Server shutdown coming soon

rogero_86

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Yeah several games on this list have already been confirmed to have had their servers turned off already with that notice's posting. It's most likely Wolfenstein is already shut off too.

Nope. The servers are still up as of today. MP matches can still be hosted (I‘ve tested it on my own some minutes ago).

I also found another MP match from a random guy via 'quick match' option/ 'find game' server browser. With 2 players in it. The game did let me join that normally.

Enough said, we don‘t know how long the MP will still be up... So whoever wants the online trophies done should do them ASAP.

That being said, if you dont have it started I wouldn't bother starting it for the sake of it. Many problems outweigh the trophies and you could be one of the ones that dont get your stats tracked and end up with the game unfinishable on your profile. Just something to think on as I know theres people out there that will think its somehow good to start it now.

• Like 1

can some1 please post what games are going to be effected by this?

edit: i dint see the link in the original post ignore this

btw can any1 confirm that the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 from the list is the ps3 version or this will effect the ps4 re-release as well?

Edited by A210221100

9 minutes ago, A210221100 said:

can some1 please post what games are going to be effected by this?

edit: i dint see the link in the original post ignore this

btw can any1 confirm that the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 from the list is the ps3 version or this will effect the ps4 re-release as well?

That game doesn't have any online trophies in any version of it.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Btw on the flip side with Wolfenstein not being technically Activision's IP has anyone tried contacting ID or Bethesda to see if they are gonna carry the server themselves?

The game is from 2009, and not to mention on ps3, i doubt that, everyone had 11 yrs to do this, just saying ?

From what I gathered there are not even any servers to shut down because the game is peer to peer. There is some matchmaking service running somewhere so that when you start a lobby, other people can find you. And on a server somewhere, stats are stored and updated. I used to run stuff like that on my home connection 'for free' without a problem, but if you put it in a data center somewhere it will probably cost about 5$ a month max.

The biggest danger in my opinion is that if the servers that provide these simple services crash they might never come back online. Which is most likely what happened to the other games that disappeared without a trace. That goes for many old PS3 games now, so the only logical advice about those is: do them now and take the risks for granted but do not do them at all if you care a lot about your 100% profile.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

From what I gathered there are not even any servers to shut down because the game is peer to peer. There is some matchmaking service running somewhere so that when you start a lobby, other people can find you. And on a server somewhere, stats are stored and updated. I used to run stuff like that on my home connection 'for free' without a problem, but if you put it in a data center somewhere it will probably cost about 5$ a month max.

The biggest danger in my opinion is that if the servers that provide these simple services crash they might never come back online. Which is most likely what happened to the other games that disappeared without a trace. That goes for many old PS3 games now, so the only logical advice about those is: do them now and take the risks for granted but do not do them at all if you care a lot about your 100% profile.

i was going to say im pretty sure it was p2p as well. wasnt sure about the matchmaking service though. interesting info

also agree on some sort of mp backup. mag was one of my favorite games. that game was online only so it became completely useless when they shut servers down. would of been neat to have bots

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1