TROPHY GUIDE

atAlias_

24 minutes ago, Void said:

i am almost finished

Finish your guide dude. Im still gonna copy mine over, but Dont let another guide keep you from writing. If that were the case, we would never have AAA title guides anywhere do to the fact any users get them early for their guides. PowerPyx, Ps4Trophies etc.. 

13 minutes ago, Void said:

I have all the other Darksiders done on this site already and I am mostly done with this one here. I would have been done already but I have my regular job as well.

Yeah shit happens. I have work as well, and wrote the guide for Dreams first. Plus I logged 85 hours into genesis lol

Cool, thanks for the guide.

However, I disagree with you on one point: the hard play through is unnecessary and a waste of time.

After finishing normal I was at about 1022 rating and started doing Apocalyptic Chapter 1 right away. It was a bit time consuming at first since I wasn’t doing enough damage and some enemies are bullet sponges, but as you obtain more cores things will gradually get faster. I’m on chapter 5 now and am doing enough damage that I don’t feel like I’m shooting bbs anymore.

The hardest part was the chapter 1 boss, but he isn’t very well designed; if you use War and stand right in front of him, most attacks can’t hit you and the ones that can are easily parried. You’ll still be doing minuscule damage and it’ll take a while, but you’ll be relatively safe throughout so long as you stay close. Ironically the flea adds he spawns are more dangerous than the boss. ? Don’t bother using Strife unless it’s for Chaos form damage.

Edited by CookeKeyes

7 hours ago, CookeKeyes said:

Cool, thanks for the guide.

However, I disagree with you on one point: the hard play through is unnecessary and a waste of time.

After finishing normal I was at about 1022 rating and started doing Apocalyptic Chapter 1 right away. It was a bit time consuming at first since I wasn’t doing enough damage and some enemies are bullet sponges, but as you obtain more cores things will gradually get faster. I’m on chapter 5 now and am doing enough damage that I don’t feel like I’m shooting bbs anymore.

The hardest part was the chapter 1 boss, but he isn’t very well designed; if you use War and stand right in front of him, most attacks can’t hit you and the ones that can are easily parried. You’ll still be doing minuscule damage and it’ll take a while, but you’ll be relatively safe throughout so long as you stay close. Ironically the flea adds he spawns are more dangerous than the boss. ? Don’t bother using Strife unless it’s for Chaos form damage.

Yeah the roadmap is designed pretty much how I recommend getting the platinum after doing it twice myself. The game should only take about 3 hours to run through when leveled up enough. At 1000, you would have been able to power up enough and run through hard easily so that you can then run through apocalyptic easily. It doesnt sound like much, but a 600 power level difference will help tremendously. 

I have a lot of fun in arena as well

After having obtaining the Platinum for the game. I must disagree with time, difficulty and play throughs. Overall a great guide however, bearing in mind I’m no master of the game or anything like that but for myself I must give it a difficulty rating of 3, 30 hours at most and only 2 play throughs needed. First play through do it on easy to get a feel for the controls and recognise boss fight patterns. Second play through do it on Apocalyptic and get all collectibles. You can rush through the chapters without having to engage in a fight unless necessary and collectibles are very easy to get. By the 10th chapter, I was roughly level 900-1000 which still was very doable and by the end of the game, i was up to 1400 so don’t be afraid of that 1900 on apocalyptic

12 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

After having obtaining the Platinum for the game. I must disagree with time, difficulty and play throughs. Overall a great guide however, bearing in mind I’m no master of the game or anything like that but for myself I must give it a difficulty rating of 3, 30 hours at most and only 2 play throughs needed. First play through do it on easy to get a feel for the controls and recognise boss fight patterns. Second play through do it on Apocalyptic and get all collectibles. You can rush through the chapters without having to engage in a fight unless necessary and collectibles are very easy to get. By the 10th chapter, I was roughly level 900-1000 which still was very doable and by the end of the game, i was up to 1400 so don’t be afraid of that 1900 on apocalyptic

I put 30-40 hours which includes the time you stated. I gave the game a 4 which is just one above what your rating is at. If there was ever a poll system implemented, it would be better to give the game a more accurate rating.

Yes the roadmap like I stated is designed to make the game easier, though might take a few extra hours longer for farming. It is also the order I did myself.  I myself would much rather play with a 1500 other than a 900-1000

Edited by atAlias_

4 is a fair rating for the difficulty. Could be a 5 if you try to get the Leviathan core as intended instead of glitching. 

I basically did 2 and a half playthroughs myself. First on Normal then I gathered the upgrade collectibles and the miscellaneous trophies I missed on Casual without finishing levels (the game saves things you collect immediately). Finally did Apocalyptic rushing straight through to the end of the level. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

Got my plat today. Took me just under 34 hours, with 2 full play-throughs; first on Normal then Apocalyptic. I agree that 3 or 4 is a fair difficulty rating. 

Honestly, the hardest trophy for me was Why’d it have to be snakes? But that’s because the snakes are bugged. Other than that, getting Respect for Animals was quite difficult but only because I did it the first time you fight the houndmaster. It’d be way easier if I had waited until I was stronger. And Dagon on Apocalyptic is the hardest boss in the game, IMO simply for the fact that falling off the platform ends the fight.