Solo 100% DLC

Brightblade76

I need help from someone that did the 100% solo, because I'm at a dead end and it seems everywhere I look, the difficulty is way underrated compared to what I'm seeing, so either I'm doing something wrong or most people got carried somewhere by someone that spent his life with this game to cut corners. I've unlocked way of the wise and I have a build centered around spear also with a high spirit, because in the end I always seem to have to resort to living weapon due to the BS that fills most boss fights. I'm level 280 and got mostly lvl 200-220(+15)(+20) or so equipment, yet I have a hard time even with a few mission of the third dlc on way of samurai, I also tried Mr.Hayabusa on way of the strong and got demolished, so something must be very wrong considering I'll have to do everything also on way of the demon. So where should I proceed from now? I've already wasted 180 hours on this piece of cheap BS, which is an absurdity, I have much better thing to do, so I need a solid plan to get out of this mess. One level up takes 56 million amrita and I can barely level up a couple levels doing way of the wise missions, which are a pain at this point, so what's best to do as first step now? Beside getting carried and say f*ck it for good.

• Like 1

For me I wound up just going for the Hayabusa set since I was comfortable with swords but the set also gives you a slight boost in invincibility frames when dodging. You also do a fair amount of damage with the whole set equipped. The supposed downside to the set is you aren't able to take much damage but considering how fast everything kills you in the game anyway I don't think it really matters. I know you said you used a spear but if you're really comfortable with the spear you might be able to swap the kusarigama with it but I think that takes away some of the full set bonus if not all of it.

Unfortunately beyond that there really isn't a good build to recommend outside of abusing Living Weapon stuff because of how much the devs nerfed everything. And even then from my understanding Living Weapon isn't like it used to be either. So I think your best bet would be to find someone through a boosting session or a Discord group that can help you farm the Hayabusa set from Jin on Way of the Demon and then rank those up as best you can and then have your partner help out with the co-op bosses since I honestly have no idea how you're supposed to solo those. But if you can get the DLC bosses done you're good to go for the rest of the game. I know there are people that can do Way of the Nioh no problem that still play the game that I would assume like to help out.

So yeah, that's about all I can suggest unfortunately. It sucks that the devs nerfed all the really good builds but it is what it is :[

If you felt undergeared, rush to Way of the Nioh and farm there. Pick stages that you're comfortable to beat to unlock next maps (iirc 9+3+3+3+3 stages). I farmed stages that have NPCs to help like Demon King Revealed along the way.

Once Queen Eyes stage unlock, beat it and rush Way of the Nioh in those few stages to the end again. I finally farmed most of my gear and amrita in Summer Osaka where both Masamune and Shigezane joined.

Although if you farmed Abyss well enough you won't need this stage rush much but I couldn't farm in Abyss that effectively so I use this way.

• Like 1

my friend had someone help him respec to axe build of some sort, and this dude farmed a boss for hrs to help him get a weapon, game sounds right shit imo i love a good souls like challenge any day of the week but cheap arrogant devs that nerf annoys me.

btw my friend was living weapon and it sucks hard he said. totally awful and when he got what he got, everything became much easier.

I used a katana, dual swords and warrior of the west 4 piece until I got to way of the wise. Try and get yourself the magatama that reduces set items required by 1 so you can mix and match some sets.

You can destroy all human enemies with tempest and with yokai get them confused and whack away. I used the first guardian spirit the dog and the first wind one the bird. 

Most enemies are weak to certain elements but I found lightning is useful against almost everything. 

Once I was in way of the wise I replaced that set with the etheral susano set.

Marobashi is a good to place to level and get some gear, also changing the stats on your weapons and armor with umbracites helps immensely.

If an enemy was really tough I used a lightning talisman and once they are under that elemental effect I would use a couple of guardian talismans until they get confused, then if you’re quick enough you will melt them before they can recover.

3 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I soloed Way Of The Demon and it was laughably easy, an absolute cakewalk. Anyone who tells you that WotD is hard wasn’t playing the game correctly. The first 2 difficulties you can set up the character however you want as it doesn’t matter too much. However WotD is when the game truely starts. The only way to properly approach it is with a build specifically made for WotD. If you go with anything else (like carrying on with your build from the previous difficulties) you will find it pretty difficult.  Some builds have been nerfed but there are still plenty of good builds you can go with. Below is the build I went with.

This build was absolutely fantastic. It’s a dual sword tank build based around survivability as opposed to all those glass cannon builds that do massive damage at the cost of not being able to survive more than a couple of hits. Even before I had fully completed the build I could see how amazing it was. This saw me through everything in the game including the DLCs of which I only completed 2 main missions on one DLC on a lower difficulty. The rest I went into blind because I could slaughter absolutely everything. I died no more than 5 times across every single mission and most of them were due to going into the DLC missions blind and not knowing just what I was up against.

All you need to solo WotD is the right build. You also don’t need to go into any higher difficulty to farm equipment. Just find a build you like and level up your gear as you can.

I've respecced to get as close as I can get to this build, but even at level 288 I'm far from having all the points required, especially for omnyo, ninjutsu and prestige points, and I'm missing some of these pieces of equipment, but I have some way of the wise drops, which should be beefy, but it's like they've filled the game with absurd amounts of things mostly useless, unless you know that one particular combination. Cheap bosses remain cheap, Jin Hayabusa does what he wants even on samurai difficulty, I'll continue working on this set, but unless mirroring exactly this build changes things dramatically, I'm starting to think I should leave this BS alone and stay away from the second game as it feels more excruciating than Ninja Gaiden games so far.

49 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I've respecced to get as close as I can get to this build, but even at level 288 I'm far from having all the points required, especially for omnyo, ninjutsu and prestige points, and I'm missing some of these pieces of equipment, but I have some way of the wise drops, which should be beefy, but it's like they've filled the game with absurd amounts of things mostly useless, unless you know that one particular combination. Cheap bosses remain cheap, Jin Hayabusa does what he wants even on samurai difficulty, I'll continue working on this set, but unless mirroring exactly this build changes things dramatically, I'm starting to think I should leave this BS alone and stay away from the second game as it feels more excruciating than Ninja Gaiden games so far.

Mirroring this build is the only way to get it to work unfortunately. While the gear used does make some difference it really comes down to the skills on the gear that truely make it work. For example, on the dual swords theres a skill that gives a 20 to 25% chance per hit to significantly reduce melee damage and it’s very easy to activate on an enemy when using Windstorm. And the amount of damage reduction is huge. Many times I’d just stand there and let an enemy attack me just to laugh at how weak their attacks were.

I can’t tell you how long it took me to make this build myself but it wasn’t quick. Getting the gear wasn’t too bad although the dual swords can only be crafted unless a revenant drops them and the plan to craft them only drops from one boss. I went through hundreds of divine shards to get the right skills on all my equipment as respeccing a skill isn’t RNG, it follows a set list. I also had to spend a good chunk of time farming amrita to get to get to level 342 which is the recommended level. However once I had completed the build it was smooth sailing.

I never tried any other builds as when I found this one it was exactly what I was looking for so I can’t say whether other builds would be quicker to copy. One possible option to copy it is for me to suicide at a specific place however there’s no guarantee that my revenant would show up in your game and you’d also need to kill my revenant as well. Other than co-oping your way through WotD, the only option if you want 100% is to find a build that you like and copy it.

Another question related to soloing the DLC, obviously I've sold or disassembled the Kusanagi Tsurugi sword, because unless you read every single trophy description, no one can imagine devs being so stupid to put months later a trophy in a dlc that requires a one time item dropped in the base game, I'm trying to farm the smithing text in the Marobashi mission, with no success after more than ten attempts, do I have to farm in on NG+ or above? Or is anything else required to have it drop? For solo players, this game seems to combine the most unpleasant requirements for trophies.

48 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Another question related to soloing the DLC, obviously I've sold or disassembled the Kusanagi Tsurugi sword, because unless you read every single trophy description, no one can imagine devs being so stupid to put months later a trophy in a dlc that requires a one time item dropped in the base game, I'm trying to farm the smithing text in the Marobashi mission, with no success after more than ten attempts, do I have to farm in on NG+ or above? Or is anything else required to have it drop? For solo players, this game seems to combine the most unpleasant requirements for trophies.

Go to queens eyes in WotSamurai. Revenants in derrick's basement have it 90% of the time. Since Tsurugi was one of the guaranteed divines after Demon King, most people if running katana will have it equipped at that point.

And please stop BS this game. As per your profile you are very skillful player, you can do it with no need to hate. This game is mine top games of past years, and I defend it not cause of it.
I managed to do all side missions and main mission including dlcs like few weeks ago with almost stock weapons with no harm to my nerves and without cheating the system, just by learning patterns and using in game mechanics. I wouldn't consider any of the bosses unfair. Yes, there are some issues when "you should have avoided that hit but you didn't" and some other, but they are very rare. And speaking the truth which souls game doesn't have that issues?

I can imagine you refer to way of the Nioh weapons with "almost stock weapons", otherwise I find it very hard that clearing the DLC has been a smooth and pleasant cruise. I did games that required actual skill and reflexes in the past and this doesn't fall in that category. Also I'd gladly see gang bang missions like Everlasting Duty on WOD done just by learning the mechanics and not with some cheap exploiting strategy, kudos to anyone that can manage to do that solo without a huge time investment in leveling up and farming equipment.

Just one last word of advice to anyone thinking of doing it solo, don't bother or, if you intend to, disregard the difficulty rates and completion times, it will be worse either in the time investment or in the frustration you'll feel.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, Brightblade76 said:

I've managed to defeat freakin Hayabusa on WOS by cheesing him and making him run like a stupid around a boulder in the map. Something that will definitely work also in WOD. That's what this piece of cheapness of a game deserves lol

Yeah that's pretty much the only way to really beat him. You can also throw traps on the ground near the rock and he will walk into them. The only downside is the traps are limited. When me and a friend did it, he would sometimes clip through the rock and hit us anyway. I definitely understand your frustration with the DLC bosses since I felt like they really went way overboard with how hard they are to where it's really more cheap than hard. Especially since bosses or even regular enemies are able to just block every attack you throw at them for however long they want while you get staggered before they get even halfway finished with their string of combos.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 9:07 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Lol

On 26/02/2020 at 10:32 AM, Smuiq said:

Go to queens eyes in WotSamurai. Revenants in derrick's basement have it 90% of the time. Since Tsurugi was one of the guaranteed divines after Demon King, most people if running katana will have it equipped at that point.

And please stop BS this game. As per your profile you are very skillful player, you can do it with no need to hate. This game is mine top games of past years, and I defend it not cause of it.
I managed to do all side missions and main mission including dlcs like few weeks ago with almost stock weapons with no harm to my nerves and without cheating the system, just by learning patterns and using in game mechanics. I wouldn't consider any of the bosses unfair. Yes, there are some issues when "you should have avoided that hit but you didn't" and some other, but they are very rare. And speaking the truth which souls game doesn't have that issues?

Lol I sold that weapon for no just reason. I'll probably find it on way of the strong or demon since I just launched those. 

But where do I find the mirror?

On 2/26/2020 at 5:03 PM, SladeArcade said:

Follow the build in video posted by Film, I can vouch and is very good build to easily beat all mission on Way of the Demon. Easy game to 100% all trophies solo in about 60-70 hours if you know what you're doing and understand Nioh's gameplay mechanics/systems.

Lol honestly it's quite hard to believe, I'm 250 hours in, everything done by myself, never asked for help once, and now I'm at level 450 with way of the Nioh equipment and the last two missions on way of the demon gave me hell, one should expect that a char this overleveld shouldn't perform like crap compared to one specific lower level build. Somehow I've managed to clear Everlasting Duty with 90% luck and 10% skill, like most of the dual boss missions. Now I'm missing just one dojo mission I'm waiting on, because I was thinking to pop Destroyer Of Demons as my 8000th trophy, even though I don't think it deserves it anymore after the crap I went through, and Fare For The After Life, I can consistently reach Sanada but when hell break loose and the revenant gangbang begins, it's constant game over. But at this point I'll just keep going out of stubborness and then probably never look back at this franchise, plenty of more enjoyable games in my backlog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The nature of this game makes it really hard to clone a build; even if you copy the skills and stats and setup, there's no guarantee that you'll ever get the same equipment thanks to gear spawning with random-ish modifiers. Like, yeah, if you get dual swords with four different damage upgrades, you're going to have an easier time than dual swords with no damage upgrades. So you still have to learn all about the details of the crafting system, and you still have to learn to dodge and block and work around enemy movesets. And if you're doing all that, while also grinding levels up to 342, you're building the skills to be able to beat WotD no matter the build.

After 252 hours, I think you just got good. :)