"Bye Bye", activision shutdown a few legacy games.

ArK_TatiCo

Thankfully the only game I have on here is Wolfenstein, but it certainly does suck. There is another, more detailed thread for this topic though. I would double check there and see if any of the games you have listed here are not on their definitive list, and comment about updating it.

14 minutes ago, Givaldo150 said:

I still don't understand why those companies shut down servers on PS3/PS4/Vita, on PC, some games from late 90s still have servers on, like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena.

Some games still have their player count high enough to justify server upkeep, and games with P2P servers require less server counts to allow for continued connections. Games on all platforms can have their servers shut down for a multitude of reasons (ie: Lawbreakers).For some older games, maybe companies forget about the servers and never shut them down. Unfortunately, unless you're one of the people working on servers (or shutting them down), there's no real way to tell why a multiplayer has been closed down, besides a company going out of business or complete lack of players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Of the games on that list, the only ones with online trophies are the following:

• 007 Legends
  • 007: Quantum of Solace - The servers have been knackered for years so the Plat was unobtainable anyway.
  • Band Hero
  • Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 - Offline ever since the Facebook app was removed from the PS3's OS a few years ago.
  • DJ Hero
  • DJ Hero 2
  • GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica
  • James Bond 007: Blood Stone - The servers have been knackered for years so the Plat was practically unobtainable anyway.
  • NASCAR The Game: Inside Line
  • Tony Hawk: Shred - This was shutdown years ago.
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon
  • Wolfenstein

...and of those, Wolfenstein is still up and running for the time being but you can only get the online trophies if you played the game a few years ago, because the stat tracking is shot to hell for newcomers.

I thought it was only if you first made your account a few years ago. So you had to start the game a few years ago? Because I made my account before the game even came out.

For fuck sake of course Band Hero is gone. It would have taken me like ten minutes with decent players to get the last few trophies in that but getting 4 people together in a session for a dead game like that is borderline impossible here. Mind you it's still technically possible but I would have to get people in real life to do it which just isn't happening anymore.

• Like 1

NONE of those games had any real activity in their multiplayer outside of the odd person here and there. Shame about Wolfenstein though, but I was going to skip on that entirely anyway because the multiplayer from what I heard was pretty glitchy.

Now it's more games that KingSuperOne is going to have to check on his trophy account review videos on YouTube.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

NONE of those games had any real activity in their multiplayer outside of the odd person here and there. Shame about Wolfenstein though, but I was going to skip on that entirely anyway because the multiplayer from what I heard was pretty glitchy.

Now it's more games that KingSuperOne is going to have to check on his trophy account review videos on YouTube.

A notification upfront would've still been nice though.
I completely forgot that I owned DJ Hero 1 and 2 and would've done an effort getting those online trophies if I knew it was going to be offline soon. I only started hunting achievements a year or two ago on Steam and PSN, so the backlog is tremendous and I'm working my way through slowly, doing my best to try and get games as soon as I can.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 0:20 PM, Givaldo150 said:

I still don't understand why those companies shut down servers on PS3/PS4/Vita, on PC, some games from late 90s still have servers on, like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena.

Because those PC games can be played on any PC platform and they're not connecting to PSN and paying a service fee for the ability to do so. You're comparing a service on an old and discontinued software and hardware platform to a platform that has no such limitations. Apples and Oranges

• Like 3