did everyone could just hide their incomplete games and have a perfect profile, there'd be nothing special about it). If I'm completely off on this assumption about the 100% thing, my apologies.

I don't know how much it bothers you, but if you ever decide to start a 100% account again the best advice I can give you as someone who has a 100% profile is never start more than 1-2 games at a time. In all honesty better advice would be to not even get addicted to high completion rates to begin with, it's stressful as hell, addicting and I wish I had never done it. Sometimes I have nightmares about starting games like Super Meat Boy or Wipeout HD and earning a trophy on it so it can't be deleted, then I wake up and have to remind myself it was just a dream.....0_0 god I wish I was kidding.

The stuff about yours nightmares of Super Meat Boy is me too :P started this account to be 100% but I think after reading all your comments will leave it on. The offline was tough! thanks for the support everyone!

I personally don't think you should hide it or anyone should hide their trophies, unless it's absolutely necessary such as hacked lobby and hacked games, the reason being is because you earned the trophies and trophies are among other things something to show off and it's apart of your gaming history, I get wanting a 100% profile and the obsession behind that but personally I wouldn't look at someone's profile and think huh 99% completion their missing something they fail, I would more likely look to see what's stopping them from being 100% and if I can be bothered looking or know the game I'd be like oh that's why damn that sucks but look at everything else that's impressive. 

45 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

The other reason to hide trophies although it's rare is to just unhide them all and be like ha you thought that they were hacked no they weren't hacked I was collecting enough to catapult me up the leaderboards by x amount to troll you or make you think ha I beat that guy only to leave you still eating my trophy dust. 

3 hours ago, Gaming-Kingdoms said:

Just want to ask the community what they do when they have an unobtainable platinum on their list? Multiplayer is shut and confirmed so should I hide it or keep it on my profile? (No sarcastic comments please)

What do I do with unobtainables you ask? Well, I try to not let it happen in the first place but if it occurs then I show it on my profile. It's part of your account so why hide it? We still see that something is off with your account with hidden trophies. For me hidden trophies are way worse because you either hack, got hacked or aren't strong enough to show failures (if you consider unobtainbales a failue).

• Like 1

Go nuts, I hide trophies purely to manage my backlog, and have gone down from about 2000 hidden to whatever amount is on there now. At the end of the day, absolutely no one other than yourself really gives two shits about how you play videogames and earn trophies.

If it really bothers you to have that H on your profile, then go ahead and start another account (IMO a huge waste of time), or just leave it and move on, don't even hide it. Being that anal about something so inconsequential is pointless (to me), so just do what you want, because some of this unobtainable shit can come out of nowhere, and make a lot of effort and grind pointless in a moment, if you really give a shit about that kind of stuff.

That being said, 425 of your 439 plats are 'common', and your account is only 4 months old, so doesn't really seem like much will be lost here...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

I have just 1 bronze trophy in NBA2K16, that's means 1%...yeah, that sucks, i hate it but i don't want to hide it. I live with my mistakes as a trophy hunter.

Perfect answer :)

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hide nothing, so I personally wouldn't hide it. If your hope is to maintain a high completion account, I DEFINITELY wouldn't hide it because then my account would just be nonsense...

...but ultimately, it's not my account this time.

Think I’m going to take the advice given and not hide anything

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PFinchen said:

My profile is loaded with bad completion percentages, I have never hidden anything. I care more about the total number of trophies than the completion percentage, but that’s just me. 

Your profile is really interesting mix of games! Like hearing why people collect and for what reasons!

• Like 1

For games with unobtainable plats, I'd look at what maximum possible percentage you can get to on the trophy list before hiding the game altogether. Like, if Max% is less than 75, I'd hide it. But since this is PSNP, that highest possible % will most likely become the most common % after awhile. As far as I'm concerned, if you get every other trophy in the game, you still get bragging rights. If a remaster is released, then get that Plat and hide this one (which is what I do with Bioshock games and others like that). Until then, just get all possible trophies and move onto the next game

• Like 1

Considering that your profile is mostly littered with 30 minutes or less platinum stacks, I would hide my entire profile if I were you.  I know that everyone has their reasons, but averaging 78+ trophies a day playing games that were created with the shameless exploitation of trophy hunters in mind... no words.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

Considering that your profile is mostly littered with 30 minutes or less platinum stacks, I would hide my entire profile if I were you.  I know that everyone has their reasons, but averaging 78+ trophies a day playing games that were created with the shameless exploitation of trophy hunters in mind... no words.

We all game for different reasons. Important to respect others profiles. You got some great platinums on your profile fair play to you.

• Like 1