Who is playing Breath Of the Wild in 2020?

NBAcr5

I played BOTW back in 2017 and got pretty far into it, but I stopped playing because I got caught up in trophy hunting. I forgot everything story-wise, so I started a recently started a new file. I’ll probably delve more into it after I finish up with Sekiro! As far as the 100%, don’t think I’ll go for that, as I got a ton of other games to play.

• Like 1

I started it a few weeks back when I attempted again to retire from trophies but got sucked back in .... for now at least. I was gonna 100% it, or that was the plan anyways lol. But haven't played it since I didn't want to get really that far because, like @JIVe_____ experienced, if i stop for awhile i will forget story and mechanics ... just like how after picking up KH III after 9 months i was clueless on combats, items etc..... Hard to re-enter games that you are far in progress wise and then not play for a long time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

I started it a few weeks back when I attempted again to retire from trophies but got sucked back in .... for now at least. I was gonna 100% it, or that was the plan anyways lol. But haven't played it since I didn't want to get really that far because, like @JIVe_____ experienced, if i stop for awhile i will forget story and mechanics ... just like how after picking up KH III after 9 months i was clueless on combats, items etc..... Hard to re-enter games that you are far in progress wise and then not play for a long time.

Well, as long as you're not doing a main quest, I think you should be fine. It's not like the story is too complicated, but I could definitely see this being hard to pick back up if you're in the middle of one of the main quests.

Though, I totally get you about getting sucked back into trophies. I get on a roll of finishing PS4 games and it's hard to stop! xD

• Like 2

I am, or I did. I lost interest after the last divine beast, I have played Zeldas since my childhood, and I gotta say, this new system doesn’t fit it well.

It’s the most boring Zelda I’ve ever played. What’s the point of 100%? To have 200 hearts? I expected at least unbreakable weapons or something, but even the master sword can break, WTF? The divine bosses are dull, there is no interesting mechanics to them, and Ganon will probably be the same. 

In short, I will someday force myself to beat the story, but unless something changes or I missed something, I have 0 interest in 100%, the rewards are worthless. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I am, or I did. I lost interest after the last divine beast, I have played Zeldas since my childhood, and I gotta say, this new system doesn’t fit it well.

It’s the most boring Zelda I’ve ever played. What’s the point of 100%? To have 200 hearts? I expected at least unbreakable weapons or something, but even the master sword can break, WTF? The divine bosses are dull, there is no interesting mechanics to them, and Ganon will probably be the same. 

In short, I will someday force myself to beat the story, but unless something changes or I missed something, I have 0 interest in 100%, the rewards are worthless. 

The master sword can't break.

16 minutes ago, Glowbugg said:

The master sword can't break.

It does, temporarily, 10 mins cooldown, fairly the same amount of time I could farm and reforge a champion’s weapon.

The point is, they “punish” you in something that is not Ganon related, why have an immense map if you have to constantly worry about weapons, its okay at the beginning, but it goes old pretty fast. They want you to farm, and kill mobs, but you will run out of weapons pretty fast, and the ones the enemies drop do pretty ass damage, it will take you ages to kill them even at late game, pretty lame if you ask me, an unbreakable secret weapon was out of question.

23 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, as long as you're not doing a main quest, I think you should be fine. It's not like the story is too complicated, but I could definitely see this being hard to pick back up if you're in the middle of one of the main quests.

Though, I totally get you about getting sucked back into trophies. I get on a roll of finishing PS4 games and it's hard to stop! xD

Well mechanic wise and remembering items and such. Just be soooo lost and confused and it was some simple story item i needed to progress though a simple puzzle or what not and feel like an idiot lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

You do get a neat outfit if you finish all of the shrines (the original link outfit), but for the most part you're right. The rewards you get are pretty lackluster since every weapon can break.

The mechanic doesn't bother me as I love to manage my inventory and survive, but I hope they add the ability to at least repair weapons in the second one. Even if you have to farm materials or if it's a bit pricey.

I personally thought it was the best Zelda since OoT, but to each their own.

24 minutes ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

Well mechanic wise and remembering items and such. Just be soooo lost and confused and it was some simple story item i needed to progress though a simple puzzle or what not and feel like an idiot lol

I definitely get the having to readjust to the mechanics. You could always start over from scratch.

• Like 1

I always feel like playing through it again as when it originally came out I didn't want to buy the Switch for just ONE game (even though I did just that later in the year for Mario Odyssey) and so I played it on the WiiU and that is where my 100% save lives. Well 100% minus all the korok seeds. I even upgraded all the outfits to max level. Starting fresh on the Switch seems daunting but I did have a lot of fun so maybe I will start again at some point in 2020.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing it, currently trying to complete the game entirely including the dlc. I bought my old Switch and Botw back in 2017 but I did not make much progress because I lost my Switch. 

I bought a new Switch in November of 2019 along with Pokemon Shield so after I finished Pokemon I came back to Botw and I'm enjoying every second of it. 

Currently I got almost all the armor sets. (missing a few) I maxed most of the armor, did 101 shrines and found about 150 korok seeds. Still have a lot to do but now that I'm quarantined because of Cornavirus I have all the time in the world to do it. You can say Botw is keeping me sane at these hard times. 

• 1 month later...

I actually just bought a Switch yesterday and one of the two games I got was Breath of the Wild (the other was Super Mario Maker 2). Haven't started the game yet but really looking forward to it after all the praise I've heard about it.

• 1 month later...