JFL_Leon

what instruments are needed?

24 posts in this topic

hey everyone :)

 

was just wondering what instruments are need for this game as i am looking to complete all 51 lego games in the series. also i know there a different types that can be used if anyone can please send me to links to what i have to buy. i dont want to buy the wrong thing and waste my money xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a mic, two guitars and a drum set.  Also, there's a reason why not many folks have the platinum.  If you can't play expert on guitar, you pretty much have no chance of getting the platinum because of The Final Countdown :silver: 

Edited by grimydawg
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grimydawg said:

You need a mic, two guitars and a drum set.  Also, there's a reason why not many folks have the platinum.  If you can't play expert on guitar, you pretty much have no chance of getting the platinum because of The Final Countdown :silver: 

 

I'd say it's harder to find a full set of instruments that actually work nowadays than actually getting that trophy lmao

 

And also yeah like Grimy said, don't expect to get this platinum easily.. The final countdown is pretty damn tough and it requires a lot of dedication to get good enough to get it.

Edited by SlimSanta94
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder - will Guitar Hero instruments work with LEGO RockBand? I mean guitar and drums. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

I wonder - will Guitar Hero instruments work with LEGO RockBand? I mean guitar and drums. 

I know from personal experience that the Guitar Hero World Tour drum kit works, as well as the Guitar  Hero 5 guitar.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

I wonder - will Guitar Hero instruments work with LEGO RockBand? I mean guitar and drums. 

Yes

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You for Your answers.
I have another quite a prosaic question. How to connect 4 instruments to the PS3? First guitar - first dongle. Second guitar - second dongle. Microphone - from what I read, it connects like DualShock 3, via Bluetooth. Drums? Has its own dongle, but where to plug it in, since the PS3 only has 2 USB ports?
Do you need to buy a special USB HUB? Or maybe the first PS3 60GB models with 4 USB ports?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

Thank You for Your answers.
I have another quite a prosaic question. How to connect 4 instruments to the PS3? First guitar - first dongle. Second guitar - second dongle. Microphone - from what I read, it connects like DualShock 3, via Bluetooth. Drums? Has its own dongle, but where to plug it in, since the PS3 only has 2 USB ports?
Do you need to buy a special USB HUB? Or maybe the first PS3 60GB models with 4 USB ports?

 

You can buy any cheap USB hub, no need for something special. Did it that way with 3 dongles and an USB mic when I platted GH Warriors of Rock.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

Thank You for Your answers.
I have another quite a prosaic question. How to connect 4 instruments to the PS3? First guitar - first dongle. Second guitar - second dongle. Microphone - from what I read, it connects like DualShock 3, via Bluetooth. Drums? Has its own dongle, but where to plug it in, since the PS3 only has 2 USB ports?
Do you need to buy a special USB HUB? Or maybe the first PS3 60GB models with 4 USB ports?

The rock band dongles have their own usb ports, at least the beatles set does. 2 ports per dongle, which let's you plug other things in like the microphone

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guitar Hero dongles also have 2 USB ports on them. Standard drums and mics are wired with a USB connector that you plug into the guitar dongles.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen, old Guitar Hero/Rock Band accessories are pricey these days. It's not worth it just getting into these games now unless you're willing to spend a boatload on a bunch of used up plastic junk in which I'd tell you you're crazy if you did just to get some trophies but that's just me. Just buy a real guitar and learn how to play it, it would be more worth your time and your money would be better spent that way. 

 

If you're going to do it anyway, from my experience having been a very serious Rock Band/Guitar Hero player back in its heyday, the Guitar Hero guitar controller is far superior than the Rock Band ones and the Rock Band drums are far superior to the Guitar Hero ones and they're all compatible with each other so you can use Guitar Hero controllers with Rock Band and vice versa. That's the combination to go with if you want the easiest time. You'll still have a massive learning curve ahead of you if you want to platinum the games unless you're musically experienced or have played them before. It takes hundreds of hours of practice to be able to work yourself up to expert difficulty which is required to platinum all the rhythm games. It's not easy even if you are good. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

As someone who managed to beat "black widow of la porte" on expert on gh wor, i can tell you the final countdown is nowhere near that difficult, although it will take quite a few months (if you never played any guitar hero) to be able to get through it

Edited by Hekyus
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hekyus said:

As someone who managed to beat "black widow of la porte" on expert on gh wor, i can tell you the final countdown is nowhere near that difficult, although it will take quite a few months (if you never played any guitar hero) to be able to get through it

It's less about the song itself and more about the engine you have to play it in. WoR was considered one of the best engines to play on back in the day, and was the go-to before Clone Hero came around. Compared to the RB2 engine (the one that LEGO RB is based on) which is a lot stricter on timing and has a much harder hammer-on mechanic, which this solo basically relies on.

 

This trophy and the song wouldn't be anywhere near as difficult, if this was a Guitar Hero game, but as it isn't, the only reliable way to get the trophy is by using the RB guitar's solo buttons which removes the need for strumming entirely (while in a solo) and makes this trophy much easier.

 

With that being said, you certainly could get the trophy with a Guitar Hero controller, but I believe you may be surprised by the difficulty if you were to attempt it.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hekyus said:

As someone who managed to beat "black widow of la porte" on expert on gh wor, i can tell you the final countdown is nowhere near that difficult, although it will take quite a few months (if you never played any guitar hero) to be able to get through it


Are you really saying getting the solo of Final Countdown 100% is easier than passing Black Widow in GH? I refuse to accept that opinion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bezenko said:


Are you really saying getting the solo of Final Countdown 100% is easier than passing Black Widow in GH? I refuse to accept that opinion.

 

Keep in mind it's only one solo and the pattern repeats, now go and watch BWOL and tell me which solo (from the many it has) is easier, not only that, the riffs themselves are way difficult for anyone who never played gh or rb

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, mega-tallica said:

From what I've seen, old Guitar Hero/Rock Band accessories are pricey these days.

 

I'd recommend checking local craigslist instead of ebay. Cheap Rock Band/GH instruments are listed frequently here and you can avoid shipping costs. Only problem I've seen with local listings is that they're usually missing the guitar dongles, so those may be the most expensive piece.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hekyus said:

 

Keep in mind it's only one solo and the pattern repeats, now go and watch BWOL and tell me which solo (from the many it has) is easier, not only that, the riffs themselves are way difficult for anyone who never played gh or rb


Passing BWOL is a piece of cake. Just use star power during the harder parts.
Trying to FC TFC's solo is on a whole other level. I've been playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band for 10+ years and I still can't manage to do it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, ViperLance34 said:


Passing BWOL is a piece of cake. Just use star power during the harder parts.
Trying to FC TFC's solo is on a whole other level. I've been playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band for 10+ years and I still can't manage to do it.

 

You can't even compare a song that's basically full of power chords, and the only solo it has it's a repetitive pattern that you basically just need to know how to put your fingers and press the same buttons (at least on gh), to a constantly changing song with a solo after another.

 

I assume you're just baiting, so i wont go further

Edited by Hekyus
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hekyus said:

 

You can't even compare a song that's basically full of power chords, and the only solo it has it's a repetitive pattern that you basically just need to know how to put your fingers and press the same buttons (at least on gh), to a constantly changing song with a solo after another.

 

I assume you're just baiting, so i wont go further

Unfortunately mate, I think you'll find it is you who is comparing apples to oranges here.

 

I'll admit, I was looking forward to going back to GH:WoR to try out this impossible song for myself, but try as I may, I was unable to get past the barrier of having to finish the main campaign to actually attempt the song (TFC doesn't have this restriction btw, it is unlocked from the very start). As much as I owe the GH games another playthrough at some point, I wasn't looking to spend hours of my time going through the whole campaign just to unlock 1 trophy on a game that I will never platinum.

 

However, I didn't want the opportunity to go to waste, so I opened up the song in Clone Hero instead as a compromise. Now I know I have said previously that Clone Hero is one of the easiest of these types of games to get into, but GH:WoR isn't far behind, even on the PS3 version, so there shouldn't be too much of a difference overall. With that being said, after clearing the song in only an hour, I don't quite think this is the challenge you think it is. The engine that these games use is far easier for hammer-ons than the RB engines are, this has been common knowledge for years at this point. On top of that, the difference between a pass and an FC run are massive. If this BWOL trophy was for getting an FC, even in one of the specific solos, then you would be onto something there. But a pass isn't really a huge flex now, is it?

 

Regardless, here's the second finish that I got after about 90 minutes of playtime:

 

You can probably tell from this video alone that I'm not the best player in the world, but a pass is still a pass, as the trophy states.

 

Now I'm not saying that me completing your song means that you have to go out and buy a copy of LRB (or RB4 if you want to use an easier engine, like I did) to try this trophy out for yourself. But I think it would probably help your case here if you had some experience of TFC to know why it is so difficult, especially in any of the Rock Band engines.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Unfortunately mate, I think you'll find it is you who is comparing apples to oranges here.

 

I'll admit, I was looking forward to going back to GH:WoR to try out this impossible song for myself, but try as I may, I was unable to get past the barrier of having to finish the main campaign to actually attempt the song (TFC doesn't have this restriction btw, it is unlocked from the very start). As much as I owe the GH games another playthrough at some point, I wasn't looking to spend hours of my time going through the whole campaign just to unlock 1 trophy on a game that I will never platinum.

 

However, I didn't want the opportunity to go to waste, so I opened up the song in Clone Hero instead as a compromise. Now I know I have said previously that Clone Hero is one of the easiest of these types of games to get into, but GH:WoR isn't far behind, even on the PS3 version, so there shouldn't be too much of a difference overall. With that being said, after clearing the song in only an hour, I don't quite think this is the challenge you think it is. The engine that these games use is far easier for hammer-ons than the RB engines are, this has been common knowledge for years at this point. On top of that, the difference between a pass and an FC run are massive. If this BWOL trophy was for getting an FC, even in one of the specific solos, then you would be onto something there. But a pass isn't really a huge flex now, is it?

 

Regardless, here's the second finish that I got after about 90 minutes of playtime:

 

You can probably tell from this video alone that I'm not the best player in the world, but a pass is still a pass, as the trophy states.

 

Now I'm not saying that me completing your song means that you have to go out and buy a copy of LRB (or RB4 if you want to use an easier engine, like I did) to try this trophy out for yourself. But I think it would probably help your case here if you had some experience of TFC to know why it is so difficult, especially in any of the Rock Band engines.

 

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to try the song but if you were paying attention, the conversation moved from "which trophy is more difficult" to "which song is more difficult", i know what you were trying to tell me, it's harder to fc TFC on LRB than passing BWOL on gh wor, i get it, but it's no harder song by any means, as you may noticed while you play it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hekyus said:

 

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to try the song but if you were paying attention, the conversation moved from "which trophy is more difficult" to "which song is more difficult", i know what you were trying to tell me, it's harder to fc TFC on LRB than passing BWOL on gh wor, i get it, but it's no harder song by any means, as you may noticed while you play it

That's fair enough. But bearing in mind that this is a trophy website, it only makes sense that the main metrics that people use to judge the difficulty in a song is due to the trophies that are tied to them, as well as the games they are set in. Simply saying that this one specific song is more difficult doesn't really change the difficulty of the TFC trophy, which is purely where most complaints of the song come from. If you weren't after comparisons between the trophies tied to these two songs, then you probably would've been better off picking a song that isn't tied to a trophy. As I'm sure you're aware, there's harder songs in both series' that are much more difficult than BWOL. I don't even think I'd call it the hardest song in WoR, to be perfectly honest with you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/12/2022 at 1:16 PM, Hekyus said:

As someone who managed to beat "black widow of la porte" on expert on gh wor, i can tell you the final countdown is nowhere near that difficult, although it will take quite a few months (if you never played any guitar hero) to be able to get through it

As a person who's done all Guitar Hero games and most Rock Band games in the past, that's false..... You can miss notes on Black Widow, you can't on the solo on Final Countdown.  Big difference.  It's also harder to be more accurate on Rock Band games than Guitar Hero games.  The inputs are more strict.

Edited by grimydawg___
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have the same doubt about what instruments I need, according to what I have read, I have guitars, a battery and a microphone, currently where I live I can get two guitars for perhaps €50, the battery for €30 or so, and the microphone only I have seen in some console pack, in short yes, this platinum is expensive apart from the fact that some trophy looks difficult, I also have the doubt of which microphone is compatible, because for example I have the microphones of a singing game called the main 40 karaoke party, could you serve? I don't know, I'm also looking to make all the lego lists, I don't lack many but it is an expense of extra money

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.