Kill Your Completion 12

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #3 - Dead Rising 4 - Preview

Lf001df.png

Developer: Capcom

Publisher: Capcom

Genre: Survival Horror

Price: 49,99€

Well, this is a completely new series for me. I've never played any of the Dead Rising games and even though I have the frist and 2nd one as well (don't have the third one because it's an Xbox exclusive), I went with the last installment. Main reason is that this one doesn't have the time constraints anymore.Funnily enough a lot of hardcore fans dislike this game for that very reason. As someone who generally dislikes time constraints in games, because I prefer to take my time and explore, Dead Rising 4 is a lot more appealing to me.

Anyway, this is one of those zombie games that has you craft all kinds of silly weapons and then mow down hordes of zombies with said weapons. I also beleive this game is open world, so maybe it'll play somewhat like Dead Island without the parkouring.

As for the developer/publisher, well it's Capcom and that speaks for itself. It's still one of my favourite game companies and I've been neglecting way too many of their games.

I had the first one for 360 and it was a fun silly game. I do not believe I ever completed a full cycle but it is fun grabbing any old thing and going to town on zombies. The timer was a little annoying as new enemies showed up on certain days like fighting soldiers on like day 3 I believe. It is more of a campy hack n slash than other zombie titles. 

23 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I had the first one for 360 and it was a fun silly game. I do not believe I ever completed a full cycle but it is fun grabbing any old thing and going to town on zombies. The timer was a little annoying as new enemies showed up on certain days like fighting soldiers on like day 3 I believe. It is more of a campy hack n slash than other zombie titles. 

Yeah, I've heard that the story in the 4th game is still as silly as ever. I'm all for a game that's just mindless fun.

19 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Game #4: Layers of Fear

I didn’t get to the DLC, Inheritance,  yet so I can’t speak to it but if it plays like the main game, I expect I’ll enjoy it.

I love Layers of Fear, but didn't find the DLC as enthralling. To me it felt more like an acid trip, and thus felt a bit out of place.

• Like 1