Anyone think that Dreams will remain a UR platinum?

snakebit10

6 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well every LittleBigPlanet game has a UR Plat and this game is pretty similar right? So i bet Dreams'll stay UR too :)

Although is there anything with mp? There 4 player price bubbles in LBP or Create and Share Maps. Has Dreams similar features?

I believe all the prize bubbles can be collected solo. Only kind of MP is dealing with playing and liking other peoples creations and visiting another players home space 10 times. There is no acing levels trophy. There is some task that require you to be doing things in create mode for a certain amount of time but no 24 hours in create. 

There is a chance that it could stay UR because of the grinding. The story mode is only a few hours at best. I did one chapter the first night and the rest the next night. Just have to replay for missed prize bubbles.

I never could understand the appeal of the LittleBigPlanet games. I had an opportunity to snag LittleBigPlanet 3 back when that game was offered on PS+ but I skipped out of it because I felt I wasn't going to enjoy it.

Dreams looks different, maybe sometime in the future I'll try it out for myself.

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I never could understand the appeal of the LittleBigPlanet games.

It’s a platformer. I thought you liked platformers. Now if you’re taking about the LBP trophies, yes, there’s also the create and social aspects, but it’s still a damn good platformer series. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It’s a platformer. I thought you liked platformers. Now if you’re taking about the LBP trophies, yes, there’s also the create and social aspects, but it’s still a damn good platformer series. 

Some of the trophies really turned me off. I know some people are thinking 'Well you shouldn't judge a game on the trophies', but I tend to use that for what series I should jump into.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Some of the trophies really turned me off. I know some people are thinking 'Well you shouldn't judge a game on the trophies', but I tend to use that for what series I should jump into.

I somewhat agree with you. I did platinum the first LBP, but I had a lot of help from friends to get the platinum. I played a bit of LBP 2 but the 24 hour of create trophy turned me off from pursuing the platinum. I have LBP 3 but have yet to play it. I did platinum LBP Karting also and I did find that kind of fun. 

I am liking Dreams but it does have some of the same elements as the LBP series but on a greater scale. The story mode is not no were near as long but good. Obviously the creation part is greater and more can be done. Some of the stuff I have already seen is amazing. I know I will never be able to create what these people have done. Hat's off to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I believe all the prize bubbles can be collected solo. Only kind of MP is dealing with playing and liking other peoples creations and visiting another players home space 10 times. There is no acing levels trophy. There is some task that require you to be doing things in create mode for a certain amount of time but no 24 hours in create

There is a chance that it could stay UR because of the grinding. The story mode is only a few hours at best. I did one chapter the first night and the rest the next night. Just have to replay for missed prize bubbles.

If you want to reach level 30, you'll have to spend a lot of time in creation mode as it's quicker then playing online creations. By the time I finished most trophies I was level 11-12. From level 20 to 30 was about 30h in create mode spamming X. Not sure if it was the quickest way, but still a time sink.

Just now, Kolm said:

If you want to reach level 30, you'll have to spend a lot of time in creation mode as it's quicker then playing online creations. By the time I finished most trophies I was level 11-12. From level 20 to 30 was about 30h in create mode spamming X. Not sure if it was the quickest way, but still a time sink.

That don't sound good then. I am level 9 I believe. So I still have a long ways to go it seems. 

On 23/02/2020 at 5:54 PM, snakebit10 said:

There is some task that require you to be doing things in create mode for a certain amount of time but no 24 hours in create.

Yeah if only it was "Just" 24hours in create, my brother got platinum and he says its more like a 70 hour grind. We ended up buying a turbo controller just so we could leave it on overnight and I believe he only went up half a level in 5 or so hours. I might attempt this myself since I like what they did with dreams. But the grind is real fam

6 hours ago, Dude28Git said:

Yeah if only it was "Just" 24hours in create, my brother got platinum and he says its more like a 70 hour grind. We ended up buying a turbo controller just so we could leave it on overnight and I believe he only went up half a level in 5 or so hours. I might attempt this myself since I like what they did with dreams. But the grind is real fam

I am realizing as I have been playing that it will be more than I originally thought. I'm to the point that I may play another game along side it so I don't burn out on the grind.

6 hours ago, Dude28Git said:

It took me about 30h to get from level 20 to level 30 with a turbocontroller (cronusmax), it feels like he's doing something wrong. Maybe check out the trophy thoughts topic for more on that. There's also a tool on PC that you can use to emulate a turbocontroller in combination remote play on PC.

Edited by Kolm

On 2/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, Spaz said:

I never could understand the appeal of the LittleBigPlanet games. I had an opportunity to snag LittleBigPlanet 3 back when that game was offered on PS+ but I skipped out of it because I felt I wasn't going to enjoy it.

Dreams looks different, maybe sometime in the future I'll try it out for myself.

LittleBigPlanet 3 was terrible compared to 1&2. It stinks your first experience with LBP had to be with the 3rd game. The group of people who made LBP 1&2 are the same who made Dreams. It was a different group of people who made LBP3.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, Kolm said:

How do you stop the thermometer from maxing out using a turbo controller?

On 2/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, Kolm said:

If you want to reach level 30, you'll have to spend a lot of time in creation mode as it's quicker then playing online creations. By the time I finished most trophies I was level 11-12. From level 20 to 30 was about 30h in create mode spamming X. Not sure if it was the quickest way, but still a time sink

Edited by Orenn16

8 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

My question is: Is the platinum as easy as the trophy guide makes it seem to be?

Since I'm scratching my head as on why it''s like 1% Ultra Rare.

So far it is pretty easy. Just a lot of grinding. I haven't attempted to go back for the prize bubbles I need, so I don't know if any of them is difficult to get.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

How do you stop the thermometer from maxing out using a turbo controller?

You can use sculpting mode or music mode, those modes don't seem to add to the thermometer while Record possession does add to the thermometer.

Here you can read my setup for sculpt mode:

Beware that pressing the piano keys in music mode doesn't add xp, it does count for the music related trophy.

• 2 weeks later...