Platinum currently obtainable

JeManquedHygiene

Even the CQC trophies make this platinum almost unobtainable.

That's really sad because this game is incredible, unique and the last patches are really good.

But the achievement list is a big miss, forcing to do a lot of stupid things instead of just enjoying the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Even the CQC trophies make this platinum almost unobtainable.

That's really sad because this game is incredible, unique and the last patches are really good.

But the achievement list is a big miss, forcing to do a lot of stupid things instead of just enjoying the game.

CQC is a nightmare but still doable with a dedicated team. Best way I found for level 50 was to trade kills on 3 vs 3 matches, which will still take a lot of time. Also I was lucky enough to find a guy with 2 PS4.

9 hours ago, Vytautas20 said:

no big miss, lets just enjoy the game

I agree the game is enjoyable in and of itself. I mean, that's basically the only game of my completed list that I keep playing, so that shows how special it is to me. For that very reason however, I would be devastated not to have its platinum or be able to get it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As has been stated a number of times by FD staff - there won't be any CGs until at least after the Fleet Carriers release (see here). CGs take more effort to put in then you might think when you factor in the authoring, server updates, QA etc. The good news is we should be finding out more about the FC next week, and the release date is set for June.

Here is the answer from a frontier moderator.

If i had to guess we wont see any CG ever again. 

• Like 2

It seems that this guy is a moderator on Frontier Forums but not a part of the staff, so he doesn't know much more than we do. He's right though : there's a slight chance that CGs will be back with the release of fleet carriers in June, if only to give players something exciting to do with them.

If not, then our best bet would be New Era, which won't be around before early 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 2:39 AM, Shorah- said:

Here is the answer from a frontier moderator.

If i had to guess we wont see any CG ever again. 

thank you for the info. i just started playing ED so i obviously have no time put into community goals yet. i do hope they come back with the fleet carriers update, or at least soon after

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Shorah- said:

They pretty much confirmed on stream that community goals will never happen again.

I just checked and the statement is extremely ambiguous, as always. They basically said that community goals are "not in their roadplan RIGHT NOW", but if that changes they'll "let us know". So the possibility of getting them back with the Odyssey DLC is increasingly slighter but still exists.

I think you're right though, at this point I doubt we'll see them again.

• Like 1

Honestly working on new expansion/dlc or not. Stuff like community goals or events aren't hard to set up in a game. They could've easily rerun an old one or just throw in some simple one to pass the time.

Would it really kill them to spare a weekend towards setting that up?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Honestly working on new expansion/dlc or not. Stuff like community goals or events aren't hard to set up in a game. They could've easily rerun an old one or just throw in some simple one to pass the time.

Would it really kill them to spare a weekend towards setting that up?

Preach. I check for community goals every week. Its such a simple thing. If they don't want to continue them at least change the trophy.  

I think they really struggled with community goals.

Seems easy for us, but really hard to setup and maintain.

I can understand that.

What i don't understand is why they don't simply change the requirements for that trophy, knowing that the feature may not exist anymore.

And why they have a forum, a community manager team, a discord server, and we can't get a single answer from the dev team.

I try to stay polite but it's more than annoying.

You build a game as a service and never talk to your customers...

EDIT: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/can-you-make-the-platinum-trophy-obtainable-again.549327/page-2

If you guys wanna boost my thread. Maybe somebody, somewhere, sometimes will notice.

Edited by Shorah-
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

I think they really struggled with community goals.

Seems easy for us, but really hard to setup and maintain.

I can understand that.

What i don't understand is why they don't simply change the requirements for that trophy, knowing that the feature may not exist anymore.

And why they have a forum, a community manager team, a discord server, and we can't get a single answer from the dev team.

I try to stay polite but it's more than annoying.

You build a game as a service and never talk to your customers...

EDIT: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/can-you-make-the-platinum-trophy-obtainable-again.549327/page-2

If you guys wanna boost my thread. Maybe somebody, somewhere, sometimes will notice.

Amen, thats the only actual multiplayer trophy I have left and worked hard for the rest. I know its on me for not getting it done faster but still. I love the game and honestly this one trophy prevents me from even playing it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 6:46 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Great news folks, Frontier just confirmed that community goals are BACK, and should stick around for the next 2 years at least. 1f60d.png

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/narrative-additions-and-dev-diary-faq.554346/

This means the platinum is officially back in business !

Yes! That's such good news.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:31 PM, StressEater said:

I am really sad that I missed out on this game. I found out about it way late. Maybe I will get lucky and they will do a remake/ remaster for the PS5.

It's definitely not too late if you want to get into it, unless you want to scrap your PS4 as soon as the PS5 is out. The game is still bound to get a major DLC at the beginning of next year, and overall it's in a much better state and much more beginner friendly than it was when I got started.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

It's definitely not too late if you want to get into it, unless you want to scrap your PS4 as soon as the PS5 is out. The game is still bound to get a major DLC at the beginning of next year, and overall it's in a much better state and much more beginner friendly than it was when I got started.

Any idea when they will appear again? I didn't see any on log in and can't find any on the forus.

• Like 1