Question about the leveling glitch.

Taliesin_2943

I had a thought pop in my head and wondered if anyone knew the answer. If say someone got up to level 11 or 12 and so had 10 or 11 diamonds could they level down by placing and removing diamonds them perform the level 30 glitch then place those diamonds and level down from 30 to 20/19 just by removing the diamonds?

If I remember correctly, you wouldn't have any diamonds left to get down to 20 fron 30. I'm pretty sure getting to level 30 using the glitch does not give you diamonds back. Someone else may need to confirm this but I'm 99% certain theres no way to de-rank from 30 if you've already used the glitch

Just now, AlienSteam said:

If I remember correctly, you wouldn't have any diamonds left to get down to 20 fron 30. I'm pretty sure getting to level 30 using the glitch does not give you diamonds back. Someone else may need to confirm this but I'm 99% certain theres no way to de-rank from 30 if you've already used the glitch

Why would you lose all your diamonds tho? Don't they just go into your unused pile once removed? 

Each time you remove a diamond to de-rank you lose that diamond, because technically if you are say level 7, you should have 7 diamonds, if you de-rank to level 6 you should only have 6 diamond, so de-ranking to level 6 and still having 7 diamonds would be an anomaly of sorts. 

I definitely didnt have any diamonds left after de-ranking from 20 to initiate the glitch.

Edited by AlienSteam
Extra info

The suggestion in the original post wouldn't work. Every time you rank down, you'll be given the maximum diamonds at that level. So if you rank down all the way to lvl1, you'd have 0 diamonds.

The leveling down / respec diamonds mechanic works like this:

You get dropped to the previous level and you get to re-allocate all the diamonds that you should have at that level. If you have all 18 diamonds slotted, you are unable to perform this respec as there's no benefit.

Now I'm not entirely sure if you are given any diamonds if you rank down from lvl1 to lvl30 (where you should have 18 diamonds). I don't think this is the case since it's kind of a glitch related to the integer value that stores the XP. Not sure how it would behave if you had a diamond and went straight from lvl2 to lvl30 via negative XP. Maybe it would let you keep the diamond, maybe not. It wouldn't be all that practical either way as you'd have to get all the manuals anyway for trophy completion, and grinding them takes about as long as it does to get XP all the way to lvl20.

Edited by IDiivil

• 3 weeks later...