Kill Your Completion 12

35 minutes ago, purgta said:

I kind of regret choosing only five games. It feels like I am falling behing everyone else who chose six.

I kind of regret not going with 5 and deciding on the one Vita game earlier.  6 is great for doing an even amount per platform, but if you pick a bunch of longer games it definitely feels more like I'm falling behind.  At least my later games have been a bit more reasonable with trophies compared to my first two very stingy games and I should be able to finish my next game in the 5 days since it's shorter and I get to start it as my weekend starts.

But nothing stops you from doing a bonus game if you want to.  A few of us have done a bonus game.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

Speaking of Falling behind. I've jst barely finished the first chapter in Toukiden 2 and still feel like I got very little prgoress done after 10 hours. I'll be swapping out my other RPG with a less time-consuming game. (As such Beholder 2 will take the spot of Moonlighter.

In the interest of keeping up with the event,  I have to make some changes to my games. Danganronpa & Horizon Zero Dawn are getting dropped while Exist Archive & Ni no Kuni  are moved to starting dates of the 22nd & 27th, respectively. I've just got too much going on between RL & all the massively long games I've already started to maintain 10 games this round. My goal is to catch up on my Bad Apple Wars & Spider-Man reviews sometime this weekend.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-21 at 7:21 PM, hittheroadbucky said:

This sounds super fun 1f913.png my completion is only at 42% though so I probably shouldn’t kill it anymore than I already have 1f602.png I do have a pretty hefty backlog of games that I haven’t started yet though 1f914.png 

The list of 0% games I have are: 

Amnesia Collection

Assassins Creed Freedom Cry

Beyond Two Souls

Bloodborne

Batman Return To Arkham

Batman The Arkham Knight

Bulletstorm

Child of Light

CoD Black Ops 3

CoD Modern Warfare

Darksiders 2 

Darksiders 3

Dead by Daylight

Destiny 2

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Dragon Age Inquisition 

For Honour

Forma.8

Friday the 13th

God of War 3

Hitman

Hatoful Boyfriend

Horizon Chase Turbo

Journey

Just Cause 3

Laser League 

Nioh

Outlast 2

Path of Exile

Rayman Legends

Rebel Galaxy

Sniper Elite 4

Sonic Mania

Star Trek Online

The Forest

The Evil Within

The Surge

Titanfall 2

Uncanny Valley

Watchdogs 2

Xcom2

Most of these were freebies I’ve got over the years or picked up super cheap in sales and just never got round to 1f914.png

Dead by Daylight is an interesting one. Either you’ll really enjoy it, or dislike the slow & punishing nature of the game and hop off after a match or the queue times will kill you.

5 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Dead by Daylight is an interesting one. Either you’ll really enjoy it, or dislike the slow & punishing nature of the game and hop off after a match or the queue times will kill you.

My boyfriend and I actually have Dead By Daylight downloaded and we’re looking to give it a try but we’ve not got around to it yet ? We ended up playing Journey to the Savage Planet first which has been really fun, still need to finish off some things for the plat though 

Though real life has bitten me in the bum this month so the whole challenge hasn’t really gone to plan and I’ve only managed to play my first game ? I’ve been juggling my uni work along with my actual job (which has included overtime now that the virus has really broken out in the UK) plus a bereavement in the family has meant that the few hours of game time I’ve had I haven’t really felt like trying out new games. I did try God of War 3 last night but I was really tired so I only got as far as the first save point before I got off ?

I’ve been enjoying everyone else’s posts though and seeing first impressions of games that I necessarily wouldn’t have looked at before. Sorry my participation has been an E at best ?

On 3/21/2020 at 1:10 AM, DamagingRob said:

Game #4, Final? Review

L758121.png

Red Dead Redemption II

Well, I never did get back to the single player. After spending two days not playing anything, I just decided to jump into the multiplayer. ...And what a fucking mistake that was. Part of me wishes I could go back in time, and stop myself from buying this. :/ 

Reveal hidden contents

PS-Messages-20200321-005637.jpg

Yikes! I was hoping your review would prod me into buying this. Now I'm not so sure.  I can handle MP trophies if it's a time investment; like in Battlefield I where you need to level up a few times. You might need to put in a few hours, but the trophy will certainly be achieved at some point. But I'm not sure I have the stamina for the MVP trophy. 

I'm still curious how you find the SP campaign. If you find it redundant (i.e. AC Origins), I'll avoid this one. 

3 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Yikes! I was hoping your review would prod me into buying this. Now I'm not so sure.  I can handle MP trophies if it's a time investment; like in Battlefield I where you need to level up a few times. You might need to put in a few hours, but the trophy will certainly be achieved at some point. But I'm not sure I have the stamina for the MVP trophy. 

I'm still curious how you find the SP campaign. If you find it redundant (i.e. AC Origins), I'll avoid this one. 

Haha, yeah. I might have just went about it the wrong way. Apparently, if I had done the grind to Rank 50 first, I could have used a horse with unlimited stamina to easily win races. But I hadn't started really working for that, because I didn't have enough gold for the role everyone recommends. You'll either need to grind for that first, or drop $5 to just get the gold and begin. 

• Like 1

Just touching base, I hope to get my Game #6 review up later today.  That said, Game #7: Record of Agarest War, that I was meant to be playing the last 3 days went untouched due to RL so I'm just going to skip it.  Hopefully, I'll have time to get into Game #8 today (won't say what it is yet).  Work has just been insane with all the Real World stuff that has been going on but we think we have got all the modifications our current environment has forced us to put in place done so I'll cross my fingers and hope for a little less spinning from the powers that be.

24 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

A few inconveniences to note; loading times between battle modes & when opening the menu. The battles are turned base with an attacking & guarding phase. Taking actions though feel out of sync, making it hard to earn combos. & then there’s a prolonged delay when opening the menu. The game pauses like you just tried to open 20 tabs & then slowly catches back up. It’s really strange & makes me think the game is going to freeze. From what I’ve been reading in the menu, there’s things I haven’t even gotten to yet like different skill sets. I’m interested to keep progressing through the game but feel like it’ll be slow going. Already 2hrs in with multiple quests done & I haven’t even been introduced to skills. Guess it’s an UR plat for a reason.

Yes it is a UR plat for a reason.  It's grindy, the mechanics aren't well explained and the info on the game is sparse.  I know I posted some good info on the forums while I was working on it.  I don't think the game ever really introduces skills beyond what it gives when new characters join.  You can increase them via the menu though.  First things you want to go for is the training ability and get Mayura's class up so she can spam heals every turn.  Otherwise focus on each character maxing out their class first, then any unique skills they get.  You'll be doing a lot of grinding, but I admit I really enjoyed the game and missed playing it once I got the plat.

Are you playing the game on Vita or PS4, btw?  I got the plat just fine on Vita, but there are some known issues you'll want to be aware of if you are playing that version that don't apply to the PS4 version.  It won't affect you until later in the game but definitely made getting the speedrun times a bit trickier because the main tactic that is used will freeze the Vita version.