Prepared To Die?

dontwaketheKIDS

Anyone playing this yet? I've spent about three hours so far and just figured out how the multiplayer works. I love how the game throws you in the middle of things and forces you to figure things out on your own with limited help. It really lends itself naturally to exploration and experimentation. Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up in game feel free to send me an invite.

• Like 1

Anyone playing this yet? I've spent about three hours so far and just figured out how the multiplayer works. I love how the game throws you in the middle of things and forces you to figure things out on your own with limited help. It really lends itself naturally to exploration and experimentation. Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up in game feel free to send me an invite.

it seems you are new to this one, but for me its old because i have been playing demon's souls for more than 500 hrs. i believe that multiplayer should be always like that specially in RPG games

I got this last night... I actually didn't pre-order this because i didn't think i wanted to get it with all my other games that came out in the last month... but im glad i did... i never platinum'd demons souls but i did play through it about 4 or 5 times and really liked it.

I haven't even gotten to a place where i can co-op yet

I'm kicking myself I didn't pre-order, but retailers have had a limited supply of the collector's edition. So even if you've pre-ordered it didn't guarantee you'd get the collector's edition. That would make my blood boil, even though it was technically a free upgrade.

I've been reading co-op is broken somewhat as well too given that there aren't dedicated servers. You are apparently only connected to a limited number of people because of this, making co-op with friends near impossible. In some cases folks have reported not seeing players ghosts, bloodstains, etc. Has anyone tried to play with someone on their friends list yet?

I haven't been able to play co-op simply because i still haven't gotten to that point yet (i have been following the "prepare to die" mantra)...

but that is a little disheartening because one of the major reasons for me getting this game was to co-op with specific friends...

Wouldn't worry about the Collector's Edition. It's been dumbed down so much it's hardly worth the $60 pre-order.

I have noticed a trend with that actually... Atelier Rorona and Ar Tonelico special editions came with a very nice hard back art book that you got JUST for pre-ordering it early... and now every special edition game that ive gotten this year is a tiny paper-back art book and it costs $10 extra... these "collectors/special editions" have been labeled as such but they have hardly been "special" at all...

I'm kicking myself I didn't pre-order, but retailers have had a limited supply of the collector's edition. So even if you've pre-ordered it didn't guarantee you'd get the collector's edition. That would make my blood boil, even though it was technically a free upgrade.

I've been reading co-op is broken somewhat as well too given that there aren't dedicated servers. You are apparently only connected to a limited number of people because of this, making co-op with friends near impossible. In some cases folks have reported not seeing players ghosts, bloodstains, etc. Has anyone tried to play with someone on their friends list yet?

I tried to hook up with my good buddy Piggie_Pie but it didn't work. Not only is it near impossible to hook up w/friends but hooking up with anyone has the tendency to be extremely difficult. I've so far spent about 3 hours doing nothing but trying to co-op and only had 1 successful attempt. I've tried in both body and soul form and starting up a multiplayer game has been the most difficult part of this damn game, which is saying something in a game this difficult. I've heard of success stories where friends of mine are getting summoned or summoning others all the time but I haven't experienced any success myself.

I'm enjoying slowly making my way through Dark Souls - I just finished the Depths and started gearing up for the trek into Blightown. I've had some great fun the last two nights being summoned to help clear the Depth's boss. I wish these co-op encounters weren't so random in nature, but I've generally had a good experience with it.

Favorite thing about Dark Souls - I love how you can be so comfortable one minute in an area you've conquered only to be thrown into the uneasiness and uncertainty the moment you step foot in a new area. The constant and consistent anxiety over what's literally around the corner is amazing.