Guide approval review time?

barrymcg

49 minutes ago, Happy said:

Completely depends on how busy the guide team is at the moment. They're currently picking out the guide of the year so that's probably why it might take a little longer than usual.

Yep, each of us is going through 15 guides for the Guide of the Year Awards, so guides will take a bit longer to review until New Year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starflakes said:

1-3 days normally. Maybe a couple days more now since it's close to the release of the new website and other things need to be addressed as well.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yep, each of us is going through 15 guides for the Guide of the Year Awards, so guides will take a bit longer to review until New Year.

Thanks for the info people. Just curious as i thought it would be within a day but i suppose with the time of year and the guide of the year it makes sence that it will take longer.

Im thinking the witcher 3 will win

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Hey, so exactly like Starflakes said, usually 1-3 days but with the new site update right now a little longer. There are two guides in the queue right now, yours is up next! ;)

Good to know thanks.

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Hey, so exactly like Starflakes said, usually 1-3 days but with the new site update right now a little longer. There are two guides in the queue right now, yours is up next! ;)

Just made some final adjustments. Its my first guide iv done

• 3 years later...

It varies based on how busy the guide team members are, I think. I've had some that were reviewed quickly, and some that were reviewed slowly.

One thing, though - I often fail to notice that the guide has changed from "pending" to "please edit" (or whatever the non-published tier is). Check back fairly regularly.

12 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Sometimes guides sit in limbo indefinitely. I've had a guide for Castles sitting essentially complete for years now.

I checked our system and it looks like there was never a guide for Castles that was submitted for us to review. In that case it's still in unpublished mode right now and we wouldn't be able to see it in our review queue until you hit the "submit for review" button in the guide settings area :hmm:

• 10 months later...

So i heard it took between 1 and 3 days to get feedback on your trophy guide but that was over 4 years ago, how long does it take in 2021? I don't want to seem mean or impatient but i made a tropy guide and i'm currently waiting 14 days for feedback. is this because there are way more trophy guides now? or is it just this moment that there are a lot of trophy guides written, or is it because of all the holidays? this is not a message to complain at all and don't want to rush the team of psnprofiles because they're doing a great job, but im just curious if there are any things that slow it down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelkeh11 said:

So i heard it took between 1 and 3 days to get feedback on your trophy guide but that was over 4 years ago, how long does it take in 2021? I don't want to seem mean or impatient but i made a tropy guide and i'm currently waiting 14 days for feedback. is this because there are way more trophy guides now? or is it just this moment that there are a lot of trophy guides written, or is it because of all the holidays? this is not a message to complain at all and don't want to rush the team of psnprofiles because they're doing a great job, but im just curious if there are any things that slow it down.

5 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

My guide is still under review since January 1st 2021. It’s a long guide for sure but it only took me a week to write it all down so it doesn’t make sense to take another 8 days (& going) for review. Guide team doesn’t even read messages now.

Have either of you directly messaged anyone from the guide team?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

1 minute ago, jelkeh11 said:

no, i have not. i didn't want to do that because it sounds impatient

I think that's the better way to get an answer to your question for your specific situation, rather than rile a bunch of people up in the forums with their anecdotal experiences on a thread that the guide team members might not even see to be able to respond.

• Like 2